The article presents the results of generalizing the scattered data accumulated over a long period of time on hydrogeological stratification, vertical and horizontal zoning, hydrodynamics, geothermy and geochemistry of underground waters of the Yurubcheno-Tokhomskoye oil field. It was found that the hydrogeological features of the study area are determined by the ancient age and uneven salinity of sedimentary cover rocks, the complexity of the tectonic structure and manifestations of trap magmatism, as well as difficult climatic conditions that led to deep freezing of the sedimentary cover and the formation of layer insular permafrost. Numerous hydrogeological complexes of the sedimentary cover are combined into three large hydrogeological formations (suprasalt, salt-bearing and subsalt). The features of each formation are considered in detail. It was revealed that these formations are hydrodynamically isolated from each other, which, along with different lithological-facies and thermobaric conditions, determine their differences, including hydrogeochemical ones. The underground waters of the study area are distinguished by a unique chemical composition, which is characterized by high mineralization and the degree of metamorphism. Salt waters and brines are characterized by a high degree of enrichment in microcomponents. The concentrations of elements such as boron, bromine, lithium, rubidium, strontium, magnesium, silver, gold and many others are many times higher than the established minimum industrial standards, so these waters can be considered as a promising source of hydromineral raw materials. It is shown that all aquifers, in addition to the scientific one, are also of quite definite practical interest related to the development of the region’s oil and gas complex (in particular, issues related to technical and drinking water supply, justification of the choice of water sources for reservoir pressure maintenance systems, utilization of highly mineralized wastewater, determination criteria of oil and gas content, etc.), which in turn determines the need for a more detailed study of the hydrogeological conditions of this territory.
1. Kontorovich A.A., Kontorovich A.E., Krinin V.A. et al., Yurubcheno-Tokhomskaya zone of gas and oil accumu-lation as an important object for concentration of regional investigation and exploration operations in Upper Proterozoic of Lena-Tunguska oil and gas province (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika, 1988, no. 11, pp. 45–55.
2. Mel'nikov N.V., Smirnov E.V., Maslennikov M.A. et al., Geologic prerequisites for increment of the mineral resources base of the Yurubchen-Kuyumba petroleum production center, Russian Geology and Geophysics, 2017, V. 58, no. 3–4, pp. 479–492.
3. Novikov D.A., Trifonov N.S., Hydrogeologic implications of industrial effluent disposal of the Yurubcheno-Tokhomo field (Siberian Craton, Russia), Arabian Journal of Geosciences, 2016, V. 9, no. 1, pp. 1–14.
4. Alekseev S.V., Alekseeva L.P., Gladkov A.S. et al., Deep-seated brines of the kimberlite pipe Udachnaya (In Russ.), Geodinamika i tektonofizika, 2018, no. 9(4), pp. 1235–1253.
5. Kontorovich A.E., Izosimova A.N., Kontorovich A.A. et al., Geological structure and conditions of the for-mation of the the Yurubcheno-Tokhoma zone of oil and gas accumulation in the Upper Proterozoic of the Sibe-rian platform (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika, 1996, no. 8 (37), pp. 166–195.
6. Mel'nikov N.V., Isaev A.V., Seismogeological models and perspective oil and gas objects of the Vendian com-plex in the Baikit oil and gas region (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika, 2004, no. 1(45), pp. 134–143.
7. Shemin G.G., Geologiya i perspektivy neftegazonosnosti venda i nizhnego kembriya tsentral'nykh rayonov Sibirskoy platformy (Nepsko-Botuobinskaya, Baykitskaya anteklizy i Katangskaya sedlovina) (Geology and oil and gas potential Vendian and Lower Cambrian deposits of central regions of the Siberian Platform (Nepa-Botuoba, Baikit anteclise and Katanga saddle)): edited by Kashirtsev V.A., Novosibirsk: Publ. of SB RAS, 2007, 467 p.
8. Kiryukhin V.A., Regional'naya gidrogeologiya (Regional hydrogeology), St. Petersburg: Publ. of St. Peters-burg State Mining Institute (Technical University), 2005, 344 p.
9. Bukaty M.B., Groundwater geology of the Western Siberian craton (implications for petroleum exploration) (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika = Russian Geology and Geophysics, 2009, V. 50, no. 11, pp. 1201–1217.
10. Vozhov V.I., Podzemnye vody i gidromineral'noe syr'e Leno-Tungusskoy neftegazonosnoy provintsii (Groundwater and hydromineral raw materials of Leno-Tunguska oil and gas province), Novosibirsk: Publ. of SNIIGGiMS, 2006, 209 p.
11. Litvinova I.V., Surnin A.I., Geothermal field of the sedimentary cover in the Lena-Tunguska Petroleum Province (In Russ.), Neftegazovaya geologiya, 2016, no. 2(26), pp. 41–49.12. Vakhromeev A.G., Fields of industrial multicomponent brines of Siberian platform hydromineral province deep horizons (In Russ.), Vestnik IrGTU = Proceedings of Irkutsk State Technical University, 2014, no. 9(92), pp. 73–78.