Bazhenov formation is one of the most discussable subject of geological studies in the Western Siberia basin. However, recent high-tech core analysis and new methodological technique of knowledge integration allowed to distinguish this Jurassic organic-rich source-rock formation as a new stratigraphic-geochemical unit. This type of sours rocks has 2 basic features: organic matter content less then 2.5% and only marine environment of deposition. The main idea of such classification is the attempt to determine source rock by reservoir type. The organic-rich source rock is triadic. It is mother rock, reservoir rock and seal in the same time and is independent of lithology. The Jurassic organic-rich source-rock formation in the Western Siberia can be classified as a regional reservoir also.
The article describes the methods and techniques for the geological investigation and algorithm of knowledge integration based on the studies of the Western Siberia Jurassic organic-rich source rock. The initial element of the study of the Bazhenov formation is well section. The complex of geochemical, lithological and petrophysical laboratory studies is applied equally to the productive and non-productive intervals of the section. Well sections of The Bazhenov formations are stratified and correlated based on lithology, paleontology, and well logging data. The paleogeomorphological profiles describe the lateral and vertical variability of the Bazhenov layers in valleys, on arches and slopes of paleostructures. The area of distribution of siliceous, phosphate, and carbonate reservoirs is controlled by the sedimentation conditions of each of them, as well as by the degree of maturity, which determines the formation of secondary pores, caverns and cracks. At the low stage of catagenesis siliceous, phosphate, and carbonate layers have low reservoir properties, at the late stages of catagenesis all layers transformed to good reservoirs.
The proposed algorithm of knowledge integration can be applied to other organic-rich source-rock formations with low thickness, complex lithofacies zoning and pore space structure.
1. Brekhuntsov A.M., Nesterov I.I., Oil of bituminous-clay, clint-clay and carbonate-clint-clay rocks (In Russ.), Vestnik TsKR Rosnedra, 2010, no. 6, pp. 3–16.
2. Technically recoverable shale oil and shale gas resources: An assessment of 137 shale formations in 41 countries outside the United States, URL: https://www.eia.gov/analysis/studies/worldshalegas/pdf/overview.pdf
3. Curtis M.E., Cardott B.J., Sondergeld C.H., Raia Ch.S., Development of organic porosity in the Woodford Shale with increasing thermal maturity, International Journal of Coal Geology, 2012, V. 103, pp. 26–31.
4. Kalmykov G.A., Balushkina N.S., Model' neftenasyshchennosti porovogo prostranstva porod bazhenovskoy svity Zapadnoy Sibiri i ee ispol'zovanie dlya otsenki resursnogo potentsiala (Model of oil saturation of the pore space of rocks of the Bazhenov formation in Western Siberia and its use for assessing the resource potential), Moscow: GEOS Publ., 2017, 246 p.
5. Braduchan Yu.V., Gurari F.G., Zakharov V.A. et al., Bazhenovskiy gorizont Zapadnoy Sibiri (Bazhenov horizon of Western Siberia), Moscow: Nauka Publ., 1986, 216 p.
6. Karta razmeshcheniya skopleniy nefti v bazhenovskoy svite na territorii Zapadno-Sibirskoy NGP (Map of the location of oil accumulations in the Bazhenov formation on the territory of the West Siberian oil and gas complex), Moscow: Publ. of Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation, Russian Academy of Sciences, IGiRGI.
7. Kondrat'ev I.K., Ryzhkov V.I., Bondarenko M.T. et al., Vozmozhnost' prognozirovaniya kollektorov bazhenovskoy svity sposobami seysmicheskoy inversii (Possibility of forecasting reservoirs of the Bazhenov formation by seismic inversion methods), EAGE Tumen, Expanded Abstracts, 2013.
8. Kislukhin I.V., Osobennosti geologicheskogo stroeniya i neftegazonosnost' yursko-neokomskikh otlozheniy poluostrova Yamal (Features of the geological structure and oil and gas content of the Jurassic-Neocomian deposits of the Yamal Peninsula): edited by Nesterov I.I., Tyumen: Publ. of TyumSPTU, 2012, 116 p.
9. Nezhdanov A.A., Kulagina S.F., Kornev V.A., Khafizov F.I., Anomalous sections of Bazhenov suite: a view throughfifty years after discovery (In Russ.), Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Neft' i gaz, 2017, no. 6, pp. 34–42, https://doi.org/10.31660/0445-0108-2017-6-34-42-
10. Ryzhkov V.I. Dan'ko D.A., The study of the secondary transformed radiolarians layer in the Bazhenov formation using seismic data (In Russ.), Geofizika, 2016, no. 3, pp. 2–11.
11. Khamidullin R.A. et al., The reservoir properties of the rocks of the bazhenovskaya formation (In Russ.), Vestnik Moskovskogo Universiteta. Ser. 4. Geologiya = Moscow University Geology Bulletin, 2013, no. 5, pp. 57 – 64.
12. Baturin Yu.E., Justification of abolition necessity of the mining operations tax under the development of Bazhenovskiy deposits (In Russ.), Vestnik TsKR Rosnedra, 2010, no. 6, pp. 17–21.
13. Volyanskaya V.V., Methodological aspects of the different-level tectonic modeling (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2018, no. 5, pp. 14-17.
14. Dmitrievskiy A.N., Izbrannye trudy (Selected works), Part 1. Sistemnyy podkhod v geologii: teoreticheskie i prikladnye aspekty (Systems approach in geology: theoretical and applied aspects), Moscow: Nauka Publ., 2008, 454 p.
15. Vasil'ev A.L., Pichkur E.B., Mikhutkin A.A. et al., The study of pore space morphology in kerogen from Bazhenov formation (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2015, no. 10, pp. 28–31.