Unconventional hydrocarbons include resources located in complex geological conditions in "unconventional" traps that require the use of new methods of exploration, production, processing and transportation. The separation of Domanic deposits as an oil source suite and lithological and formational features of the section makes it possible to consider them as a target for the search for unconventional hydrocarbon accumulations.
On the territory of the Volga-Ural oil and gas province Domanic deposits are widely developed as part of the Upper Devonian-Tournaisian sedimentary complex. They are characterized by large lithological-facies diversity; they are associated with various traps of hydrocarbons, both traditional and non-traditional. Domanicoid sediments of Buzuluk petroleum region have been studied very unevenly by drilling. Domanic facies were opened by drilling under the study of more ancient Devonian horizons. In the region Middle Frasnian-Tournaisian deposits of Domanic type are the most drilled out within the territory of traditional terrigenous Devonian deposits. In the rest of the territory, drilling knowledge is significantly lower. Troitskoye field is the first oil field in domanicoid sediments in Orenburg region placed on the state balance. The development of hydrocarbon deposits of Domanic type is hitherto not possible. Of particular interest is the study of fractured low-permeability reservoirs, which include Domanic deposits. The use of CDP 2D seismic survey with the use of innovative methods will help to solve the issues of proper understanding of the basic problems of formation, migration and accumulation of oil and search for movable hydrocarbons directly in Dominic sediments.
1. Zaydel'son M.I., Vaynbaum S.Ya., Koprova N.A. et al., Formirovanie i neftegazonosnost' domanikoidnykh formatsiy (Formation and oil and gas potential of Domanis rocks), Moscow: Nauka Publ., 1990, 79 p.
2. Kiryukhina T.A., Fadeeva N.P., Stupakova A.V. et al., Domanik deposits of Timano-Pechora and Volga-Ural basins (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza = The journal Oil and Gas Geology, 2013, no. 3, pp. 76-87.
3. Neftegazoobrazovanie v otlozheniyakh domanikovogo tipa (Oil and gas formation in the Domanik deposits), edited by Neruchev S.G., Leningrad: Nedra Publ., 1986, 247 s.
4. Prishchepa O.M., Integrated method of oil and gas quantitative evaluation in petroleum accumulation zones (In Russ.), Neftegazovaya geologiya. Teoriya i praktika, 2011, V. 6, no. 4, URL: http://www.ngtp.ru/rub/6/44_2011.pdf
5. Navrotskiy A.O. et al., Geologicheskiy otchet o rezul'tatakh rabot, vypolnennykh po ob"ektu “Seysmorazvedochnye raboty na domanikoidnye otlozheniya Buzulukskoy vpadiny” (Geological report on the results of works on the object "Seismic exploration of the Domanicoid deposits of the Buzulukskaya depression"), Moscow: Publ. of Moscow branch of Rosgeolfond,
VNIIGeosistem, 2016, 4648 p.
6. Chirkin I.A., Izuchenie ob"emnoy struktury treshchinovatosti neftenasyshchennykh otlozheniy na Severo-Dem'yanskom neftyanom mestorozhdenii Tyumenskoy oblasti metodom seysmolokatsii bokovogo obzora (Study of the volume structure of fracturing of oil-saturated sediments in the North-Demyansk oil field of the Tyumen region using side-seismic seismology), Moscow, 1999: Publ. of Rosgeolfond, 36 p.
7. Chirkin I.A., Zhukov A.S., Volkov A.V., Opredelenie treshchinovatosti produktivnykh tolshch rifeya metodom SLBO na vostoke-severo-vostoke Kuyumbinskogo i severo-severo-zapade Tersko-Kamovskogo litsenzionnykh uchastkov (metodicheskoe soprovozhdenie polevykh rabot, obrabotka i interpretatsiya materialov) (Fracture determination of the Riphean productive strata by the side-seismic seismology method in the east-northeast of Kuyumbinsky and north-north-west of the Terek-Kamovsky license areas (methodological support of field work, processing and interpretation of materials)), Moscow, 2007: Publ. of Rosgeolfond, 153 p.