×èòàéòå â íîìåðå:
2'2021 (âûïóñê 1167)
|News of the companies|
|OIL & GAS INDUSTRY|
The system-forming project of the Southern industrial zone of the Yamal Peninsula "Novoportovskoye oilfield" of Gazprom Neft was analyzed. In its structure, 4 mineral resource centers (MRC) are allocated, differing in resource base, transport system and consumers (export – the current Novoportovsk oil maritime MRC and the Novoportovsky gas pipeline MRC under construction, providing local consumption – the current Kamennomyssky gas local MRC and the Novoportovsky gas local MRC under construction). An analysis of the availability of reserves and resources for the production of Novoportovsk oil MRC was carried out, groups of pools that make the greatest contribution to the development of the oil production base were identified, and program for its development were identified. The structure of the current logistics scheme for the export of MRC crude oil (characteristics of groups of ships solving various tasks for the export of commodity products – shipping, cabotage transportation, transshipment, and export transportation) is given. Based on the approved production levels, the need for tankers was estimated, the period of need to attract an additional fleet on freight terms and the time for the release of project vessels that could be directed to the implementation of other company projects were determined. Characteristics of commercial product of MRC – crude oil grade "Novy Port" – are given. For Novoportovsk gas pipeline MRC transportation safety is estimated, based on the approved production levels, gas consumption for own needs and capacity of the gas pipeline.
1. Donskoy S.E., Grigor'ev M.N., Approaches to distinguishing mineral-raw material centres of oil and their resource base development management (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza, 2010, no. 5, pp. 24–28.
2. URL: https://www.gazprom-neft.ru/company/major-projects/new-port.
3. URL: https://www.gazprom.ru/projects/yamal/.
4. Savel'ev V.A., Mukhametzyanov R.N., Nuriev M.F., Status and prospects of development of Gazprom neft OAO fields (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2009, no. 12, pp. 9–12.
5. Grigor'ev M.N., Mineral resource centers: criteria for highlighting and principles of localization (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2020, no. 10, pp. 8–13.
6. Aydashov N.F., Vinogradova A.A., Levochkin V.V., Effectiveness of the oil rims development with use of hydrodynamic simulation by the example of Novoportovskoye field (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2010, no. 12, pp. 39–41.
7. Sugaipov D.A., Bazhenov D.Yu., Devyat'yarov S.S. et al., Integrated approach to oil rim development in terms of Novoportovskoye field (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2016, no. 12, pp. 60–63.
8. URL: https://miskamenskoe.ru/tinybrowser/files/territorial-noe-planirovanie/pzz /01/2020_asts_om-mys_kamennyy.pdf
9. URL: https://gge.ru/press-center/news/novyy-gazoprovod-ot-mestorozhdeniy-yamala-proydet-cherez-akvatoriyu...
10. URL: https://tass.ru/ekonomika/7269509
11. URL: https://neftegaz.ru/news/companies/203455-gazprom-neft-i-pravitelstvo-yanao-dogovorilis-ob-organizat....
12. URL: https://www.interfax.ru/business/659296
13. Grigor'ev M.N., Oil production centers as the backbone of the fuel&energy comlex resources base development (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2003, no. 12, pp. 16–19.
14. Grigor'ev M.N., Assessment of features of the oil reserves to production ratio (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2012, no. 5, pp. 10–13.
15. Zakharov E., New home port (In Russ.), Sibirskaya neft', 2014, no. 7, pp. 45–51.
16. Grigor'ev M.N., Development of maritime transportation of arctic oil and gas condensate (In Russ.), Burenie i neft', no. 2020, no. 9, pp. 16–25.
17. Prakticheskie rekomendatsii kapitanov SKF po upravleniyu sudami v ledovykh usloviyakh (Practical recommendations of SCF captains for managing ships in ice conditions), Moscow: Paulsen Publ., 2019, 296 p.
18. Grigorev M.N., Problems of the development of mineral resources with year-round transportation of the products from the water area of the Northern Sea route (In Russ.), Bezopasnost' Truda v Promyshlennosti, 2020, no. 1, pp. 42-51
19. URL: https://www.gazprom-neft.ru/press-center/news/unikalnaya_sistema_upravleniya_arkticheskoy_logistikoy...
20. URL: https://www.spglobal.com/platts/ru/market-insights/latest-news/oil/071520-chemchina-receives-chinas-...21. URL: https://www.gazprom-neft.ru/press-center/news/gazprom_neft_vpervye_postavila_arkticheskuyu_neft_v_ki...
More or to buy article
|MANAGEMENT, ECONOMY, LAW|
The article considers the forecasts and forward-looking estimates of the development of the world economy and its oil sector, including the situation with demand and prices on the world oil market, published by the world's leading analytical and forecasting centers in the run-up to 2020, in comparison with the expected results and preliminary estimates of the actual development of the situation. It is shown that almost from the first months of 2020, events in the world began to unfold according to unforeseen scenarios, and how, in accordance with the developing situation, the forecasts made earlier changed. The author analyzed the evolution of predictions for oil demand in 2020 made by EIA USA and the OPEC Secretariat in the period since December 2019 and January 2021, compared to the end of 2018-2019, and the expected outcome in 2020 (as in the whole world and its main regions and countries). The article gives the latest estimates of the expected results of development of the world economy and its oil sector in 2020, made by experts of the IMF, the OECD, the IEA, the OPEC Secretariat and other organizations, and their projections for 2021 It is shown that the IEA experts, way USA and the OPEC Secretariat almost equally understand the dynamics of expected global oil demand this year. Their adjustment of the forecast estimates for 2021 was generally consistent with the development of the situation on the world oil markets in 2020 and followed the refinement of the estimates for 2020. Accordingly, these estimates do not contain any fundamental changes in the current trends. Their authors assume that in 2021, the world oil markets will continue to face significant uncertainty, both directly related to the coronavirus pandemic and the unresolved problems accumulated over the previous two years in the global economy. It is concluded that based on the specifics of the current transition stage of the development of the world economy and energy, it is necessary to build a domestic system for monitoring and forecasting the world economy and its oil and gas sector.
1. Mastepanov A.M., Oil sector of the global economy in 2020: Forecasts and expected results (In Russ.), Burenie i neft', 2021, no. 1, pp. 33–39.
2. OECD Economic Outlook, 2019, V. 106, no. 2, https://doi.org/10.1787/9b89401b-en
3. OPEC monthly oil market report, URL: https://www.opec.org/opec_web/en/publications/338.htm
4. World economic outlook, 2020, January, URL: https://www.imf.org/ru/Publications/WEO/Issues/2020/01/20/weo-update-january2020
5. IEA. Oil market report, URL: https://www.iea.org/topics/oil-market-report
6. U.S. Energy information administration. Short-term energy outlook, URL: https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/steo/outlook.php
7. International Energy Outlook 2019. U.S. Energy information administration, URL: https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/archive/ieo19/
8. URL: https://ostrovrusa.ru/prognoz-tsen-na-neft#
9. Mastepanov A.M., The world at a break or a new reality: Prospects for the development of the energy industry and its oil and gas sector (In Russ.), Problemy ekonomiki i upravleniya neftegazovym kompleksom, 2020, no. 5, pp. 9–10.
10. Mastepanov A.M., Big cycles and “black swans” (In Russ.), Energeticheskaya politika, 2020, no. 6 (148), pp. 4–19.
11. Mastepanov A.M., Coronavirus and the resulting crisis: About the prospects of the world economy and energy (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2020, no. 6, pp. 6–12.
