The article is concerned with methods of stimulating production by the injection of chemically active components (binary mixture) into the bottomhole zone of the high viscos oil reservoir. The method is about injected chemical reagents reaction into the well, resulting in gas and heat emission after decay. Consequently, the bottomhole formation zone is heated, the oil viscosity reduces, a clogging of bottomhole zone disappears, waxes are washed out and the natural fracturing of the carbonate reservoirs increases.
In distinction from widely used steam well treatment, the heat loss in downhole and surface equipment is negligible, due to direct bottomhole heating by binary mixture. Unlike classic thermal gas chemical methods conducted into the well bore, binary mixture treatment is directly initiated in reservoir. As a result, a larger reservoir’s volume will be heated.
Mathematical model filtration of chemical reagent mixture was proposed. Numerical solution of equations set based on IMPES (implicit pressure, explicit saturation) method. The simple iteration method was used for non-linear terms calculation. Binary mixture treatment of vertical well was considered. Estimation of the additional oil production, which obtained as a result of borehole formation heating and oil viscosity reducing, is made. Calculations are carried out for various formation permeability, well water cutting and oil viscosity. The proposed concept of calculation, graphs and result charts can be used to approximate estimation of the effect of binary mixture treatment and searching suitable wells for these treatments.
1. Makarevich V.N., Iskritskaya N.I., Bogoslovskiy S.A., Resource potential of heavy oil fields in European Russia (In Russ.), Neftegazovaya geologiya. Teoriya i praktika, 2012, V. 7, no. 3, pp. 1–16
2. Ruzin L.M., Razrabotka neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy s primeneniem teplovogo vozdeystviya na plast (Oil and gas deposits development with thermal influence on a layer), Ukhta: Publ. of USTU, 2009, 39 p.
3. Khaliulin R., Litus D., Khar'kovskiy A. et al., Integrated thermodynamic reservoir-to-surface modeling: The modern tool for optimizing the cycling steam stimulation heavy oil recovery process (In Russ.), SPE 187688-RU, 2017.
4. Maksutov R.A., Orlov G.I., Osipov A.V., Techno-technological complexes for development of high-viscosity oils and natural bitumens reserves (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2007, no. 2, pp. 34–37.
5. Volkov K.A., Milovzorov G.V., Volkov A.Ya. et al., Thermocyclic technology of stimulation on the formation using downhole electrical heaters (In Russ.), Neftegazovoe delo, 2012, no. 6, pp. 204–211
6. Ruzin L.M., Kombinirovannye tekhnologii razrabotki zalezhey vysokovyazkikh neftey (Combined technologies for the development of high-viscosity oil deposits), Collected Papers “Problemy razrabotki i ekspluatatsii mestorozhdeniy vysokovyazkikh neftey i bitumov” (Problems of development and operation of high-viscosity oil and bitumen deposits): edited by Tskhadaya N.D., Proceedings of mezhregional'noy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii, 12–13 November 2009, Ukhta: Publ. of USTU, 2010, pp. 7–18.
7. Vershinin V.E., Vershinin M.V., Zavolzhskiy V.B. et al., Kinetics of chemical reactions at thermogaschemical impact on a bottomhole zone of wells water solutions of binary mixes (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2016, no. 12, pp. 114–117.
8. Aleksandrov E.N., Aleksandrov P.E., Kuznetsov N.M. et al., The high-temperature reaction regime of binary mixtures and enhancement of oil recovery from water-flooded fields (In Russ.), Neftekhimiya = Petroleum Chemistry, 2013, V. 53, no. 4, pp. 312–320.
9. Patent no. 2525386 RF, Thermal gas chemical composition and its application for well bottom and remote zones of productive stratum, Inventors: Zavolzhskiy V.B., Burko V.A., Idiyatullin A.R. et al.
10. Aleksandrov E.N., Kuznetsov N.M., Kozlov S.N. et al., Production of hard-to-recover and non-recoverable oil reserves by means of binary mixtures technology (In Russ.), Part 1, Georesursy = Georesources, 2016, V. 18, no. 3, pp. 154–159.
11. Aleksandrov E.N., Kuznetsov N.M., Large-scale heating of an oil-bearing formation and liquid hydrocarbon production mode optimization (In Russ.), Karotazhnik, 2007, no. 4, pp. 113–127.
12. Varavva A.I. Vershinin V.E., Idiyatullin R.A., Kinetics of a binary mixture decomposition in relationto the effects on oil reservoir (In Russ.), Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Neft' i gaz, 2017, no. 6, pp. 67–72.
13. Varavva A.I. Tatosov A.V., Model of feeding binary mixture in layer (In Russ.), Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy vestnik Povolzh'ya, 2017, no. 4, pp. 195–200.
14. Varavva A.I. Vershinin V.E., Numerical modeling of thermal effects in well processing by solvent binary mixtures (In Russ.), Neftegazovoe delo, 2017, no. 6, pp. 20–34.
15. Vershinin V., Fedorov K., Lishchuk A., Mechanisms of thermal-pressure induced impact of binary mixture reaction near wellbore (In Russ.), SPE 182048-RU, 2016.