The paper presents results of comprehensive studies aimed at development of a unified approach to engineering of acidizing designs. The studies involved laboratory analysis of acid compositions and synthetic formation water, physical modeling of bottomhole treatment process, generalization of dependencies. Series of core flooding experiments included flushing of core samples with different acid compositions at different velocities, and made it possible to determine parameters of carbonate dissolution kinetics and formation of wormholes. These parameters were further used to populate acidizing simulator with data. To get better insight into the process of wormhole formation, seventy-two core flooding tests using carbonate samples from five development targets of the Volga-Ural petroleum play were used. Three acid systems used for flooding of core samples differed in concentration and reaction velocity control agents. In the process of interpretation of experiments results, necessary data for matching of mathematic models were obtained including initial data on acid injection rate and characteristics of wormholes formation, i.e., amount of injected acid pore volumes vs. onset of wormhole. For each development target, minimum values of acid pore volumes were obtained, which characterize the rate of wormhole formation. Laboratory analysis of physicochemical properties allowed to prioritize acid compositions considering specific reservoir conditions. The obtained quantitative and qualitative data will be interpreted for further use in physical and mathematical models of the processes of bottomhole treatments and acid fracturing of carbonate reservoirs.
1. Ibragimov N.G., Musabirov M.Kh., Yartiev A.F., Tatneft’s experience in commercialization of import-substituting well stimulation technologies (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2015, no. 8, pp. 86–89.
2. Nasr-El-Din H.A., van Domelen M.S., Sierra L., Welton T.D., Optimization of surfactant-based fluids for acid diversion, SPE-107687-MS, 2007, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/107687-MS.
3. Gomari K.A.R, Karoussi O., Hamouda A.A., Mechanistic study of interaction between water and carbonate rocks for enhancing oil recovery, SPE-99628-MS, 2006, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/99628-MS
4. Yartiev A.F., Tufetulov A.M., Musabirov M.H., Grigoryeva L.L., Enhancement of horizontal well oil recovery by means of chemical stimulation, Asian Social Science, 2015, V. 11, no. 11, pp. 346-356, DOI: https://doi.org/10.5539/ass.v11n11p346.
5. Khisamov R.S., Musabirov M.Kh., Yartiev A.F., Uvelichenie produktivnosti karbonatnykh kollektorov neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy (Increase in productivity of carbonate reservoirs of oil fields), Kazan': Ikhlas Publ., 2015, 192 p.
6. Zakirov I.S., Zakharova E.F., Musabirov M.Kh., Ganiev D.I., Approaches to assessing the effectiveness of chemicals on core material of Domanic deposits (In Russ.), Neftyanaya provintsiya, 2019, no. 3(19), pp. 141–155, DOI: https://doi.org/10.25689/NP.2019.3.141-155
7. Musabirov M.Kh., Dmitrieva A.Yu., Podbor kislotnykh kompozitsiy dlya obrabotki prizaboynoy zony plastov mestorozhdeniy NGDU “Bavlyneft'” (Selection of acid compositions for treatment of bottomhole formation zones of oil and gas production department "Bavlyneft"), Proceedings of TatNIPIneft' / PAO “Tatneft'”, Naberezhnye Chelny: Ekspozitsiya Neft' Gaz Publ., 2017, V. 85, pp. 217–228.8. Dmitrieva A.Yu., Musabirov M.Kh., Baturin N.I. et al., Digitized ranking of physical and chemical parameters of acid systems as a new approach to selection of optimal agents for targeted well acidizing in carbonate reservoirs (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2021, no. 7, pp. 36-39, DOI: https://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2021-7-36-39