12. Global Energy Review 2020. The impacts of the Covid-19 crisis on global energy demand and CO2 emissions, IEA, 2020, April, 55 p., URL: https://webstore.iea.org/login?ReturnUrl= %2fdownload %2fdirect %2f2995
13. OECD Economic Outlook. The World Economy on a Tightrope, 2020, June, URL: http://www.oecd.org/economy/outlook/
14. OECD Economic Outlook, 2020, V. 108, no. 2, URL: https://doi.org/10.1787/ 39a88ab1-en
15. World Economic Outlook Update, 2020, June, URL: https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/WEO/Issues/2020/06/24/WEOUpdateJune2020; World Economic Outlook, October 2020: A long and difficult, URL: https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/WEO/Issues/2020/09/30/world-economic-outlook-october-2020
16. World Bank, 2021. Global economic prospects, Washington, DC, 2021, January, URL: https://www.worldbank.org/en/publication/global-economic-prospects
17. URL: https://www.rbc.ru/society/04/01/2021/5ff35a499a79471f088165d1?from=newsfeed
18. Kutuzova M., Kovidnyy shtorm i bychiy rynok. Spros i tseny na neft' vosstanovyatsya v 2021 g. (Coronavirus storm and bull market. Oil demand and prices will rebound in 2021.), URL: http://neftianka.ru/kovidnyj-shtorm-i-bychij-rynok-spros-i-ceny-na-neft-vosstanovyatsya-v-2021-g/
19. Davydov D., Vesnoy mirovoy rynok nefti mozhet snova provalit'sya (In the spring, the global oil market may fail again), URL: https://teknoblog.ru/2021/01/10/109660
20. URL: https://www.vazhno.ru/a/66377/20210111/rubl-ruhnet-ozvuchen-sekretnyj-kurs-dollara-na-maj/ab-intext/
More or to buy article
This article considers a step-by-step petrophysical assessment of the prospects for classifying the reserves of the Achimov deposits as hard-to-recover. For five oil fields in Western Siberia calculations are made on economic models for various scenarios of the ratio of oil production in case of hard-to-recover reserves and in case of deposits that do not belong to this category of reserves. The share of production from low-permeable reservoirs is established, at which it is more effective to use a reduction factor that takes into account the complexity of oil production (coefficient that characterizes the degree of complexity of oil production) equal to 0.2 and 0.4 in comparison with the regime of tax on additional income from hydrocarbon production at certain specific costs. It is shown that in addition to the share of hard-to-recover oil in the total volume from the field, it is necessary to know the boundary value of the unit cost per ton of oil, which significantly affects the economic attractiveness of the project. For five fields in Western Siberia, generalized dependences of the boundary value of unit costs, at which the mineral extraction tax (MET) regime is a priority, on the share of hard-to-recover reserves production for different reduction coefficients. With a significant amount of hard-to-recover reserves production in a specific price range and unit cost of benefits met enhance economic effect, the MET regime allows to increase the economic effect in comparison with the regime of tax on additional income from hydrocarbon production. However, if the price policy deteriorates, the MET regime becomes economically unstable, while the regime of tax on additional income from hydrocarbon production remains less sensitive and minimizes the economic risks of the oil company. Modeling the priority of hard-to-recover reserves production in the total volume of oil produced at the field for various price scenarios allows us to predict the economic effect of the practical application of the tax systems of MET and tax on additional income from hydrocarbon production.DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2021-2-18-21
More or to buy article
The issue of pricing for contractor service works is examined from the perspective of risk assessment and distribution. The basic relationships between the Customer and the Contractor in the provision of services are described. Factors affecting the success of repair work in wells are considered. A formula is proposed to illustrate the probabilistic potential success of the applied technology, taking into account the reliability of the success factors. It is shown that the probabilistic potential success of the technology depends on factors that depend on both the Customer and the Contractor, while the responsibility for the result lies primarily with the Contractor. The analysis of works on isolation of individual intervals of a productive formation and elimination of behind-the-casing water flows in Western Siberia on a large statistical sample is carried out. The dependence of the success of work on the number of well operations performed is revealed. The values of the average success of works on isolation of individual intervals of the productive formation and elimination of behind-the-casing water flows were revealed. The main options for the distribution of risks between the Customer and the Contractor during the repair work are considered. A new pricing scheme for contractor service works is proposed, taking into account the average technological success of the technology proposed by the Contractor. It was revealed what constitutes the main risks of the Contractor and the Customer when carrying out geological and technical measures. Recommendations are offered: on the minimum number of treatments for an objective assessment of new technologies or technologies not adapted to new objects; the minimum annual number of treatments for one contractor, which increases the statistical probability of reaching the average success rate for the applied technology; the substantiation of the upper threshold for the average value of the success of the technologies of repair and insulation works is proposed. The concept of "planned success" of a technology or average success of a technology on a large statistical sample is proposed. A new approach to assessing the success and effectiveness of contracting work in the provision of services for the implementation of geological and technical measures, in particular, for well workover, as well as a new pricing scheme for these works, account the insurance of contractors' risks, taking into account the average technological success of the technology offered by the Contractor, is proposed.
1. Nekrasova I.L., Sovershenstvovanie tekhnologii primeneniya i utilizatsii tekhnologicheskikh zhidkostey na nevodnoy osnove v protsessakh stroitel'stva i osvoeniya skvazhin (Improvement of the technology for the use and disposal of non-aqueous process fluids in the construction and development of wells): thesis of doctor of technical science, Ufa, 2020.
2. Zhernakov V.N., Bastrikov S.N., On increasing the harmonious interaction of the drilling fluid with the rocks of the geological section (on the example of deposits in the Eastern Siberia) (In Russ.), Stroitel'stvo neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin na sushe i na more, 2019, no. 11, pp. 47–49.
3. Ashurova A.M., Control of drilling mud mineralization due to electrical conductivity (In Russ.), Stroitel'stvo neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin na sushe i na more, 2019, no. 9, pp. 43–45.
4. Strakhov P.N., Koloskov V.N., Bogdanov O.A. et al., Development of hydrocarbon reserves dedicated to the reserve rocks with a complex structure (In Russ.), Vestnik Assotsiatsii burovykh podryadchikov, 2017, no. 3, pp. 39–43.
5. Parfir'ev V.A., Vaganov Yu.V., Zakirov N.N., Paleev S.A., Application of hydrocarbon-base mud during the initial opening and drilling of the productive horizon of field in the Eastern Siberia (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 12, pp. 74–79.
6. Predein A.P., Krysin N.I., On the issue of cleaning drilling fluids (In Russ.), Stroitel'stvo neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin na sushe i na more, 2006, no. 7, pp. 24–28.
More or to buy article
|GEOLOGY & GEOLOGICAL EXPLORATION|
Non-seismic methods are one of the strategic directions for the development of geological exploration that can improve the quality of assessment of the prospects for oil and gas potential of the studied territories. On the territory of Eastern Siberia, within the perimeter of the Gazprom Neft Company, transient electromagnetic method (TEM) is one of the main non-seismic methods in planning, conducting an exploration program and forming a geological and geophysical base for subsequent decision-making on the placement of exploration wells and additional exploration of fields.
The article raises the problem of decision-making practice of TEM survey application that is based on science reasoning and allows to do a rapid estimation of TEM method possibilities in different geological areas. The practice of assessing the perimeter of replicating the technology of electrical prospecting works in TEM is based on the implementation of synthetic signal modeling. Within the framework of the work, the main parameters and numerical limits were determined, which allow at the preliminary stage to assess the expected efficiency of the application of the TEM technology in the geological exploration complex. The outcome of this investigation is a matrix of TEM application. The real examples of TEM application for exploration planning and the whole estimation cycle of TEM value and applicability are considered. The value of using this approach is the ranking of a set of prospecting zones located in different regions of the Gazprom Neft presence, according to the effectiveness of the use of TEM technology in the geological exploration complex. In total, within the framework of the work, the possibilities of using electrical prospecting at nine objects in Eastern and Western Siberia, Volga-Ural and Tomsk region were assessed.
1. Grigor'ev G.S., Zakharova O.A., Lyubimov E.V. et al., Non-seismic methods development at Gazprom Neft (In Russ.), SPE-191670-18RPTC-MS, 2018, https://doi.org/10.2118/191670-18RPTC-MS.
2. Pospeev A.V., Buddo I.V., Agafonov Yu.A. et al., Sovremennaya prakticheskaya elektrorazvedka (Modern practical electrical exploration), Novosibirsk: Geo Publ., 2018, 231 p.
