Non-seismic methods are one of the strategic directions for the development of geological exploration that can improve the quality of assessment of the prospects for oil and gas potential of the studied territories. On the territory of Eastern Siberia, within the perimeter of the Gazprom Neft Company, transient electromagnetic method (TEM) is one of the main non-seismic methods in planning, conducting an exploration program and forming a geological and geophysical base for subsequent decision-making on the placement of exploration wells and additional exploration of fields.
The article raises the problem of decision-making practice of TEM survey application that is based on science reasoning and allows to do a rapid estimation of TEM method possibilities in different geological areas. The practice of assessing the perimeter of replicating the technology of electrical prospecting works in TEM is based on the implementation of synthetic signal modeling. Within the framework of the work, the main parameters and numerical limits were determined, which allow at the preliminary stage to assess the expected efficiency of the application of the TEM technology in the geological exploration complex. The outcome of this investigation is a matrix of TEM application. The real examples of TEM application for exploration planning and the whole estimation cycle of TEM value and applicability are considered. The value of using this approach is the ranking of a set of prospecting zones located in different regions of the Gazprom Neft presence, according to the effectiveness of the use of TEM technology in the geological exploration complex. In total, within the framework of the work, the possibilities of using electrical prospecting at nine objects in Eastern and Western Siberia, Volga-Ural and Tomsk region were assessed.
1. Grigor'ev G.S., Zakharova O.A., Lyubimov E.V. et al., Non-seismic methods development at Gazprom Neft (In Russ.), SPE-191670-18RPTC-MS, 2018, https://doi.org/10.2118/191670-18RPTC-MS.
2. Pospeev A.V., Buddo I.V., Agafonov Yu.A. et al., Sovremennaya prakticheskaya elektrorazvedka (Modern practical electrical exploration), Novosibirsk: Geo Publ., 2018, 231 p.
3. Oshmarin R.A., Ostankov A.V., Kompaniets S.V., Tokareva O.V., Capabilities and limitations of electromagnetic techniques in Eastern Siberia (In Russ.),
SPE-182082-MS, 2016, https://doi.org/10.2118/182082-MS
4. Mostovoy P.Ya., Oshmarin R.A., Ostankov A.V. et al., Seismic and electromagnetic methods integration to increase a quality of reservoir properties and saturation prediction in East Siberia region (In Russ.), SPE-191673-18RPTC-MS, 2018, https://doi.org/10.2118/191673-18RPTC-MS.
5. Zimin S., Burdakov D., Sibilev V. et al., Water injection design: Ink carbonate field example, Proceedings of EAGE Conference “GeoBaikal 2018”, 2018, DOI: 10.3997/2214-4609.201802026.
6. Kubyshta I.V., Pavlovskiy Yu.V., Kompaniets S.V. et al., Multifunctional (integrated) approach of 3D seismic and high-density electro-prospecting data interpretation to increase well success in Eastern Siberia region (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2014, no. 12, pp. 2–5.
7. Vorobev V., Safarov I., Mostovoy P. et al., Best practices of exploration: Integration of seismic and electrical prospecting, SPE-196138-MS, 2019, https://doi.org/10.2118/196138-MS
8. Tokareva O., Gomulisky V., Shobohonova Z. et al., Opportunities to predict of the saturation of the Neocomian sediments (layers of BU15-20) of the Srednemossoyakhsky megaswell according to the data of electromagnetic researches of the TEM, EAGE Conference Proceedings, Tyumen, 2019, pp. 1–5, https://doi.org/10.3997/2214-4609.2019005759. Agafonov Y., Buddo I., Tokareva O. et al., Application of transient electromagnetic method (TEM) technique in South-East Asia: Case studies from onshore Sarawak and North Sumatra, Bulletin of the Geological Society of Malaysia, 2018, V. 66, no. 1, pp. 1–5, DOI: 10.7186/bgsm66201801.