The analysis of three main designs of gas separators, which are currently available on the domestic market of oil production equipment, is considered in the article. The ability of gas separators of various execution types to effectively separate gas and maintain their separation characteristics after partial wear of the working elements are discussed. The article provides statistical data on the failure of downhole pumping equipment at one of the fields in Western Siberia. To highlight the issue in more detail the following criteria were used: failed is gas separator, there are hydroabrasive wear traces of the thermowell and through flushes of the gas separator body. In addition to the field statistics, the complex laboratory test results of various gas separator designs are presented with the determination of the separation efficiency before and after the working elements wear. The destructive effects concentration areas were determined with the wear depth and distance measuring at the end of the laboratory tests. The level of consumed electrical energy was determined in laboratory tests, and thereby such a parameter as energy efficiency was assessed for all three types of gas separators. Based on the field statistics and the laboratory test results of three gas separators of three different designs, preliminary conclusions were drawn regarding the optimal operation of various gas separator designs. The economic component of the use of a particular gas separator design was analyzed and conclusions about the optimal application areas of various gas separator designs and ways to increase the resistance to abrasive wear were drawn.
1. Lysenko V.D., Razrabotka neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy. Teoriya i praktika (Development of oil fields. Theory and practice), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1996, 367 p.
2. Volkov M.G., Mikhaylov V.G., Petrov P.V., The research of gaz-liquid mix structure influence on gazseparation process efficiency in the centrifugal gasseparator (In Russ.), Vestnik UGATU, 2012, v. 16, no. 5(50), pp. 93–99.
3. Tronov V.P., Separatsiya gaza i sokrashchenie poter' nefti (Gas separation and reduction of oil losses), Kazan': FEN Publ., 2002.
4. Molchanov G.V., Molchanov A.G., Mashiny i oborudovanie dlya dobychi nefti i gaza (Machines and equipment for oil and gas production), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1984.
5. Volkov M.G., Razrabotka metodov rascheta tsentrobezhnykh gazoseparatorov pri ekspluatatsii ETsN v usloviyakh vysokogo gazovogo faktora (Development of methods for calculating centrifugal gas separators during the operation of an ESP under conditions of a high gas factor): thesis of candidate of technical science, Ufa, 2012.
6. Volkov M.G., Calculation method to obtain operational characteristics of a rotary centrifugal gas-separator (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2017, no. 12, pp. 57–62.7. Ageev Sh.R., Berman A.V., Oborudovanie dlya dobychi nefti s vysokim soderzhaniem svobodnogo gaza i opyt ego ekspluatatsii (Equipment for oil production with a high free gas content and experience of its operation), Collected papers “ESP Workshop 2005”, 2010, no. 1, pp. 1–10, https://www.novometgroup.com/science_files/512810572005.pdf