3. Oshmarin R.A., Ostankov A.V., Kompaniets S.V., Tokareva O.V., Capabilities and limitations of electromagnetic techniques in Eastern Siberia (In Russ.),
SPE-182082-MS, 2016, https://doi.org/10.2118/182082-MS
4. Mostovoy P.Ya., Oshmarin R.A., Ostankov A.V. et al., Seismic and electromagnetic methods integration to increase a quality of reservoir properties and saturation prediction in East Siberia region (In Russ.), SPE-191673-18RPTC-MS, 2018, https://doi.org/10.2118/191673-18RPTC-MS.
5. Zimin S., Burdakov D., Sibilev V. et al., Water injection design: Ink carbonate field example, Proceedings of EAGE Conference “GeoBaikal 2018”, 2018, DOI: 10.3997/2214-4609.201802026.
6. Kubyshta I.V., Pavlovskiy Yu.V., Kompaniets S.V. et al., Multifunctional (integrated) approach of 3D seismic and high-density electro-prospecting data interpretation to increase well success in Eastern Siberia region (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2014, no. 12, pp. 2–5.
7. Vorobev V., Safarov I., Mostovoy P. et al., Best practices of exploration: Integration of seismic and electrical prospecting, SPE-196138-MS, 2019, https://doi.org/10.2118/196138-MS
8. Tokareva O., Gomulisky V., Shobohonova Z. et al., Opportunities to predict of the saturation of the Neocomian sediments (layers of BU15-20) of the Srednemossoyakhsky megaswell according to the data of electromagnetic researches of the TEM, EAGE Conference Proceedings, Tyumen, 2019, pp. 1–5, https://doi.org/10.3997/2214-4609.2019005759. Agafonov Y., Buddo I., Tokareva O. et al., Application of transient electromagnetic method (TEM) technique in South-East Asia: Case studies from onshore Sarawak and North Sumatra, Bulletin of the Geological Society of Malaysia, 2018, V. 66, no. 1, pp. 1–5, DOI: 10.7186/bgsm66201801.
More or to buy article
Srednebotuobinskoye oil-gas-condensate field, being one of the oldest fields in Yakutia, has been well studied by both 2D and 3D seismic surveys. Extensive experience has been accumulated in processing seismic data in this region, which allows obtaining data of acceptable quality. However, a number of unresolved problems remain that significantly complicate obtaining high-quality seismic images and interpretation.
The paper presents the main problems inherent in seismic data at the Srednebotuobinskoye field (near-surface, trap bodies, multiples, etc.). On the example of the special processing performed with the use of prestack depth migration, ways of solving these problems based on advanced technologies for seismic data processing are demonstrated. Methods for constructing near-surface model based on tomographic refinement and surface wave inversion, methods for compensating for the influence of the trap on the underlying layers are presented. In the area of signal processing, advanced multiple suppression and noise attenuation technologies are described based on modeling and adaptive noise substraction. An integrated approach to processing, developed by Rosneft Oil Company specialists using prestack depth migration, significantly improved the quality of seismic data and increased the reliability of interpretation. However, not all problems remained resolved. The article provides recommendations for the further development of seismic technology to improve the quality of seismic material in the future. Recommendations are given for development both in the field of seismic data processing (new approaches to signal processing, FWI, etc.), seismogeological modeling, and in the field surveys (increasing the density of surveys, using nodal recording systems).
1. Tverdohlebov D.N., Dan'ko E.A., Kashirina E.G. et al., Model based multiple waves suppression based on modeling algorithms in the context of the high-velocity section of the Siberian Platform (In Russ.), Geofizika, 2018, no. 1, pp. 2–14.
2. Kleshnin A.B., Tverdohlebov D.N., Chirgun A.S. et al., Special'naja obrabotka shirokoazimutal'nyh SRR 3D v sejsmogeologicheskih uslovijah Sibirskoj platformy (Special processing of wide-azimuth 3D seismic exploration in seismic and geological conditions of the Siberian platform), Proceedings of EAGE Conference “Geobajkal 2018”, 2018, https://www.earthdoc.org/content/papers/10.3997/2214-4609.201802035
3. Tverdokhlebov D.N., Danʹko E.A., Kashirina E.G. et al., Finite-difference seismic forward modeling to improve the processing efficiency and quality of seismic interpretation (In Russ.), Geofizika, 2017, no. 6, pp. 10–18.
4. Tverdokhlebov D., Korobkin V., Kleshnin A. et al., FWI as an effective solution for land near-surface model building into the area with complex geological settings: Eastern Siberia case study, First Break, 2019, V. 37, no. 10, pp. 39–47.5. Gurentsov N.E., Tverdokhlebov D.N., Kompleksnyy podkhod k proektirovaniyu sistem nablyudeniya 3D seysmorazvedki na osnove seysmogeologicheskogo modelirovaniya (An integrated approach to the design of 3D seismic observation systems based on seismic geological modeling), Proceedings of conference “GeoEvraziya 2018. Sovremennye metody izucheniya i osvoeniya nedr Evrazii” (GeoEurasia 2018. Modern methods of studying and developing the subsoil of Eurasian modeling), Moscow, 5–8 February 2018, 2018, https://www.gece.moscow/materialy
More or to buy article
The distribution of petrophysical parameters (porosity, grittiness, permeability, shaliness) measured in rock samples from well logs drilled in the Qala-Turkan area was not reflected on the maps compiled as a result of statistical analysis. Therefore, to clarify the existence of lithological non-anticline traps, the following questions were considered. As can be seen from the maps, the sufficiently high grittiness and permeability in the north-west part of the fold suggest that the reservoirs have high oil and gas content and favorable conditions for the accumulation of hydrocarbons in the QaLD horizon of the investigated areas. Predictive estimates of petrophysical parameters (effective porosity, sandy, effective thickness and permeability ratios) in arches, periclinal and wings of the northwestern part of QaLD were analyzed by depth and area variability for the study, investigation, analysis, classification, appearance and perspective of lithological, stratigraphic, and tectonic screened non-structural traps on QaLD of the Qala-Turkan area. In addition, the classification and detection of non-anticlinical traps as a result of geological sections in this area were analyzed. Petrophysical parameters analysis on geological profiles was conducted to identify non-anticlinal traps in the Qala-Turkan area, and the increase of the values of these parameters from the north-west to the structure pericline is determined (in lithological pinchout and tectonic screened sections). The sharp changes of the observed petrophysical parameters indicate that the rocks within the trap can be oil and gas reservoirs.
1. Aleskerov Dzh.A., Determination of the time of occurrence of neotectonic movements and their role on the migration of hydrocarbons and the formation of oil and gas fields (on the example of oil and gas fields in Western Absheron) (In Russ.), Azerbaydzhanskoe neftyanoe khozyaystvo, 2007, no. 6, pp. 25–30.
2. Aliev A.I., Bagirzade F.M., Buniyatzade Z.A. et al., Mestorozhdeniya nefti i gaza i perspektivnye struktury Azerbaydzhanskoy SSR (Oil and gas fields and promising structures of the Azerbaijan SSR), Baku: Elm Publ., 1985, 108 p.
3. Aliev G.R., Miotsenovye otlozheniya Apsheronskogo polustrova i perspektivy poiskov v nikh neftegazovykh zalezhey (Miocene sediments of the Absheron Peninsula and prospects for prospecting for oil and gas deposits in them), Collected papers “Problemy neftegazonosnosti Kavkaza” (Problems of oil and gas potential of the Caucasus), Moscow: Nauka Publ., 1988, pp. 75–80.
4. Alizade A.A., Akhmedov G.A., Akhmedov A.M. et al., Geologiya neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy Azerbaydzhana (Geology of Azerbaijan's oil and gas fields), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1966, 384 p.
5. Guseynova M.A., Non-anticlinal types of traps and their distribution pattern in the Sulu-Tepe field (In Russ.), Azerbaydzhanskoe neftyanoe khozyaystvo, 2016, no. 2–3, pp. 59–66.
6. Ganbarov Ya.Kh., Ibragimli M.S., Classification of non-anticlinal types of traps found in the Yevlakh-Agjabedi depressions (In Russ.), azerbaydzhanskoe neftyanoe khozyaystvo, 2007, no. 8, pp. 1–4.
