The paper presents factors that reflect drilling effectiveness such as non-productive time of well construction and time spent on mechanical drilling and scheduled round trips. Non-productive well construction time for directional drilling at a field usually accounts for 3.2 % of the total construction time. The time spent on mechanical drilling and scheduled round trips using rotary steerable systems, depending on the interval subjected for drilling, is reduced. That increases the average mechanical drilling speed by 8–40 %, which allows drilling wells ahead of the planned schedule by 7 days or more. The shortcomings of the existing Russian and foreign analogues of rotary steerable systems are identified. They are caused by incomplete design, low accuracy and imperfect technologies. The design of the bit shaft drive was improved in the developed drilling tool control system through the use of three electric drives with feedback sensors controlled by the electronic module. In order to improve bit positioning accuracy in rotary steerable systems, the design of a drilling tool control system is proposed. The design includes a module for determining spatial position based on a geostationary system and fiber-optic gyroscopes with a closed loop. The drilling tool control system has a modular type, which allows it to be included in various drill string assembly. The prototype of the module for determining the spatial position of the drilling tool control system is studied. During the studies the module was deviated at different angles; the software simulated well deepening, zenith and azimuth angles were measured. The results of studies showed that the absolute measurement errors of azimuth and zenith angles do not exceed 0.5 %.
1. Baldenko D.F., Vervekin A.V., Plotnikov V.M., Ways to further improvement of well drilling by downhole drilling motors (In Russ.), Vestnik Permskogo natsional'nogo issledovatel'skogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Geologiya. Neftegazovoe i gornoe delo = Perm Journal of Petroleum and Mining Engineering, 2016, no. 19, pp. 165–174, DOI: 10.15593/2224-9923/2016.19.7
2. Zaikin I.P., Pankov M.V., Ismailov N.A., Pushkarev S.V., Rotary controllable system PowerDrive and well log survey system PeriScope operation in horizontal well drilling (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2009, no. 11, pp. 68 –70.
3. Nikolaev N.I., Kozhevnikov E.V., Enhancing the cementing quality of the well with horizontal profile (In Russ.), Vestnik Permskogo natsional'nogo issledovatel'skogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Geologiya. Neftegazovoe i gornoe delo = Perm Journal of Petroleum and Mining Engineering, 2014, no. 11, pp. 29–36, DOI: 10.15593/2224-9923/2014.11.3
4. Nutskova M.V., Rudyaeva E.Yu., The effect of water-swellable polymer on well drilling with mud loss (In Russ.), Vestnik Permskogo natsionalʹnogo issledovatelʹskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Geologiya. Neftegazovoe i gornoe delo. = Perm Journal of Petroleum and Mining Engineering, 2018, no. 2, pp. 104–114, DOI: 10.15593/2224-9923/2018.2.1.
5. Patent no. 6158529 USA, Rotary steerable well drilling system utilizing sliding sleeve, Inventor: Dorel A.P.
6. Patent no. 2618535 RF, Method for rotational controlled drilling assembly control with channels with varying fluid flow, Inventors: Uinslou D., Deolalikar N.
7. Patent no. WO2013122603A1, Directional drilling systems, Inventors: Smith R.C., Kanji K.N.
8. Patent no. 2123108 RF, Method of controlling directed drilling of slant wells and device for its embodiment, Inventors: Litvinenko V.S., Kudrjashov B.B., Petrov O.M., Rubinraut A.M.
9. Patent no. 2192535 RF, Hinged sub, Inventors: Baldenko D.F., Vlasov A.V., Mutovkin N.F., Povalikhin A.S., Strel'tsov N.A.
10. Patent no. 2612403 RF, Device for hydromechanical control of directional rotary drilling.
11. Rusinov D.YU., Turbakov M.S., Kunitskikh A.A., Krysin N.I., Study of the reliability of the drilling control system''s deflection unit (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2017, no. 12, pp. 98–101.
12. Krivoshchekov S.N., Melekhin A.A., Turbakov M.S. et al., Development of a telemetric system for monitoring downhole parameters in the course of wells construction (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2017, no. 9, pp. 86-88, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2017-9-86-88.
13. Krivoshchekov S.N., Turbakov M.S., Melekhin A.A. et al., Increase in accuracy of well position in space measurements by the telemetry system (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2017, no. 12, pp. 102–104, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2017-12-102-104.
14. Krysin N.I., Krivoshchekov S.N., Turbakov M.S. et al., Modelling of the well path control process in the telemetry system (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2017, no. 12, pp. 105–107.
15. Kychkin A.V., Volodin V.D., Sharonov A.A. et al., The synthesis of the hardware and software system structure for remote monitoring and control of the wellbore trajectory while drilling by rotary steerable system (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2016, no. 11, pp. 128-132.