The article considers the lithological features of the gamma-active rocks of the Lower Permian age within the eastern part of the Pre-Caspian basin and provides a qualitative assessment of the prospects for oil and gas potential. The authors argue the hypothesis that the bituminous siliceous-carbonate-clay formation in the regional plan is the most important object for the search accumulations of hydrocarbons. Since a number of large and giant deposits have been already discovered in the carbonate complexes, and the question of studying other promising objects, such as the gamma-active formation, remains relevant. The results of the evaluation of the structure of the void space indicate the dependence of the filtration and reservoir properties of rocks on the conditions of sedimentation and secondary processes that took place in the sediments under consideration. Thus, the study of the genesis and post-sedimentation processes of the Lower Permian bituminous formation becomes an urgent research topic for expanding the base of potential reservoirs of the Pre-Caspian basin, as well as for obtaining new information about the characteristics of the void space and the factors determining its formation. This article highlights the main regularities of the structure of gamma-active rocks and focus on the need for further development of the sedimentation model, as well as on the study of post-sedimentation processes and identifying the features of their influence on the filtration and reservoir properties of these rocks. The data obtained during the study of the object will be useful for further substantiation of the prospects for the oil and gas content of deep- water formations.
1. Kulumbetov G.E., Litologo-fatsial'naya kharakteristika i perspektivy neftegazonosnosti podsolevykh terrigennykh otlozheniy vostoka Prikaspiyskoy vpadiny (Lithological-facies characteristics and prospects of oil and gas content of subsalt terrigenous deposits in the east of the Caspian basin): thesis of candidate of geological and mineralogical science, St. Petersburg, 2010.
2. Iskaziev K.O., Almazov D.O., Savinova L.A. et al., Sedimentary model of the Upper Paleozoic deposits in the Karaton-Birlestik area (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 11, pp. 98–102.
3. Iskaziev K.O., Savinova L.A., Almazov D.O. et al., Facies modeling of the Temir carbonate platform based on the concept and principles of sequense stratigraphy (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 12, pp. 96–101.
4. Gur'yanov A.V., Geneticheskie tipy i vtorichnye preobrazovaniya karbonatnykh porod kak osnova dlya prognozirovaniya ikh kollektorskikh svoystv (Genetic types and secondary transformations of carbonate rocks as a basis for predicting their reservoir properties): thesis of candidate of geological and mineralogical science, Moscow, 1990, 205 p.
5. Iskaziev K.O., Ulitina L.A., Almazov D.O., Lyapunov Yu.V., Seismofacies modelling for the Lower Permian carbonate deposits in the Cyganovsko-Ulyanovskoye and Tokarevskoye fields (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 11, pp. 98–102.
6. Iskaziev K.O., Khafizov S.F., Lyapunov Yu.V. et al., Pozdnepaleozoyskie organogennye postroyki Kazakhstanskogo segmenta Prikaspiyskoy vpadiny (Late Paleozoic organogenic structures of the Kazakhstan segment of the Caspian basin), Moscow: URSS, 2019, 250 p.
7. Gutman I.S., Postnikov A.V., Postnikova O.V. et al., Methodical approach to vertical zonation of Bazhenov formation in relation to resources evaluation (In Russ.), Nedropol'zovanie XXI vek, 2016, no. 6, pp. 80–87.
8. Dal'yan I.B., Golovko A.Yu., On the possibility of hydrocarbon deposits at great depths in the subsalt deposits of the Eastern Caspian region (In Russ.), Ural'skiy geologicheskiy zhurnal, 2002, no. 6(30), pp. 17–24.
9. Dal'yan I.B., Golovko A.Yu., The oil-bearing chert-argillo-carbonaceous formation of Eastern Kaspian area (In Russ.), Ural'skiy geologicheskiy zhurnal, 2003, no. 1(31), pp. 17–23.10. Postnikov A.V., Postnikova O.V., Olenova K.Yu. et al., New methodological aspects of lithological research of rocks Bazhenov formation (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2015, no. 10, pp. 23–27.