To provide main pipeline safe operation in course of transportation of oils with non-Newtonian rheology, a possibility to start temporarily shutdown pipelines shall be ensured. In this regard, a problem of predictive evaluation of congealed oil starting pressure is relevant. Uncertainty of this design value depends on initial parameters, specified by ranges of values. Use of an analogy between computing experiments and indirect measurements in theoretical metrology has permitted to apply a standard procedure on expressing the uncertainty to the starting pressure value. Calculations show that the oil temperature, which is initial information, contributes maximum uncertainty at the final calculation stage, the total value of which could reach 70% and more. A comparative assessment method for various modifications of calculation models for a specific sought quantity through standard uncertainty comparison is an effective formalized instrument, which is universal. Modification of a known starting model with account of oil parameters nonuniformity in radial direction was performed. With account of known experimental data, a scheme of congealed oil displacement with partial section was adopted, and a procedure for this section radius definition was offered. At that it is possible (with account of an obtained recalculation formula) to apply results of engineering calculations in compliance with an approach, which uses oil temperature averaged in cross section in each pipeline point. Prospective of using a medium flow mathematic model based on a combined rheological model of Kelvin - Voigt body and a viscoplastic Bingham model was noted.
1. Zholobov V.V., Moretskiy V.Yu., Talipov R.F., K voprosu opredeleniya davleniya na nachal’nom etape zapuska ostanovlennogo “goryachego” nefteprovoda (On the issue of determining pressure at the initial stage of launching a stopped “hot” oil pipeline), Proceedings of IV All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference “Truboprovodnyy transport uglevodorodov” (Pipeline transport of hydrocarbons), Omsk, 30th October 2020, Omsk: Publ. of OSTU, 2020, pp. 86–89.
2. Lur’e M.V., Chuprakova N.P., Unsteady operating modes of a “hot” oil pipeline considering the thermal field of the surrounding ground (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2021, V. 11, no. 3, pp. 276–283, DOI: https://doi.org/10.28999/2541-9595-2021-11-3-276-283
3. Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurement, First edition, ISO, Switzerland, 1993, 101 p.
4. Gubin V.E., Gubin V.V., Truboprovodnyy transport nefti i nefteproduktov (Pipeline transport of oil and oil products), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1982, 296 p.
5. Tyan V.K., Degtyarev V.N., Tyan P.V., Pimenov A.V., Mathematical modeling of congelation paraffin oil in transit on pipes (In Russ.), Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra RAN, 2009, V. 11, no. 5(2), pp. 358–361.
6. Nekuchaev V.O., Lyapin A.Yu., Mikheev M.M., Methods and results of static shear stress study of Timan-Pechora Province waxy crude oils using a controlled shear rate rheometer (In Russ.), SOCAR Proceedings, 2018, no. 4, pp. 18–25, DOI: https://doi.org/10.5510/OGP20180400367
7. Lykov A.V., Teoriya teploprovodnosti (Theory of thermal conductivity), Moscow: Vysshaya shkola Publ., 1967, 600 p.
8. Chernikin V.I., Perekachka vyazkikh i zastyvayushchikh neftey (Pumping of viscous and hardening oils), Moscow: Gostoptekhizdat Publ., 1958, 164 p.
9. Suleymanov V.A., Assessment of safe shutdown time for a pipeline which pumps high-stiffering oil (In Russ.), Vesti gazovoy nauki, 2018, no. 2(34), pp. 36–43.
10. Metodika opredeleniya puskovogo davleniya dlya nefteprovodov, transportiruyushchikh parafinovye nefti (Method for determining the starting pressure for oil pipelines transporting paraffin oils), Samara: Publ. of Giprovostokneft, 1988, 30 p., URL: https://files.stroynf.ru/Data2/1/4293836/4293836514.pdf.
11. Ovchinnikov M.N., Interpretatsiya rezul’tatov issledovaniy plastov metodom fil’tratsionnykh voln davleniya (Interpretation of the results of reservoir studies by the method of filtration pressure waves), Kazan’: Novoe znanie Publ., 2003, 84 p.
12. Abramzon L.S., On possible mechanisms of pressure propagation in solidified oil pipelines (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 1968, no. 9, pp. 12–14.13.