Improved oil recovery during 70-90s in multilayer oil fields with multiple completion wells resulted in very poor sweep efficiencies and forced unfavorable fluid withdrawal conditions. At present, development of mature multilayered fields in Udmurtneft OJSC is carried on with multiple completion wells to produce oil from low-permeable and non-commercial reservoirs. In this case under the noted unfavorable conditions the most effective oil reservoir development is cyclic waterflooding (injection) based on pressure gradient across layer due to time-periodic water injection. Traditionally, the optimal mode of cyclic injection is obtained by detailed reservoir simulation that, on the first hand, depends on discretization parameters and history-matching quality and, on the other hand, requires significant time efforts. That’s why we propose rapid assessment method to find optimal cycle period. The method is based on the reduced-order model for two-phase displacement. The governing system of equation for the model is solved numerically and implemented as a software tool that is usable for the reservoir engineers without experienced simulation specialist involvement. In addition, we consider candidate well selection for cyclic injection and identification of cyclic injection mode based on daily rate reports. The authors developed and tested their own algorithm to recognize cyclic injection mode. Consequently, the work is devoted to integrated cyclic waterflooding management. Two-layer reservoir model is used to sel ect optimal cycle period. Cyclic injection mode identification algorithm is developed that uses daily rate reports. We propose an approach to estimate efficiency of existent cyclic waterflooding. All the results were successfully tested on real data obtained fr om oil fields of Udmurtneft company.
1. Ibragimov N.G., Khisamutdinov N.I., Taziyev M.Z. et al., Sovremennoye sostoyaniye tekhnologiy nestatsionarnogo (tsiklicheskogo) zavodneniya produktivnykh plastov i zadachi ikh sovershenstvovaniya (The current state of unsteady (cyclic) flooding technology and problems of their improving), Moscow: Publ. of VNIIOENG, 2000, 112 p.
2. RD 39-3-507-80, Rukovodstvo po vyravnivaniyu fronta nagnetayemoy vody i regulirovaniyu vyrabotki plastov za schet primeneniya tsiklicheskogo zavodneniya i peremeny napravleniya fil’tratsionnykh potokov (Guidelines for alignment of the front of the injected water and regulating the production of reserves using a cyclic waterflood and reversing the direction of the filtration streams), 1980.
3. Tsinkova O.E., Myasnikova H.A., Nestatsionarnoye gidrodinamicheskoye vozdeystviye na neftyanyye plasty (Nonstationary hydrodynamic effects on oil reservoirs), Osobennosti razrabotki slozhnopostroyennykh zalezhey nefti (Features of the development of complex oil deposits), Proceedings of VNII, 1986, V. 94, pp. 53–64.
4. Sharbatova I.N., Surguchev M.L., Tsiklicheskoye vozdeystviye na neodnorodnyye neftyanyye plasty (Cyclical effects on heterogeneous oil layers), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1988, 121 p.
5. Tsepelev V.P., Nasyrov V.A., Kachurin S.I., Analysis of the effectiveness of the use of non-stationary waterflooding at the fields of Udmurtneft OAO (In Russ.), Territoriya “NEFTEGAZ”, 2011, no. 4, pp. 30–34.
6. Cycle detection, URL: https://en.wikipedia.org.
7. Sidel’nikov K.A., Automated search of injection wells with cyclic change of injection according to dayly data (In Russ.), Avtomatizatsiya, telemekhanizatsiya i svyaz’ v neftyanoy promyshlennosti, 2016, no. 3, pp. 30–34.
8. Arsenevskiy I.S., Proxy-model of building of wells drainage zones to correct prediction of production and estimation of residual extractable resources by wells (In Russ.), Avtomatizatsiya, telemekhanizatsiya i svyaz’ v neftyanoy promyshlennosti, 2016, no. 6, pp. 32–38.
9. Baykov V.A., Rabtsevich C.A., Kostrigin I.V., Sergeychev A.V., Monitoring of field development using a hierarchy of models in software package RN-KIN (In Russ.), Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy vestnik OAO «NK «Rosneft’», 2014, no. 2, pp. 14–17.
10. Potryasov A.A., Mazitov M.R., Nikiforov S.S. et al., Management over oil field flooding process at the basis of proxy modeling (In Russ.), Neft’. Gaz. Novatsii, 2014, no. 12(191), pp. 32–37.