The aim of this article is to justify the field of rational application of drag reducing additives (DRA) – DR technology and substantiation of the methodology for optimizing the technological modes of operation of the main oil pipeline taking into account the properties of the DRA in terms of energy and economic efficiency of the pumping process. A methodology for evaluating the effectiveness of the use of pumping technology with DRA, based on the fundamental principles of a methodology for quantifying the effectiveness of oil transportation, is proposed. The efficiency criterion is the ratio of the calculated pumping parameters to the actual values recorded by the standard means of the Dispatch Control and Pipeline Management System, which allows real-time identification of the components of the efficiency factor of the technological section of the main pipeline. Monitoring the components of the efficiency factor of the technological section of the main pipeline allows to identify reserves for reducing energy consumption in the main transport of oil and oil products, as well as to compare the performance indicators of various production facilities of Transneft with each other, taking into account the whole variety of design decisions of the technological section of the main pipeline: looping, inserts, discharges and pumping, tees, valves, etc. In the framework of the proposed performance criterion, the features of the technology of using DRA to shut off part of pumping units in order to save energy resources and to temporarily increase the pumping capacity in excess of the capacity of the existing oil pipeline are considered. It is shown that the cost of the agent for reducing hydraulic resistance (5-12 USD/kg) is a significant limiting factor for the widespread use of DR technology, which limits the appropriate concentration of additives to 10 ppm in terms of reducing operating costs for pumping (specific energy consumption and costs on DRA).
1. Revel'-Muroz P.A., Razrabotka metodov povysheniya energoeffektivnosti nefteprovodnogo transporta s vnedreniem kompleksa energosberegayushchikh tekhnologiy (Development of methods for improving the energy efficiency of oil pipeline transport with the introduction of a range of energy-saving technologies): thesis of candidate of technical science, Ufa, 2018.
2. Gol'yanov A.I., Gol'yanov A.A., Kutukov S.E., Review of main pipelines energy efficiency estimation methods (In Russ.), Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov, 2017, no. 4 (110), pp. 156–170.
3. Gol'yanov A.I., Gol'yanov A.A., Mikhaylov D.A. et al., Trunk oil pipeline work specifics with anti-turbulent additive application (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2013, no. 2, pp. 36–43.
4. Gol'yanov A.I., Zholobov V.V., Nesyn G.V. et al., Decrease in hydrodynamic resistance during the flow of hydrocarbon fluids in pipes by anti-turbulent additives. Scientific review of the historical background (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2012, no. 2(6), pp. 80–87.
5. Revel'-Muroz P.A. et al., Assessing the hydraulic efficiency of oil pipelines according to the monitoring of process operation conditions (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2019, V. 9, no. 1, pp. 9-19.
6. Kutukov S.E., Fridlyand Ya.M., Kriteriy energoeffektivnosti ekspluatatsii magistral'nogo nefteprovoda (Energy efficiency criterion for the operation of a main oil pipeline), Proceedings of V International Scientific and Practical Conference dedicated to the 20th anniversary of KAZTRANSOIL JSC, 2017, 42 p.
7. Nesyn G.V., Sunagatullin R.Z., Shibaev V.P., Malkin A.Y., Drag reduction in transportation of hydrocarbon liquids: from fundamentals to engineering applications, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 2018, V. 161, pp. 715–725.
8. Little R.C., Hansen R.J., Hunston D.L. et al., The drag reduction phenomenon. Observed characteristics, improved agents, proposed mechanisms, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Fundamentals, 1975, V. 14(4), pp. 283–296.
9. Kühnen J., Song B., Scarselli D. et al., Destabilizing turbulence in pipe flow, Nature Physics, 2018, V. 14(4), pp. 13–16, DOI: 10.1038/s41567-017-0018-3/
10. Valiev M.A., Kutukov S.E., Shabanov V.A., Analysis of the use of electricity in the solution of technological problems of oil pump (In Russ.), Neftegazovoe delo, 2003, no. 1, URL: http://ogbus.ru/article/view/analiz-ispolzovaniya-elektroenergii-pri-reshenii-texnologicheskix-zadac....
11. Prozorova I.V. et al., Ultrasonic processing of oils to improve viscosity-temperature characteristics (In Russ.), Neftepererabotka i neftekhimiya, 2012, no. 2, pp. 3–6.
12. Bayazitova S.R., Study of the influence of electromagnetic radiation on the rheological properties of oil (In Russ.), Mezhdunarodnyy nauchno-issledovatel'skiy zhurnal, 2017, no. 08 (62), pp. 13–16, URL: https://research-journal.org/technical/issledovanie-vliyaniya-elektromagnitnogo-izlucheniya-na-reolo...
13. Tsao Bo, Issledovanie vozdeystviya mikrovolnovogo izlucheniya na svoystva vysokovyazkikh neftey s tsel'yu povysheniya effektivnosti ikh transportirovki (Study of the effect of microwave radiation on the properties of high viscosity oils in order to increase the efficiency of their transportation): thesis of candidate of technical science, Moscow, 2017, 124 p.
14. Loskutova Yu.V., Yudina N.V., Effect of constant magnetic field on the rheological properties of high-paraffinicity oils (In Russ.), Kolloidnyy zhurnal = Colloid Journal, 2003, no. 4, pp. 510–515.
15. Torshin V.V., Pashchenko F.F., Busygin B.N., Fizicheskie protsessy v zhidkosti pod vozdeystviem elektricheskogo razryada (Physical processes in a liquid under the influence of an electric discharge), Moscow: Publ. of Karpov E.V., 2005, 122 p.
16. Grisha B.G. et al., Comparative evaluation of the "hot" batching efficiency (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2018, V. 8, no. 6, pp. 642–649.17. Brot R.A., Kutukov S.E., Determination of rheophysical parameters of gas-saturated oil (In Russ.), Elektronnyy nauchnyy zhurnal Neftegazovoe delo, 2005, no. 2, URL: http://ogbus.ru/files/ogbus/authors/Brot/Brot_1.pdf