Solving the problems of rational development and operation of oil fields, enhanced (EOR) and improved oil recovery (IOR), including the recovery of unprofitable natural and production induced hard-to-recover reserves of liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons will long-term a significant and relevant objective. Scientists and experts in petroleum production, not only in the oil and gas industry, show great interest in the problems that cause conflicts between the owner of the subsoil and subsoil users or investors, in order to choose the optimal option of tax preferences for the maximize the oil production from unprofitable hard-to-recover reserves.
The article provides a brief chronology of the development of the oil and gas industry in the context of the evolution of new production, EOR and IOR methods, as well as the gradual transition from the development of conventional “active” to hard-to-recover reserves. The authors discuss topical problems of the oil fields development with unprofitable natural and technogenic hard-to-recover reserves of liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons. A new definition is proposed for unprofitable natural and production induced hard-to-recovery reserves; a new solution is given for predicting water breakthrough under conditions of instability of the of oil displacement front. It points out the shortcomings of the current Tax Code provisions regarding the justified methodology of geological and technological parameters for selecting unprofitable man-made hard-to-recovery reserves, and suggests ways to improve the necessary solutions. It is noted that the dealing with negative consequences of the reservoir and injected water impact on the mobility of non-stationary waterflooding and the resulting oil immobility and also impact on the process of field development in general is noted. The expediency of creating of EOR/IOR innovative technologies for depleted fields and successful application at development sites is shown, which requires tax preferences for creators of scientific and technical products. Thus, it has been shown that the development of unprofitable natural and man-made unprofitable hard-to-recover reserves is an urgent, demanded and long-term task, the solution of which requires a systematic approach that ensures the harmonization of geological, technological, economic and regulatory parameters and indicators to justify the choice of objects falling under the benefits and assess the expected effect.
1. Rozman M.S., Smolyak S.A., Zakirov E.S. et al., On the feasibility study for the extraction of hard-to-recover reserves: how not to step on an old rake (In Russ.), Neftegaz.RU, 2020, no. 2(98).
2. Vilenskiy P.L., Livshits V.N., Smolyak S.A., Otsenka effektivnosti investitsionnykh proektov: Teoriya i praktika (Evaluation of the effectiveness of investment projects: Theory and practice), Moscow: Delo Publ., 2015, 1300 p.
3. Shpurov I.V., Tudvachev A.V., Justification of the boundary values of permeability reservoirs in their differentiation into classes with high and low filtration potential (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2015, no. 9, pp. 73–77.
4. Vygon G., Inventory of reserves: from state expertise to national audit (In Russ.), Neftegazovaya vertikal', 2019, no. 18/19, pp. 19–24.
5. Davydov A.V., On methods for increasing oil recovery and not only about them (In Russ.), Nedropol'zovanie XXI vek, 2019, no. 12, pp. 124–133.
6. Davydov A.V., Analiz i prognoz razrabotki neftyanykh zalezhey (Analysis and forecast of the development of oil deposits), Moscow: Publ. of VNIIOENG, 2008, 316 p.
7. Alekperov V.Yu., Nam ne nuzhny l'goty, u nas net l'got (We don't need perks, we don't have perks), Kommersant, 25.12.2019, no. 238.
8. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., System optimization of non-stationary floods for the purpose of increasing oil recovery (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 1, pp. 44–50, DOI:10.24887/0028-2448-2019-1-44-49
9. 9. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Sistemnaya optimizatsiya protsessa razrabotki neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy (System optimization of oil field development process), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 2004, 452 p.
10. Mirzadzhanzade A.Kh., Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Dinamicheskie protsessy v neftegazodobyche: sistemnyy analiz, diagnoz, prognoz (Dynamic processes in the oil and gas production: systems analysis, diagnosis, prognosis), Moscow: Nauka Publ., 1997, 254 p.
11. Mandrik I.E., Panakhov G.M., Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Nauchno-metodicheskie i tekhnologicheskie osnovy optimizatsii protsessa povysheniya nefteotdachi plastov (Scientific and methodological and technological basis for EOR optimization), Moscow: Neftyanoe khozyaystvo Publ., 2010, 288 p.
12. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Once again about oil recovery factor (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2014, no. 1, pp. 44–48.
13. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Shestopalov Yu.V., Mandrik I.E., Aref'ev S.V., Alternative concept of monitoring and optimization water flooding of oil reservoirs in the conditions of instability of the displacement front (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 12, pp. 118–123, DOI:10.24887/0028-2448-2019-12-118-123
14. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Some conceptual aspects of systematic optimization of oil field development (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2017, no. 2, pp. 58–63, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2017-2-58-63
15. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Aref'ev S.V., The concept of monitoring and optimization of oil reservoirs waterflooding under the conditions of displacement front instability (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2021, no. 11, pp. 104–109, DOI:10.24887/0028-2448-11-104-109
16. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Shestopalov Yu.V., Qualitative analysis of quadratic polynomial dynamical systems associated with the modeling and monitoring of oil fields, Lobachevskii journal of mathematics, 2019, V. 40, no. 10, pp. 1695–1710, DOI:10.1134/S1995080219100226
17. Shestopalov Y. V., Shakhverdiev A. Kh., Qualitative theory of two-dimensional polynomial dynamical systems, MDPI, Symmetry, 2021, no. 13, V. 1884, pp. 1–19, https: // doi.org / 10.3390 /sym13101884.
18. Order of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology of the Russian Federation No. 356 of June 14, 2016 (as amended by order No. 638 of September 20, 2019) “Ob utverzhdenii pravil razrabotki mestorozhdeniy uglevodorodnogo syr'ya” (On the approval of the rules for the development of hydrocarbon deposits), URL: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/420365257
19. Order of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology of the Russian Federation dated May 18, 2016 No. 12-r “Ob utverzhdenii Vremennykh metodicheskikh rekomendatsiy po podgotovke tekhnicheskikh proektov po razrabotke mestorozhdeniy uglevodorodnogo syr'ya” (On approval of Temporary guidelines for the preparation of technical projects for the development of hydrocarbon deposits), URL: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/420368869
20. Order of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology of the Russian Federation No. 639 dated 20.09.19 “Ob utverzhdenii pravil podgotovki tekhnicheskikh proektov razrabotki mestorozhdeniy uglevodorodnogo syr'ya” (On the approval of the rules for the preparation of technical projects for the development of hydrocarbon deposits), URL: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/56137250121. Mukhidinov Sh.V., Belyakov E.O., Determination of mobile water in reservoirs of Achimov thickness (In Russ.), Proneft'. Professional'no o nefti, 2020, no. 4(18), pp. 34–47.