The Joint Venture “Vietsovpetro” carry out exploration works in offshore of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and also develop deposits in Blocks 09-1, 09-3/12, 09-3 and 04-3. For more than 45-years period of Vietsovpetro’s activity and due to the cooperation of Russian and Vietnamese specialists, many promising (potential) geological structures were discovered within the Blocks.
The largest and most famous oilfields, such as the White Tiger and the Dragon, have been in development for more than 35 years. Taking into account the fact, that the oilfields are located in the shelf area, the exploration works are complicated by the lack of data concerning reserve properties, so for the purposes of studying geological features and petroleum potential there is a need to use the different methods for evaluation of reserve properties uncertainties. In different periods the deterministic (numerically-analytical) and probabilistic-statistical methods were used as for the evaluation of petroleum potential of the White Tiger oilfield and also for reserve engineering.
This article presents the results of reserve properties evaluation for terrigenous deposits at various stages of exploration and reserve engineering works (the White Tiger oilfield was taken as an example). It was made a comparison of generalized information about the study of reserve properties of the deposits which had been discovered in the oilfield during the periods 1980-2000 and 2000-2017. Established for those periods the parameters for reservoir properties evaluation were widely used to evaluate the deposits of Blocks 09-1 and 09-3, as well as during exploration activities in Blocks 09-3/12 and 04-3. From the year of 2005 the results of reserve properties uncertainties evaluation are being realized by using the Monte Carlo method for reserves calculation. The article presents the description of the algorithm and the results of the method used for the White Tiger oilfield deposits evaluation. Based on the presented material, it was made a conclusion about the quality of the obtained data concerning the reservoir producing quality at various periods of studying the White Tiger oilfield.
1. Gabrielyants G.A., Poroskun V.I., Sorokin Yu.V., Metodika poiskov i razvedki zalezhey nefti i gaza (The method of prospecting and exploration of oil and gas deposits), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1985, 304 p.
2. Zhdanov M.A., Neftegazopromyslovaya geologiya i podschet zapasov nefti i gaza (Oil and gas field geology and the calculation of oil and gas reserves), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1981, 453 p.
3. Borisenko Z.G., Metodika geometrizatsii rezervuarov i zalezhey nefti i gaza (The method of geometrization of reservoirs and oil and gas deposits), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1980, 206 p.
4. Dakhnov V.N., Interpretatsiya rezul'tatov geofizicheskikh issledovaniy razrezov skvazhin (Interpretation of the results of geophysical investigations of well sections), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1980, 310 p.
5. Gutman I.S., Metody podscheta zapasov nefti i gaza (Methods of calculating oil and gas reserves), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1985, 224 p.
6. Ivanova M.M., Dement'ev L.F., Cholovskiy I.P., Neftegazopromyslovaya geologiya i geologicheskie osnovy razrabotki mestorozhdeniy nefti i gaza (Oil and gas field geology and geological bases of oil and gas fields development), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1985, 422 p.
7. Bragin Yu.I., Vagin S.B., Gutman I.S., Cholovskiy I.P., Neftegazopromyslovaya geologiya i gidrogeologiya zalezhey uglevodorodov (Oil and gas field geology and hydrogeology of hydrocarbon deposits), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 2004, 399 p.