The article discusses a new paradigm for the development of the oil and gas complex of Russia, proposed by Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences A.E. Kontorovich in 2020. It was noted that the oil industry is currently facing a number of serious difficulties, such as the depletion of fields, a decrease in the number of discoveries of new fields, ineffective production methods due to the lack of modern innovative technologies, imperfect legislation, licensing of large state-owned enterprises, insufficient proven reserves; and lack of funding. It is shown that there will still be periods of destabilization of the oil market (crises) in the world, and in such conditions a more thought-out policy of Russia in matters of oil and gas production is needed. In this regard, the proposals of A.E. Kontorovich on the need to change the current development paradigm, which consisted in the consistent development of new oil and gas provinces, moving from west to east.
When discussing the new paradigm, we used the experience of the successful oil development in the oldest Russian oil ang gas bearing region - the Republic of Tatarstan. Over the long history of the development of the oil industry in the republic, a vast experience has been accumulated in the exploration and development of oil fields – from small and smallest to giant and supergiant. Approaches for the rational development of various groups and categories of deposits have been found. The most effective methods of prospecting, exploration and additional exploration of oil fields, the most advanced hydrodynamic methods for the development of fields with active and hard-to-recover reserves, including at the late stages of development, have been developed, methods of enhanced oil recovery for various geological and physical conditions have been widely used, including the extraction of residual reserves of long-term exploited deposits. Extensive experience has been accumulated in the development of complex small fields with hard-to-recover oil reserves. It is concluded that the proposed by A.E. Kontorovich, a new paradigm for the development of the oil and gas complex of Russia touches upon topical problems of the industry, requires additional analysis and further development.
1. Kontorovich A.E., Global problems of oil and gas and a new paradigm for the development of the oil and gas complex of Russia (In Russ.), Nauka iz pervykh ruk, 2016, no. 1, pp. 6–17.
2. Shmal' G.I., O novoy paradigme razvitiya neftegazovoy geologii (On a new paradigm for the development of oil and gas geology), Proceedings of International Scientific and Practical Conference, Kazan': Ikhlas Publ., 2020, pp. 3–5.
3. Muslimov R.Kh., O novoy paradigme akademika A.E. Kontorovicha – razvitie neftegazovogo kompleksa Rossii (On the new paradigm of Academician A.E. Kontorovich - development of the oil and gas complex of Russia), Proceedings of International Scientific and Practical Conference, Kazan': Ikhlas Publ., 2020, pp. 5–13.
4. Zakirov S.N., Indrupskiy I.M., Zakirov E.S. et al., Novye printsipy i tekhnologii razrabotki mestorozhdeniy nefti i gaza (The new principles and technologies of oil and gas fields development), Part 2, Moscow - Izhevsk: Publ. of Institute of the computer science, 2009, 484 p.
5. Muslimov R.Kh., Osobennosti razvedki i razrabotki neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy v usloviyakh rynochnoy ekonomiki (Features of the exploration and development of oil fields in a market economy. Tutorial), Kazan': FEN Publ., 2009, 727 p.
6. Shchelkachev V.N., Vazhneyshie printsipy nefterazrabotki (75 let opyta) (The most important principles for the development of oil fields (75 years experience)), Moscow: Neft' i gaz, 2004, 608 p.
7. Muslimov R.Kh., Negativnoe vliyanie protsessa «stareniya» zalezhey na potentsial'nye vozmozhnosti neftedobychi i puti povysheniya effektivnosti razrabotki na pozdney stadii (The negative impact of the process of "aging" of deposits on the potential of oil production and ways to improve the efficiency of development at a later stage), Collected papers “Novye idei v geologii i geokhimii nefti i gaza” (New ideas in the geology and geochemistry of oil and gas), Proceedings of V international conference, Part II, Moscow: Publ. of MSU, 2001.
8. Muslimov R.Kh., Nefteotdacha: proshloe, nastoyashchee, budushchee (optimizatsiya dobychi, maksimizatsiya KIN) (Oil recovery: Past, Present, Future (production optimization, maximization of recovery factor)), Kazan': FEN Publ., 2014, 750 p.
9. Mustafin I.A., Geologo-tekhnologicheskie rezul'taty gidrodinamicheskogo metoda razrabotki mestorozhdeniy nefti v RF na primere supergigantov Romashkino i Samotlor (Geological and technological results of the hydrodynamic method for the development of oil fields in the Russian Federation on the example of the supergiants Romashkino and Samotlor), Kazan: Foliant Publ., 2018, 88 p.
10. Neprimerov. N.N., Sharagin A.G., Vnutrikonturnaya vyrabotki neftyanykh plastov (Internal development of oil reservoirs), Kazan': Publ. of KSU, 1961, 213 p.
11. Yusupova T.N., Petrova L.M., Mukhametshin R.Z. et al., Osobennosti sostava ostatochnoy nefti v zavodnennykh terrigennykh kollektorakh (Peculiarities of residual oil composition in flooded terrigenous reservoirs), Proceedings of International conference “Problemy kompleksnogo osvoeniya trudnoizvlekaemykh zapasov nefti i prirodnykh bitumov (dobycha i pererabotka)” (Problems of integrated development of hard-to-recover oil and natural bitumen reserves (production and processing)), Kazan, 1994.
12. Slavin V.I., Khimich V.F., Geodinamicheskie modeli formirovaniya AVPD i ikh prakticheskoe znachenie (Geodynamic models of abnormal formation pressure formation and their practical significance), In: Izuchenie geologicheskogo razreza i prognozirovanie AVPD (Study of the geological section and forecasting abnormal pressure), Proceedings of VNIGRI, 1987.
13. Muslimov R.Kh., Plotnikova I.N., Modeling the development of oil fields, considering the mature fields reforming and refill by the deep hydrocarbons (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 3, pp. 56–60.
14. Muslimov R.Kh., Osnovnye napravleniya sozdaniya geologicheskikh modeley dlya razvedki i razrabotki zalezhey netraditsionnykh uglevodorodov (The main directions of creating geological models for the exploration and development of deposits of unconventional hydrocarbons), Proceedings of International Scientific and Practical Conference “Modelirovanie geologicheskogo stroeniya i protsessov razrabotki – osnova uspeshnogo osvoeniya neftyanykh i neftegazovykh mestorozhdeniy“ (Modeling the geological structure and development processes is the basis for the successful development of oil and oil and gas fields), 4–5 September 2018, Kazan': Slovo Publ., 2018.15. Tetel'min V.V., Russia needs a new state electrification plan (In Russ.), Moskovskiy komsomolets, 15.10.2020.