Geophysical research is one of the main sources of oil and gas exploration data. Meanwhile, seismic exploration is the basis for creation of geological and, in particular, geometrical field models, their structural framework. The accuracy and reliability of seismic imaging controls the efficiency of prospecting and exploratory operations in oil and gas industry as a whole. Complication of oil and gas exploration objectives, harder conditions of field development, competitive oil market have placed increased demands to the efficiency of geophysical research.
In view of long-lasting intense field development in the West Siberia, reserves and resource-base additions there are possible mainly through search and discovery of low-relief (10-15 m) and small-size (2-5 km) prospective targets. For reliable detection and study of such targets, the RMS-error of structural imaging should not exceed 5 m. This value is to be considered a currently required level of seismic exploration accuracy. The conventional seismic studies are not capable to provide such high accuracy of the velocity-depth modeling. The most state-of-the-art approach to creation of the velocity-depth models is to perform kinematic inversion of seismic data, which converts seismic wave field parameters to geometric and velocity parameters of the features found in a geological cross-section. At present, there exist different individual solutions, elaborated to one extent or another, and separate kinematic-inversion elements capable to produce the currently required accuracy level of final velocity-depth models, but they do not solve the problem of integration, synergy and coordination between different stages, methods and levels of geophysical research.
It is necessary to develop and apply a specialized integrated technology for acquisition, processing and interpretation of geophysical data, with both technical & methodological aspects of acquiring the initial information and processing & interpretation methodic procedures, as well as methods of parameter and final velocity-depth model accuracy assessment. Further seismic-research efficiency improvement is possible through integration of the available separate solutions into one integrated adaptive technology of seismic data kinematic inversion.
1. Mnogourovnevaya seysmorazvedka i kinematicheskaya inversiya dannykh MOV – OGT v usloviyakh neodnorodnoy VChR (Multilevel seismic prospecting and kinematic inversion of the reflection and common depth point methods data in the conditions of the inhomogeneous upper part of the section), Moscow: EAGE Geomodel', 2014, 212 p.
2. Plessix R.-E., Perkins C., Full waveform inversion of a deep water ocean bottom seismometer dataset, First Break, 2010, V. 28, pp. 71–78.
3. Glogovskiy V.M., Langman S.L., Properties of the solution of the inverse kinematic seismic task (In Russ.), Tekhnologii seysmorazvedki, 2009, no. 1, pp. 10–17.
4. Glogovskiy V.M., Structural stability of algorithms for estimation of velocity and depth parameters of the medium (In Russ.), Tekhnologii seysmorazvedki, 2011, no. 4, pp. 6–11.
5. Brekhuntsov A.M., Bevzenko Yu.P., On the economy and technology of prospecting for oil and gas fields in Western Siberia (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza, 2000, no. 3, pp. 58–62.
6. Bevzenko Yu.P., Brekhuntsov A.M., Dolgikh Yu.N., Results of thefield use of multi-level high-precision seismic technology (In Russ.), Neft' i gaz, 2002, no. 1, pp. 14–18.
7. Bevzenko Yu.P., Dolgikh Yu.N., Technique and technology of multi-level seismic studies in the north of Western Siberia (In Russ.), Pribory i sistemy razvedochnoy geofiziki, 2004, no. 2, pp. 31–35.
8. Bevzenko Yu.P., Mnogourovnevaya vysokotochnaya seysmorazvedka v rayonakh razvitiya mnogoletney merzloty (Multilevel high-precision seismic survey in the permafrost areas): thesis of candidate of geological and mineralogical science, Tyumen', 2004.
9. Dolgikh Yu.N., Povyshenie tochnosti seysmicheskikh nablyudeniy na osnove izucheniya ZMS i ucheta voln – sputnikov v ramkakh tekhnologii mnogourovnevoy seysmorazvedki (Improving the accuracy of seismic observations based on the study of weathering zones and the consideration of satellite waves in the multi-level seismic technology): thesis of candidate of geological and mineralogical science,Tyumen', 2004.
10. Dolgikh Yu.N., On the problem of simplified approaches to accounting the upper part of the section in the conditions of Western Siberia (In Russ.), Tekhnologii seysmorazvedki, 2006, no. 3, pp. 60–68.
11. Dolgikh Yu.N., Problems of srm-cdp data traveltime inversion in northern regions of Western Siberia (In Russ.), Tekhnologii seysmorazvedki, 2012, no. 4, pp. 40–50.
12. Dolgikh Yu.N., Post control of shot environments and real shot depth (In Russ.), Tekhnologii seysmorazvedki, 2013, no. 1, pp. 65–73.
13. Kuznetsov V.I., Dolgikh Yu.N., Sanin S.S. et al., Methodological results of UNIQ - CMP 3D technologyapplication in the North of Western Siberia (In Russ.), Pribory i sistemy razvedochnoy geofiziki, 2015, no. 4, pp. 41–46.