7. Babazade B.K., Klassifikatsiya zalezhey i mestorozhdeniy nefti i gaza Azerbaydzhana i ratsional'naya metodika ikh razrabotki (Classification of deposits and oil and gas fields in Azerbaijan and rational methodology for their development), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1964, pp. 102–105.
More or to buy article
The North Chukchi Trough depositional history was largely written by changes in direction of sedimentary influx. In the Aptian-Cenomanian the sediments were transported from the New Siberia – Chukotka fold and thrust belt highs. The Cenomanian extension led to the transgression. From Cenomanian to middle Paleocene the North Chukchi Trough has been filling while extension was switching to compression. By the middle Paleocene the continental palaeo-shelf was formed and then flooded due to its interior extension and subsidence. Since then and until the middle Eocene the clinothemes were deposited in a highly dissected topography during sea level high stand and greenhouse period. From the middle Eocene until Oligocene the low systems tract deposits were dominantly forming. In the latest Oligocene – beginning of Miocene the warming begun and the sea level was steadily rising, while the clinothems were progressing into the North Chukchi Trough and their heights were increasing. In the beginning of the Pliocene the Bering Strait opening took place along with a vast transgression in the region. On the basis of the sequence stratigraphic analysis, the petroleum system elements were predicted in the North Chukchi Trough sedimentary cover. Fluvial-deltaic sandstone reservoirs are expected in the clinothem topsets close to the offlap break in the Campanian-Danian, Lutetian, and Rupelian-Chattian deposits. Deep-water sandstone reservoirs are developed in the clinothem bottomsets of Campanian-Danian, Lutetian, Rupelian-Chattian, and Langhian deposits. Source rocks are prognosed in the Cenomanian-Turonian, Thanetian, Chattian-Aquitanian, and Pliocene deposits. Traps are interpreted to be mostly stratigraphic, while combined are rare. Among structural traps there are rollover and rootless folds.
1. Skaryatin M.V., Stavitskaya V.N., Mazaeva I.V. et al., Spatial offlap break trajectory analysis for stratigraphic framework building of the north Chukchi trough sedimentary cover (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2020, no. 11, pp. 20–26.
2. Nikishin A.M., Malyshev N.A., Petrov E.I., Geological structure and history of the Arctic Ocean, Houten: EAGE Publications bv, 2015, p. 88.
3. Huffman A.C., Ahlbrandt T.S., Pasternack I. et al., Depositional and sedimentologic factors affecting the reservoir potential of the Cretaceous Nanushuk Group, central North Slope, in: Geology of the Nanushuk Group and related rocks, North Slope Alaska, US Geological Survey Bulletin 1614, 1985, pp. 61–74.
4. Zykov E.A., Gusev E.A., Burial paleovalleys of Chukchi shelf, Problems of Arctic and Antarctic, 2015, V. 3, pp. 66–76.
5. Molenaar C.M., Subsurface correlations and depositional history of the Nanushuk Group and related strata, North Slope, Alaska, in: Geology of the Nanushuk Group and Related Rocks, North Slope, Alaska, US Geological Survey Bulletin 1614, 1985.
6. Houseknecht D.W., Bird K.J., Schenk C.J., Seismic analysis of clinoform depositional sequences and shelf-margin trajectories in Lower Cretaceous (Albian) strata, Alaska North Slope, 2009, no. 21, pp. 644–654.
7. Lease R.O., Houseknecht D., Timing of Cretaceous shelf margins in the Colville basin, Arctic Alaska (abs.), 2017, pp. 51–52.
8. Hubbard R.J., Edrich S.P., Rattey P.R., Geologic evolution and hydrocarbon habitat of the 'Arctic Alaska Microplate', Marine and Petreoleum Geology, 1987, V. 4, pp. 2–34.
9. Snedden J.W., Chengjie L., A compilation of Phanerozoic sea-level change, coastal onlaps and recommended sequence designations, Search and Discovery, 2010, no. 40594.
10. Haq B.U., Hardenbol J., Vail P.R., Chronology of fluctuating sea levels since the Triassic, Science, 1987, V. 235, pp. 1156–1167.
11. Zachos J., Pagani M., Sloan L., Thomas E, Billups K. Trends, rhythms, and aberrations in global climate 65 Ma to present, Science, 2001, V. 292, Article no. 5517, pp. 686–693.
12. Aleksandrova G.N., Geological evolution of Chauna Depression (North-Eastern Russia) during Paleogene and Neogene. 1. Paleogene (In Russ.), Byulleten' Moskovskogo obshchestva ispytateley prirody. Otdel geologicheskiy, 2016, V. 91, no. 4–5, pp. 148–164.
13. Backman J., Moran K., Arctic coring expedition. Paleoceanographic and tectonic evolution of the central Arctic Ocean, ECORD, 2004, no. 3, p. 4.
14. Brinkhuis H., Schouten S., Collinson M.E. et al., Episodic fresh surface waters in the Eocene Arctic Ocean, Nature, 2006, V. 441, pp. 606–609, DOI:10.1038/nature04692
15. Aleksandrova G.N., Geological development of Chauna Depression (Northeastern Russia) in Paleogene and Neogene. 2. Neogene (In Russ.), Byulleten' Moskovskogo obshchestva ispytateley prirody. Otdel geologicheskiy, 2016, V. 91, no. 6, pp. 11–35.16. Lane L.S., Dietrich J.R., Tertiary structural evolution of the Beaufort Sea-Mackenzie Delta region, Arctic Canada, Bulletin of Canadian Petroleum Geology, 1995, V. 43, pp. 293–314.
More or to buy article
The article is devoted to forecasting heterogeneity of sediment permeability in the process of geological modelling. The correctness of this operation largely determines the effectiveness of water-alternated-gas injection on hydrocarbon deposits. The presence of fractured zones and significant variability of the parameter under modelling within a single cell significantly complicates the design of water and gas exposure. It is proposed to abandon the generally accepted method of predicting the filtration properties of productive deposits based on the empirical dependence of permeability on core porosity. The paper considers the possibility of using probabilistic methods that have been successfully tested in the construction of geological models of gas reservoirs associated with terrigenous deposits of the Yamalo-Nenets autonomous district to evaluate filtration properties. For this purpose, based on the results of laboratory core studies, the empirical dependence of the probability of permeability for each excess of the standard class values (according A.A. Khanin classification) on porosity is calculated. Subsequently we have carried out the adaptation of patterns to the scale of cells of the geological model. For this purpose, the cells were represented as a set of conditional rocks, the size of which is comparable to laboratory samples. Using a random number generator, virtual differences were assigned porosity values with the condition that their average value was equal to the porosity determined from logging. Then, for each conditional sample, the probability of exceeding the standard values of the corresponding classes was calculated. After averaging the obtained values, the dependences of the probabilities of the existence of certain groups of reservoirs are calculated. This allows to calculate the permeability histograms for each cell of the geological model.
1. Shkandratov V.V., Dem'yaninko N.A., Astaf'ev D.A., Mal'shakov E.N., Generalization of water-gas effect results in Vostochno-Perevalnoe field (In Russ.), Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy, 2017, no. 9, pp. 77–85.
2. Sentsov A.Yu., Ryabov I.V., Ankudinov A.A. et al., Analysis of the flooding system with application of statistical data processing methods (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2020, no. 8, pp. 5–9.
3. Spirina E.A., Rabtsevich S.A., Mulyukov D.R., Kolonskikh A.V., Express method for determining development system parameters taking into account geological heterogeneity (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2020, no. 3, pp. 54–57.
4. Larue D.K., Allen J.P., Beeson D., Fluvial architecture and four-dimensional saturation modeling of a steam flood: Kern River field, California, AAPG Bull., 2020, V. 104, no. 4, pp. 1167-1196, DOI: 10.1306/12031919080.
5. Mikhaylov N.N. Tumanova E.S., Zaytsev M.V., Power law of filtration and its consequences for low-permeable reservoirs (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2020, no. 4, pp. 34–37.
6. Bogdanov O.A., Allocation of reservoirs with little change in the nature of saturation of productive deposits in the process of developing gas deposits (In Russ.), Nauka i tekhnika v gazovoy promyshlennosti, 2016, no. 3, pp. 40–45.
