Exploitation of hydrocarbon fields is characterized by water content increase in the extracted products over the development time. The increase in water cut of the extracted products complicates the operation of field pipelines. The transported products of field are stratified into phases under the influence of low flow rates in pipeline, differences in densities of phase, changes in thermobaric conditions. This leads to the formation of stagnant zones along the pipeline, which intensifies the rate of corrosion processes, causes a decrease in the flow section of pipelines and increases energy consumption for transportation.
The article is devoted to improvement of algorithms for predicting characteristics of the mode of operation of field pipelines in conditions of risk of formation water accumulations. Approach allows for a cost-justify the choice of the optimal period between two cleanings of field pipelines with characteristics of the pipeline section, its profile, and mode of operation, dynamics of formation of water clusters and their impact on pressure losses and the costs of cleaning operation of pipeline. In developing the new approach, the main parameters affecting on formation of water clusters have been identified. Using a dynamic hydraulic simulator, multivariate simulation for selected parameters is performed. On the basis of the array of data obtained, a simplified mathematical model of the process of formation of water clusters in field pipelines is formed. Model allows predicting the volume of water clusters and pressure losses in the pipeline without use of a resource-intensive simulator for dynamic hydraulic modeling. Results of proposed approach for determining the inter-treatment period have been presented by examples in comparison with the previously applied criterion, which took into account only the increase in pressure losses in pipeline.
1. Charnyy I.A., The effect of terrain and fixed inclusions of liquid or gas on the throughput of pipelines (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 1965, no. 6, pp. 51–55.
2. Al-Wahaibi T., Angeli P., Predictive model for critical wave amplitude at the onset of entrainment in oil-water flow, Multiphase Production Technology, 2005, no. 12, pp. 627–641.
3. Xu Guang-li et al., Trapped water displacement from low sections of oil pipelines, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 2011, V. 37, no. 1, pp. 1-11.
4. Kasperovich V.K., Eksperimental'nye issledovaniya udaleniya vody i vozdukha iz nefteproduktoprovodov (Experimental studies of the removal of water and air from oil pipelines): thesis of candidate of technical science, 1965.
5. Gallyamov A.K., Baykov I.R., Aminev R.M., Estimation of the rate of removal of fluid accumulations from lower sections of pipeline systems (In Russ.), Izvestiya vuzov. Neft' i gaz, 1969, no. 12, pp. 73-76.
6. Potapenko E.S., Eksperimental'noe issledovanie usloviy vynosa zhidkostnykh skopleniy iz vnutrenney polosti gazoprovoda (An experimental study of the conditions for the removal of liquid accumulations from the internal cavity of a gas pipeline): thesis of candidate of technical science, Moscow, 2014.
7. Lur'e M.V., Removal of water accumulations from the pipeline with the help of the pumped oil flow (In Russ.), Nauka i tekhnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov, 2017, no. 1(28), pp. 62–68.
8. Korshak A.A., About removal of water clusters by pumping liquid flow (In Russ.), Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov, 2018, no. 6(116), pp. 90–98.
9. Belt R., Djoric B., Kalal S., Comparison of commercial multiphase flow simulators with experimental and field databases, Proceedings of 15th International Conference on Multiphase Production Technology, 2011, pp. 413–427.
10. Arzhilovskiy A.V., Alferov A.V., Valiakhmetov R.I., Danileyko E.B., The concept of a system for monitoring the reliability and operation of pipelines (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2018, no. 9, pp. 128-132.