The article discusses approaches to creating a smart tool for operational evaluation of the efficiency of the development system by dividing the field sites (development blocks) into ranks according to the degree of confidence of reserves with further preparation of a research program, as well as the formation of geological and technical measures for the pre-development of clustered reserves. The standard practices used for the assessment and forecast of recovery factor (RF) do not allow to quickly identify problems, as well as timely and effectively plan corrective measures aimed at regulating the pace of stock selection. In this regard, an alternative tool for analyzing field development has been developed, the main idea of which is the clustering of recoverable oil reserves (according to the degree of their involvement in the development process) and verification of the parameters of the oil recovery coefficient. Effective involvement of reserves involves determining the boundaries of their localization. That is why the key stages of the proposed methodology are as follows: development of a tool for localization of remaining recoverable reserves (the method of clustering reserves and RF verification); determination of the reasons for not achieving the final RF; selection of additional research program; development of a tool for the selection of targeted geological and technical measures; assessment of the applicability of recommended geological and technical measures.
The reserves were clustered, the RF was verified, and a smart card was built for one of the oil fields in Western Siberia, as well as the zones with the largest unprocessed reserves were identified and a program of additional studies and measures for the completion of reserves was formed. Depending on the category of the development site, as well as on the value of unprocessed reserves for each of the coefficients of the RF - an assessment of reserve losses due to the failure to achieve the design coefficient of displacement, flooding and coverage, respectively), recommendations are formed on the choice of geological and technical measures for involving non-drained zones in development.
The developed methodology has been successfully applied at the fields of the Rosneft's subsidiaries, the effectiveness has been confirmed by the completed geological and engineering operations program.
1. Antonov O.G., Sovershenstvovanie metodov regulirovaniya razrabotki neftyanykh zalezhey na osnove geologo-tekhnologicheskogo modelirovaniya tret’ego bloka Berezovskoy ploshchadi Romashkinskogo mestorozhdeniya (Improvement of methods for regulating the development of oil deposits based on geological and technological modeling of the third block of the Berezovskaya area of the Romashkinskoye field): thesis of candidate of technical science, Bugul’ma, 2016.
2. Griguletskiy V.G., Watering of fields is a fundamental issue of modern Russian oil and gas industry (In Russ.), Tekhnologii toplivno-energeticheskogo kompleksa, 2007, no. 2, pp. 35–40.
3. Antonov M.S., Gumerova G.R., Rafikova Yu.I. et al., Improving the efficiency of monitoring oil fields development on the basis of standard displacement characteristics (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 4, pp. 44–48, DOI: https://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2019-4-44-48
4. Krylov A.P., Glogovskiy M.M., Mirchink M.F., Nauchnye osnovy razrabotki neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy (Scientific basis for the development of oil fields), Moscow - Izhevsk: Publ. of Institute for Computer Science, 2004, 416 p.
5. Amelin I.D., Bad’yanov V.A., Vendel’shteyn B.Yu. et al., Podschet zapasov nefti, gaza, kondensata i soderzhashchikhsya v nikh komponentov (Calculation of reserves of oil, gas, condensate and their components): edited by Stasenkov V.V., Gutman I.S., Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1989, 270 p.
6. Khuzina D.I., Kharlamov K.A., Ganiev Sh.R. et al., Kompleksnyy podkhod vovlecheniya OIZ na mestorozhdeniyakh pozdney stadii razrabotki (An integrated approach to involve residual recoverable reserves in fields at a late stage of development), Proceedings of Third International Youth Scientific and Practical Forum “Neftyanaya stolitsa“ (Oil capital), Nizhnevartovsk, Moscow: Publ. of ANO TsNTR, 2020.7. Ramazanov R.R., Kharlamov K.A., Letko I.I., Martsenyuk R.A., Efficiency analysis of geological and technical measures (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 6, pp. 62–65, DOI: https://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2019-6-62-65