7. Bogdanov O.A., Strakhov P.N., Assessment of filtration properties of terrigenous sediments of the Cenomanian stage of the northern part of Western Siberia in the construction of geological models of hydrocarbon deposits (In Russ.), Nauka i tekhnika v gazovoy promyshlennosti, 2017, no. 1, pp. 3–8.
8. Strakhov P.N., Koloskov V.N., Bogdanov O.A., Sapozhnikov A.B., Issledovanie neodnorodnostey neftegazonosnykh otlozheniy (Investigation of heterogeneity of oil and gas deposits), Moscow: Publ. of Gubkin University, 2018, 189 p.
9. Le Blévec T., Dubrule O., Cédric M.J., J. Hampson G., Geostatistical Earth modeling of cyclic depositional facies and diagenesis, AAPG Bull., 2020, V. 104, no. 3, pp. 711–734, DOI: 10.1306/05091918122.
10. Ates H. et al., Ranking and upscaling of geostatistical reservoir models using streamline simulation: A field case study, SPE-81497-MS, 2003, https://doi.org/10.2118/81497-MS.
11. Salmachi A., Dunlop E., Rajabi M. et al., Investigation of permeability change in ultradeep coal seams using time-lapse pressure transient analysis: A pilot project in the Cooper Basin, Australia, AAPG Bull., 2019, V. 103, pp. 91–107, DOI: 10.1306/05111817277.
12. Sapozhnikov A.B., The need to update the principles of staging exploration to optimize the identification and development of hydrocarbon accumulations (In Russ.), Nedropol'zovanie XXI vek, 2019, no. 3 (79), pp. 20–24.
13. Drozdov A.N., Drozdov N.A., Bunkin N.F., Kozlov V.A., Study of suppression of gas bubbles coalescence in the liquid for use in technologies of oil production and associated gas utilization, SPE-187741-MS, 2017.
More or to buy article
The article presents the results of generalizing the scattered data accumulated over a long period of time on hydrogeological stratification, vertical and horizontal zoning, hydrodynamics, geothermy and geochemistry of underground waters of the Yurubcheno-Tokhomskoye oil field. It was found that the hydrogeological features of the study area are determined by the ancient age and uneven salinity of sedimentary cover rocks, the complexity of the tectonic structure and manifestations of trap magmatism, as well as difficult climatic conditions that led to deep freezing of the sedimentary cover and the formation of layer insular permafrost. Numerous hydrogeological complexes of the sedimentary cover are combined into three large hydrogeological formations (suprasalt, salt-bearing and subsalt). The features of each formation are considered in detail. It was revealed that these formations are hydrodynamically isolated from each other, which, along with different lithological-facies and thermobaric conditions, determine their differences, including hydrogeochemical ones. The underground waters of the study area are distinguished by a unique chemical composition, which is characterized by high mineralization and the degree of metamorphism. Salt waters and brines are characterized by a high degree of enrichment in microcomponents. The concentrations of elements such as boron, bromine, lithium, rubidium, strontium, magnesium, silver, gold and many others are many times higher than the established minimum industrial standards, so these waters can be considered as a promising source of hydromineral raw materials. It is shown that all aquifers, in addition to the scientific one, are also of quite definite practical interest related to the development of the region’s oil and gas complex (in particular, issues related to technical and drinking water supply, justification of the choice of water sources for reservoir pressure maintenance systems, utilization of highly mineralized wastewater, determination criteria of oil and gas content, etc.), which in turn determines the need for a more detailed study of the hydrogeological conditions of this territory.
1. Kontorovich A.A., Kontorovich A.E., Krinin V.A. et al., Yurubcheno-Tokhomskaya zone of gas and oil accumu-lation as an important object for concentration of regional investigation and exploration operations in Upper Proterozoic of Lena-Tunguska oil and gas province (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika, 1988, no. 11, pp. 45–55.
2. Mel'nikov N.V., Smirnov E.V., Maslennikov M.A. et al., Geologic prerequisites for increment of the mineral resources base of the Yurubchen-Kuyumba petroleum production center, Russian Geology and Geophysics, 2017, V. 58, no. 3–4, pp. 479–492.
3. Novikov D.A., Trifonov N.S., Hydrogeologic implications of industrial effluent disposal of the Yurubcheno-Tokhomo field (Siberian Craton, Russia), Arabian Journal of Geosciences, 2016, V. 9, no. 1, pp. 1–14.
4. Alekseev S.V., Alekseeva L.P., Gladkov A.S. et al., Deep-seated brines of the kimberlite pipe Udachnaya (In Russ.), Geodinamika i tektonofizika, 2018, no. 9(4), pp. 1235–1253.
5. Kontorovich A.E., Izosimova A.N., Kontorovich A.A. et al., Geological structure and conditions of the for-mation of the the Yurubcheno-Tokhoma zone of oil and gas accumulation in the Upper Proterozoic of the Sibe-rian platform (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika, 1996, no. 8 (37), pp. 166–195.
6. Mel'nikov N.V., Isaev A.V., Seismogeological models and perspective oil and gas objects of the Vendian com-plex in the Baikit oil and gas region (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika, 2004, no. 1(45), pp. 134–143.
7. Shemin G.G., Geologiya i perspektivy neftegazonosnosti venda i nizhnego kembriya tsentral'nykh rayonov Sibirskoy platformy (Nepsko-Botuobinskaya, Baykitskaya anteklizy i Katangskaya sedlovina) (Geology and oil and gas potential Vendian and Lower Cambrian deposits of central regions of the Siberian Platform (Nepa-Botuoba, Baikit anteclise and Katanga saddle)): edited by Kashirtsev V.A., Novosibirsk: Publ. of SB RAS, 2007, 467 p.
8. Kiryukhin V.A., Regional'naya gidrogeologiya (Regional hydrogeology), St. Petersburg: Publ. of St. Peters-burg State Mining Institute (Technical University), 2005, 344 p.
9. Bukaty M.B., Groundwater geology of the Western Siberian craton (implications for petroleum exploration) (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika = Russian Geology and Geophysics, 2009, V. 50, no. 11, pp. 1201–1217.
10. Vozhov V.I., Podzemnye vody i gidromineral'noe syr'e Leno-Tungusskoy neftegazonosnoy provintsii (Groundwater and hydromineral raw materials of Leno-Tunguska oil and gas province), Novosibirsk: Publ. of SNIIGGiMS, 2006, 209 p.
11. Litvinova I.V., Surnin A.I., Geothermal field of the sedimentary cover in the Lena-Tunguska Petroleum Province (In Russ.), Neftegazovaya geologiya, 2016, no. 2(26), pp. 41–49.12. Vakhromeev A.G., Fields of industrial multicomponent brines of Siberian platform hydromineral province deep horizons (In Russ.), Vestnik IrGTU = Proceedings of Irkutsk State Technical University, 2014, no. 9(92), pp. 73–78.
More or to buy article
The western part of the Udmurt Republic is characterized by a low degree of geological study and traditionally refers to lands with unclear prospects for oil and gas potential. One of the main constraints for further geological exploration is the presence of nitrogen gas in the Middle Carboniferous section. The article provides information on the areal distribution of the nitrogen gas zone, as well as on the general trend of changes in its content within the identified oil fields in the region. It is noted that in a number of fields with gas caps of mainly nitrogen composition, the drilling process and the implementation of geological and technical measures are significantly complicated. A comparative analysis of the nitrogen content features of the middle carboniferous section of the Kama region is carried out. In the regional plan, there is a trend of increasing nitrogen content in the western direction and its sharp increase at the latitude of the border eastern regions of Udmurtia and Tatarstan. The dependence of an increase in the nitrogen content with a decrease in the depth of oil-bearing formations is established. The formation of nitrogen gas caps is associated with the proximity of the source and migration routes of nitrogen within Udmurtia and adjacent regions. The republic's territory was graded according to the content of free and dissolved nitrogen. It is assumed that the main source of nitrogen gas is the deep-lying layer of thermobarically transformed sediments within the Kama-Belaya (Kaltasinsky) aulacogen. The gas flow to the Paleozoic floor was most intense in the zone of the western step sides of the aulacogen through the Udmurt fault system. The correlation dependence of the nitrogen content in the associated gas of the Terrigenous Devonian deposits as they approach this fault zone is established. For the territory under consideration, examples of objects that may be of interest for further search operations are given. The main prospects of the territory under consideration are associated with the study of the oil-bearing potential of the Upper Frasnian-Tournaisian carbonate deposits, as well as the Upper Devonian terrigenous deposits.
