The article presents the results of reservoir simulation modeling of alternative surfactant-polymer composition applications to increase oil recovery in high-permeability porous-type reservoirs containing highly viscous oil. Justification for application of reservoir simulator is provided, peculiar aspects of the applied model compared to commercial software products are revealed, a brief description of the target and associated issues are presented. FlowER software package was used to predict the performance of chemical treatment and select the optimal composition and injection volume for the pilot surfactant-polymer flood project developed in Tatneft. Automatic history matching of the resultant model to actual field data was done in FlowER software package with selection of the main reservoir properties, relative permeability functions. Laboratory studies of the properties of two types of chemical compositions depending on component concentrations were conducted. A series of simulation runs were performed to determine the optimal injectivity of injection wells at different injection volumes with the assumption of bottomhole pressure limitation. Injection of surfactant-polymer system was simulated for various volumes and component concentrations. Dependencies of oil production increment on injection volume were obtained. The paper also presents production vs. injection volume variations, well injectivity changes during injection volume increase as well as after injection of the design volume with variations of formation pore volume. Comparison of two types of compositions at different component concentrations was performed, their efficiency with the increase of surfactant or polymer concentrations was evaluated.
1. Garipova L., Persova M., Soloveichik Y. et al., Optimization of high-viscosity oil field development using thermo-hydrodynamic modeling, Proceedings of 19th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference SGEM, 30 June – 6 July 2019, Sofia, 2019, V. 19, pp. 473–480, DOI: https://doi.org/10.5593/sgem2019/1.3/S03.060
2. Persova M.G., Soloveichik Y.G., Vagin D.V. et al., The design of high-viscosity oil reservoir model based on the inverse problem solution, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 2021, V. 199, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.petrol.2020.108245
3. Persova M.G., Soloveichik Y.G., Ovchinnikova A.S. et al., Numerical 3D simulation of enhanced oil recovery methods for high-viscosity oil field, Proceedings of 14th International Forum on Strategic Technology (IFOST 2019), 14th-17th October 2019, Tomsk, Russian Federation, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2021, V. 1019, URL: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/1019/1/012050/meta/.
4. Khisametdinov M.R., Trofimov A.S., Rafikova K.R. et al., Determination of optimal polymer flooding parameters using reservoir simulation model (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 9, pp. 90–93, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2019-9-90-93.
5. Persova M.G., Soloveychik Yu.G., Vagin D.V. et al., Podkhod k avtomaticheskoy adaptatsii gidrodinamicheskoy modeli mestorozhdeniya vysokovyazkoy nefti na osnove resheniya mnogomernoy obratnoy zadachi mnogofaznoy fil'tratsii (An approach to automatic adaptation of a hydrodynamic model of a high-viscosity oil field based on solving a multidimensional inverse problem of multiphase filtration), Proceedings of 21st EAGE conference on oil and gas geological exploration and development – Geomodel 2019, Gelendzhik, September 9–13, 2019.