The design, selection of materials and manufacturing technology of equipment and hydrocarbon pipeline transportation system were always based on traditional regulation requirements for the strength of the system, obtained on the basis of traditional calculations. However, with this approach, it was not possible to avoid significant quantity of pipeline equipment failures on all stages of its life cycle which demanded further development of both existing deterministic calculations and justification of transition to new statistical and probability calculations, allowing to consider such factors as operation period, loading cyclicity, actual stress-strain state, variations in time of elements mechanical characteristics of transport system and possible directional properties. The suggested approaches allowed to reduce existing deterministic safety factors for shell-type and hull structures without decreasing the reliability of the hydrocarbon transport system and obtain significant economic effect. Following optimization of strength margin and evaluation of performance efficiency of functional structures is impossible without expansion of data.
Evaluation of performance efficiency of such complex and heavily loaded structures as plunger pumps was always related to uncertainty due to the presence of big number of structural elements, which are equally responsible for reaching facility’s limit state at load. Such scatter of indices of yield strength of steel 34XN3M, out of which the bodies of plunger pumps are manufactured, can reach 20%. The technology of plunger manufacturing consists of overlaying with subsequent plasma spraying onto the operating surface of plunger of high-strength wear resistance materials. Deterministic approaches for evaluation of strength of such structural elements shall be enhanced with statistical and probability methods. The performed analysis of the chemical composition and mechanical properties of plunger pump parts allowed to perform ranking according to wear rate and the level of changes to physical and mechanical properties in the process of continuous operation and to determine the parts, the wear or changes in load-bearing capacity of which will lead to the failure of the plunger pump.
1. Makhutov N.A. et al., Analysis of stress-strain and limit states in extremely loaded zones of machines and constructions (In Russ.), Chebyshevskiy sbornik, 2017, no. 3(18), pp. 394–416.
2. Neganov D.A., Damage and strength analysis of long-term oil and gas chemical equipment materials (In Russ.), Neftegazovoe delo, 2020, no. 2(18), pp. 105–111.
3. Lanchakov G.A., Zorin E.E., Stepanenko A.I., Lanchakov G.A., Zorin E.E., Stepanenko A.I., Corrosion-mechanical strength and statistics of pipeline failures (In Russ.), Gazovaya promyshlennost', 1991, no. 10, pp. 14–19.
4. Makhutov N.A., Gadelin M.M., Neganov D.A., Risks and safety of power-generating equipment (In Russ.), Elektricheskie stantsii, 2017, no. 2, pp. 2–9.
5. Neganov D.A., Goncharov N.G., Investigation of cast pump bodies defects and development of a repair technology for them (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2016, no. 5, pp. 84–89.6. Zorin E.E., Lanchakov G.A., Stepanenko A.I., Rabotosposobnost' truboprovodov (Pipeline performance), Part 1. Raschetnaya i ekspluatatsionnaya nadezhnost' (Design and operational reliability), Moscow: Nedra-Biznestsentr Publ., 244 p.