1. Sinyavskiy E.I., Busel G.F., Biogenic nitrogen deposits - indicators of vertical migration of oil and groundwater (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza, 1967, no. 4, pp. 47–50.
2. Sokolov V.A., Geokhimiya prirodnykh gazov (Geochemistry of natural gases), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1977, 336 p.
3. Pavlov S.Kh., Chudnenko K.V., Geokhimiya azota i ugleroda v protsesse evolyutsionnogo razvitiya sistemy “Voda – poroda”. Sovremennye problemy geokhimii (Geochemistry of nitrogen and carbon in the process of evolutionary development of the “Water - rock” system. Modern problems of geochemistry), Proceedings of All-Russian meeting, Part 3, Irkutsk: Publ. of Institute of Geography named after V.B. Sochavy SB RAS, 2012, pp. 230–234.
4. Mavritskiy B.F., Termal'nye vody skladchatykh i platformennykh oblastey SSSR (Thermal waters of fold and platform regions of the USSR), Moscow: Nauka Publ, 1971, 243 p.
5. Voronov A.N., Makhmudov A.Kh., Nesmelova Z.N. et al., Prirodnye gazy osadochnoy tolshchi (Natural gases of sedimentary strata): edited by Yakutsenya V.P., Leningrad: Nedra Publ., 1976, 344 p.
6. Volynets V.F., Zadorozhnyy I.K., Florenskiy K.P., On the isotopic composition of nitrogen in the Earth's crust (In Russ.), Geokhimiya, 1967, no. 5, pp. 58–59.7. Provorov V.M., Features of the geological structure of the Upper Devonian-Tournaisian paleoshelf and oil-bearing capacity of the Western Kama region (In Russ.), Neft' i Kapital, 2003, no. 5(12), pp. 9–13.
More or to buy article
The performance of drilling fluid depends not only on the composition and concentration of its components, but also on the results of complex physicochemical interactions between the fluid and the wellbore. Such interactions are based on the specifications of the geological section. Also, their nature and intensity are influenced by technology and drilling equipment. Our aim was the research on finely dispersed solid contents (solids) and the way they affect drilling mud. The article presents the results of detailed study of solids in the drilling fluid. Actual geological and technical factors and their influence on the mineral, grain distribution and concentration were examined. Estimation of the solid contents impact to drilling fluid functionality is given. The analysis was carried out taking into account the practical experience of drilling production wells in terrigenous productive deposits in Eastern Siberia. Solids mainly consist of carbonate rock particles. In addition, solids contain particles of quartz, anhydrite, and clay minerals. Mineral composition of solids and the way it changes during drilling generally corresponds to the accepted geological and geophysical information about the section. The relative percentage of carbonate solids in the drilling fluid while drilling in terrigenous sediments slightly decreases to the well bottom and depends on the profile of well. The content of quartz, anhydrite and clay minerals increases moderately with deepening of the well. The mineral composition of solids is influenced by the geological section, the profile of the well and the type of applied rock-cutting tool. The sizes, primarily the maximum ones, and the concentration of solids depend on the removal section equipment and the technology of preparation and application of drilling mud. It is shown in the Eastern Siberia the mineralogical composition of solids is inert to the drilling fluid. The grain distribution and quantitative content of solids can have a negative impact on the functionality of drilling fluid.DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2021-2-62-66
More or to buy article
The most important way to fulfill the Republic of Uzbekistan's demand for energy raw materials is to increase oil and gas production. This needs oil and gas industry growth, increasing the amount of drilling, developing equipment and technology for drilling oil and gas wells. The cumulative experience has shown that oil and gas wells in Uzbekistan's Bukhara-Khiva Basin are primarily located in areas where drilling conditions are difficult. The most complicated is absorption of flushing liquid, loss of well wall stability, narrowing of borehole because of swelling of clayey rocks, manifestation of highly mineralized water-rapes from saline and anhydrite deposits, clamping of drilling tools and violation of natural permeability of productive formations. As a result, the technical and economic indicators of drilling are significantly deteriorating, and the material costs and working time associated with the elimination of complications of the wiring process are increasing. The absorption of drilling and plugging solutions are among the most common and time-consuming problems in the construction of oil and gas wells, the elimination of which takes a significant amount of time, costly materials and calendar time.
The article considers the composition of drilling fluid to prevent complications associated with the absorption of flushing liquids. The results of laboratory research on the development of drilling fluid composition to prevent complications associated with the absorption of flushing fluids, as well as data obtained from the study of their technological parameters. Dry polymeric filler and filler based on rice mixed fodder are proposed to be used as clogging material. The developed composition of drilling liquid has passed laboratory tests in the production conditions of Uzburneftegaz and is recommended for industrial testing.
1. Ivachev L.M., Bor'ba s pogloshcheniyami promyvochnoy zhidkosti pri burenii geologo-razvedochnykh skvazhin (Circulation-loss control while drilling exploration wells), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1982, 293 p.
2. Komilov T.O., Sanetullaev E.E., Umedov Sh.Kh., Experimental studies of fluid fluids preventing complications arising in the process of drilling oil and gas wells (In Russ.), Tekhnologii nefti i gaza, 2019, no. 1, pp. 42–44.
3. Makhamatkhozhaev D.R., Komilov T.O., Yusufkhuzhaev S.A., Rakhmatov Sh.D., The results of drilling a wellbore in the Uchkyzyl area under conditions of absorption of drilling mud (In Russ.), Tekhnologii nefti i gaza, 2019, no. 4, pp. 51–56.
4. Makhamatkhozhaev D.R., Komilov T.O., Rakhmatov Sh.D., Sanetullaev E.E., Development of drilling solution for exploration of productive horizons on deposits of the Fergana oil and gas area (In Russ.), Tekhnologii nefti i gaza, 2018, no. 6, pp. 36–41.
5. Umedov III.X., Komilov T.O., Sanetullaev E.E., Issledovanie osobennostey truktury i komponentov promyvochnykh zhidkostey (Study of the structural features and components of flushing fluids),Collected papers “Bulatovskie chteniya”, Proceedings of II International Scientific and Practical Conference, 2018, V. 7, pp. 315–317.
6. Fayziev Kh.D., Makhamatkhozhaev D.R., Aminov O.A., Nefteemul'sionnyy mineralizovannyy burovoy rastvor dlya preduprezhdeniya nabukhaniya glinistykh porod v produktivnykh plastakh (Oil-based mineralized drilling mud to prevent swelling of clay rocks in productive formations), Collected papers “Vysokie tekhnologii i perspektivy integratsii obrazovaniya, nauki i proizvodstva” (High technologies and prospects for the integration of education, science and production), Proceedings of International Scientific and Practical Conference, Tashkent, 2006, V. 1, pp. 251–254.
7. Agaev M.Kh., Rzaev A.A., Ambartsumova D.T., Issledovanie zakuporivayushchey sposobnosti inertnykh napolniteley v nepronitsaemykh treshchinovatykh porodakh (Study of the plugging ability of inert fillers in impermeable fractured rocks), Proceedings of AzNIPIneft', 1976, V. 39, pp. 60–63.
8. Bulatov A.I., Pravda o tamponazhnykh tsementakh: Issledovanie i praktika primeneniya (The truth about oil well cements: Research and application practice), Pert 1, Krasnodar: Prosveshchenie-Yug Publ., 2010, 1012 p.
9. Umedov Sh.Kh., Sovershenstvovanie promyvochnykh zhidkostey dlya vskrytiya produktivnykh plastov (Improvement of drilling fluids for opening productive formations), Tashkent: Fan va texnologiya Publ., 2015, 120 p.10. Umedov Sh.Kh., Effective composition of washing fluid on base the waste products when opening the productive horizon, European Applied Sciences, 2015, no. 12, pp. 52–53.
More or to buy article
|OIL FIELD DEVELOPMENT & EXPLOITATION|
The major volume (62 %) of the current recoverable reserves at the RN-Uvatneftegas fields is confined to the Tyumen formation, while a significant portion is concentrated in areas with poor reservoir properties. Thus, at the Severo-Tyamkinskoye field, when developing oil reservoirs with permeability of less than 2·10-3 μm2 by directional wells with hydraulic fracturing, low startup rates and high decline rates were observed, as well as lack of any effect from applying a waterflooding system with directional wells used as injectors. Horizontal well patterns in combination with multi-stage hydraulic fracturing are an economic technology for the development of hard-to-recover reserves. The feasibility of drilling horizontal wells with multistage hydraulic fracturing in low-permeable reservoirs at the fields of RN-Uvatneftegas has been confirmed by pilot projects and results of a detailed sector flow simulation model runs (over 300 feasibility runs) which reproduced the typical properties of low-permeable reservoirs of the Tyumen formation. The flow simulation model runs and the pilot operations are used to roll out the HW systems with multistage hydraulic fracturing within the Tyumen formation reservoirs. As of January 1, 2020, 53 horizontal well with multi-stage hydraulic fracturing were drilled in the Tyumen formation reservoirs (J2, J3, J14, J24) at the fields of RN-Uvatneftegas with permeability ranging from 0.2·10-3 to 2·10-3 μm2. The actual well operation confirmed the theoretical conclusions: the average startup parameters of horizontal wells are more than twice as high, while horizontal wells are, on average, started up at lower drawdowns. The decline rates of horizontal and directional wells are comparable, an increase in the length of a horizontal section and the number of frac jobs leads to an increase in the startup rates and overall productivity of horizontal wells. With comparable decline rates and high start-up oil rates, the expected oil production from horizontal wells significantly exceeds that of directional wells.
1. Chusovitin A.A., Gnilitskiy R.A., Smirnov D.S. et al., Evolution of engineering solutions on the development of Tyumen suite oil reserves on an example of Krasnoleninskoye oilfield (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2016, no. 5, pp. 54–58.
2. Patrakov D.P., Plitkina Yu.A., Glebov A.S., Development experience of low permeable reservoirs of Tyumen suite of Krasnoleninskoye field RN-Nyaganneftegas JSC (In Russ.), Neftyanaya provintsiya, 2019, no. 2, pp. 72–100.
3. Ovcharov V.V., Ovcharova L.P., Updating number of frac stages for horizontal wells producing from low-permeability reservoir in Vikulov formation on Kamenny license block (In Russ.), Neftyanaya provintsiya, 2020, no. 2(22), pp. 59–72.
More or to buy article
In recent years, in the Republic of Bashkortostan there has been a decrease in oil production from reservoirs, due to a high degree of development of reserves, mainly confined to terrigenous reservoirs. In the last century the main oil production came from sand reservoirs. With the depletion of terigenic reservoirs, carbonate reservoirs were actively brought into development in the Republic of Bashkortostan. Now the main potentially recoverable reserves is concentrated in carbonate reservoirs. In this regard, one of the priority areas of work in the oil industry of the region is increasing the efficiency of developing carbonate reservoirs. The main way to increase and intensify production and maintain the rate of decline in base production in carbonate reservoirs is to carry out hydrochloric acid treatments of wells. To date there are various modifications of the hydrochloric acid treatment technology. There are a lot of modern hydrochloric acid treatment technologies with wide range of applications, so a mechanism is needed to determine the best technology, which would be defined as “obviously successful” to remove all technological and economic risks in case of unsuccessful processing.
The article presents a retrospective analysis of the standard hydrochloric acid treatment of one of oil reservoir in the Republic of Bashkortostan. Using this analysis results an algorithm is developed that combines the stages of geological and technological selection of wells for acid treatment. The application of this algorithm helps to determine a number of wells, the processing of which will be successful with a high degree of probability in elaborated technological conditions.
1. Antipin Yu.V., Lysenkov A.V., Karpov A.A. et al., Intensification of an oil recovery from highly watered carbonate reservoirs (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2007, no. 5, pp. 96–98.
2. Ganiev Sh.R., Lysenkov A.V., About classification of carbonate reservoir and its significance in selection of treating to the oil reservoirs (In Russ.), Neftegazovoe delo, 2017, V. 15, no. 3, pp. 28−32.
3. Buryachok S.A., Malygin A.V., Yutyaev M.A., Efficient technology of directional acidizing of carbonate reservoirs (In Russ.), Neftegazovaya vertikal', 2014, no. 20, pp. 31−34.
4. Khabibullin A.F., Lysenkov A.V., Prospects for acid hydraulic fracturing in the fields of the Republic of Bashkortostan (In Russ.), Molodoy uchenyy, 2017, no. 22, pp. 217–221.
5. Lysenkov A.V., Povyshenie effektivnosti kombinirovannogo solyanokislotnogo vozdeystviya pri razrabotke obvodnennykh karbonatnykh kollektorov (Increasing the efficiency of combined hydrochloric acid treatment in the development of watered carbonate reservoirs): thesis of candidate of technical science, Ufa, 2009.
6. Lysenkov A.V., Bayazitova V.R., Results of regression analysis of the efficiency of hypanic acid treatments of bottomhole zones of wells in the Kizelovsky horizon of the Kopey-Kubovsky field (In Russ.), Neftegazovoe delo, 2009, V. 7, no. 1, pp. 57–61.
7. Zeygman Yu.V. et al., Some aspects of an acidizing technology choice to enhance oil production (In Russ.), Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy, 2017, no. 6, pp. 44–50.
8. Mukhametshin V.V., Nauchno-metodicheskie osnovy sistemnogo gelogo - tekhnologicheskogo obosnovaniya povysheniya effektivnosti upravleniya i ispol'zovaniya resursnoy bazy zhidkikh uglevodorodov v usloviyakh izmeneniya struktury zapasov nefti (Scientific and methodological foundations of a systemic gel – technological justification for improving the efficiency of management and use of the resource base of liquid hydrocarbons in the context of a change in the structure of oil reserves): thesis of doctor of technical science, Ufa, 2018.
More or to buy article
When saline reservoirs are flooded with low-mineralized water in the near-well zone of producing wells, conditions may arise for intra-reservoir precipitation of solid salt sediment NaCl, which leads to colmatation of the pore space, reducing the permeability and productivity of wells. The effects of self-colmatation due to the precipitation of NaCl salt sediment in the pore space during flooding of salinized strata with low-salinity water is characteristic of a number reservoirs in Eastern Siberia. A mathematical model is proposed that allows us to calculate the technogenic change in reservoir permeability due to the deposition of solid NaCl particles, initiated by the effect of oversaturation of the filtered salt solution due to water evaporation at the border with the gas phase when the pressure decreases below the saturation pressure in the oil-gas system. It is shown that the intense precipitation of solid salt sediment and the corresponding damage of the reservoir permeability occur at a distance of ~ 1 m from the borehole wall. In the remote part of the near-wellbore zone and in the interwell space, the influence of this process on filtration flows in the formation can be neglected. Calculated model dependences of the dynamics of changes in the normalized permeability on the wellbore wall and the skin factor at different values of the reaction rate of the formation of solid sediment from a salt solution are obtained. The results of the assessment of the parameters of the technologically damage near-wellbore zone are basic information for the preparation of designs of effective geological and technological measures to restore the productivity of wells. In particular, they allow determining the optimal volume for flushing the near-wellbore zone with fresh water and correctly planning the timing of its implementation.
1. Vinogradov I.A., Zagorovskiy A.A., Grinchenko V.A., Gordeev Ya.I., Investigation of desalination process in the development of saline clastic reservoirs of Verkhnechonskoye field (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2013, no. 1, pp. 74–77.
2. Kashchavtsev V.E., Mishchenko I.T., Soleobrazovanie pri dobyche nefti (Salt formation in oil production), Moscow: Orbita-M Publ., 2004, 432 p.
3. Chertovskikh E.O., Alekseev S.V., Problems of oil and gas production associated with gypsum depositing in the Verkhnechonskoye oil and gas condensate field (In Russ.), SPE-171311-RU, 2014.
4. Tsypkin G.G., Techeniya s fazovymi perekhodami v poristykh sredakh (Phase transition flows in porous media), Moscow: FIZMATLIT, 2009, 232 p.
5. Gaydukov L.A., Nikolaev V.A., Vorob'ev V.S., Features of water and process fluids effect on filtration properties of terrigenous reservoirs of the Nepa suite of Eastern Siberia, SPE-187880-MS, 2017, https://doi.org/10.2118/187880-MS
6. Petrushevskiy E.I., Evaporation of residual water in gas strata during isothermal filtration (In Russ.), Izvestiya vuzov, 1965, no. 11, pp. 22–25.
7. Verigin N.N., Sherzhukov B.S., Diffuziya i massoobmen pri fil'tratsii zhidkostey v poristykh sredakh (Diffusion and mass transfer in liquid filtration in porous media), In: Razvitie issledovaniy po teorii fil'tratsii v SSSR (Development of researches on the theory of filtration in the USSR), Moscow: Nauka Publ., 1966, pp. 237-313.
8. Bogdanov A.V., Ismayilov T.A., Estimation of dissolution velocity for halite in open volume and in porous medium (In Russ.), Vesti gazovoy nauki, 2017, no. 2 (30), pp. 208–213.
9. Grinchenko V.A., Povyshenie effektivnosti razrabotki zapasov nefti v zasolonennykh kollektorakh (Improving the efficiency of developing oil reserves in saline reservoirs): thesis of candidate of technical science, Tyumen, 2013.
More or to buy article
|OIL FIELD EQUIPMENT|
Chemical composition of deposition from production well of Piltun-Astokhskoye oil field (Sakhalin-2 project) was investigated. Deposition was taken during planned well maintenance. It was found that deposition consisted of water, organic and inorganic parts. It is shown that along with carbonates and sulfates of alkaline earth metals (barium and strontium), the inorganic part contains hardly soluble magnesium silicate. In the organic part, polymer components were identified, as well as carbon and molybdenum lubricants. To identify the nature of polymers and other organic compounds insoluble in toluene (polymers and lubricants), the method of pyrolytic chromatography-mass spectrometry was used. The concentration of the polymers and their average molecular weight were determined by high performance liquid chromatography with an ultraviolet detector at a wavelength of 200 nm. Polymers with a structure similar to polyacrylic acid were identified in the deposition samples from pyrograms and total mass spectra. The dependence of the chemical composition of deposition on the depth at which they were found is shown. At great depths, the deposits are enriched in barium and strontium sulfates; with decreasing depth, calcium carbonate (calcite) begins to prevail in the deposits. The solubility of deposition in various solvents was studied; it was shown that acidic solvents well dissolve depositioò in which carbonates predominate, but do not dissolve barium and strontium sulfates, as well as molybdenum salts, which are effectively removed by a 50% solution of the Scale Cure® reagent (scale dissolver). The results obtained were used to optimize the treatment of production wells with scale dissolvers and scale inhibitors.
1. Polyakova N.V., Zadorozhnyy P.A., Trukhin I.S. et al., Determination of the chemical composition of formation and sea waters, inorganic deposits sampled at oilfield platform MOLIQPAK (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2018, no. 4, pp. 43–47.
2. Markin A.N., Sukhoverkhov S.V., Zadorozhny P.A. et al., Measurement and calculation of polymeric scale inhibitor concentration in water, Int. J. Corros. Scale Inhib., 2018, V. 7, no. 2, pp. 250–259.
More or to buy article
The actual results of improving the mechanized well stock's management efficiency at the mitigation response in well operation are shown. Four oil production regions in Russia are considered: Western Siberia, Ural-Volga region, Eastern Siberia and the Far East, and Southern region. Problems during wells operation are classified into ten main categories: scaling, corrosion activity, erosive activity, solids, wax deposition, gas-hydrate deposits, high-viscosity oils and emulsion, reservoir temperature, high gas-oil ratio. The comparative characteristic of effectiveness of protective measures carried out by the Rosneft Oil Company in 2019 is presented under downhole hazard for all complicated factors categories, broken down by production region. As the example of one of the most prevailing complicating factors corrosion activity is regarded. Developed by Rosneft Oil Company, technologies for anti-corrosion protection of downhole equipment show effectiveness of 93%. These technologies are based on a modern comprehensive approach, including: using the rational design by increasing the chemical resistance of structural materials; the passive method protection based on the isolation the metal surface from an aggressive environment; reducing the corrosiveness environment with chemical reagents; an active method protection with protector that assumes the role of sacrificial anodes are described. The article’s materials are presented according to the Information System Mekhfond of Rosneft Oil Company, which is a unique tool in realizing the unifying goal the monitoring and management the mechanized well stock's management, and based on Company’s developments and innovative algorithms for calculating equipment. The presented results are analytical in nature and allow determining priority measures to protect downhole equipment from complicating factors of corrosion activity at the design and operation stages.
1. Kosilov, D.A. Mironov, D.V. Naumov I.V., Mekhfond corporate system: achieved results, medium-term and long-term perspectives (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2018, no. 11, pp. 70–73.
2. Garifulin A.R., Slivka P.I., Gabdulov R.R., “Smart wells“ - System of automated control over oil and gas production (In Russ.), Neftʹ. Gaz. Novatsii, 2017, no. 12, pp. 24–32.
3. Kosilov D.A., Improving the efficiency of the management of the mechanical well stock in the current macroeconomic conditions (In Russ.), Inzhenernaya praktika, 2015, no. 12, pp. 8–11.
4. Topolʹnikov A.S., Prediction of complications in the operation of mechanized wells using the RosPump program (In Russ.), Inzhenernaya praktika, 2014, no. 2, pp. 48–53.
5. PK no. P1-01.05 R-0411. Trebovaniya po klassifikatsii prichin otkazov i poryadok rassledovaniya otkazov vnutriskvazhinnogo oborudovaniya mekhanizirovannogo fonda skvazhin (Requirements for the classification of the causes of failures and the procedure for investigating failures of downhole equipment of a mechanized well stock), Moscow; Rosneft' OJSC, 2018.
6. Ishmiyarov E.R., Daminov A.A., Voloshin A.I. et al., Experience in the selection of solvents for removing scale deposits from oil wells with tubing made of steel containing 13% chromium (In Russ.), Inzhenernaya praktika, 2018, no. 11, pp. 26–32.
7. Presnyakov A.Yu., Khakimov A.M., Voloshin A.I. et al., Justification of technologies selected to protect difficult production wells (In Russ.), Ekspozitsiya Neft' Gaz, 2017, no. 7(60), pp. 45–47.
More or to buy article
|OIL TRANSPORTATION & TREATMENT|
Today, to increase oil recovery, waterflooding technologies are actively used. Emulsions that are formed when oil and water move along the wellbore and pipelines are especially stable in the case of oils with a high content of resin-asphaltene components. Therefore, the development of new technologies for the dehydration of highly resinous oil is very relevant; hence the optimal conditions of oil treatment are important for the use of physical methods of water-oil emulsion treatment.
This work deals with the study of the effect of time, temperature, and intensity of ultrasonic treatment on the stability of model and native emulsions. A mixture containing 80% of solution of petroleum paraffin in kerosene (6 % wt), 10 % of distilled water and 10 % of highly resinous oil is used as a model emulsion. The model emulsion is prepared by mixing the components at the temperature 20 °C for 10 min. The native emulsion contains 19% of formation water. Ultrasonic treatment of emulsions is carried out at the field frequency 22 kHz, intensities 2, 6 and 18 W/cm2 for 1–15 min at the bath temperature 0 and 20 °C. The consequences of ultrasonic treatment are evaluated by the amount of released water (‘bottle test’ method) and the water content in the oil layer (Russian National Standard GOST 2477-65). An AXIO LAB.A1 Carl Zeiss optical microscope is used for examination of the microstructure of emulsions. It is shown that a low-frequency ultrasound (22 kHz) promotes demulsification of the model emulsion at the optimal parameters of ultrasonic treatment: bath temperature 20 °C, time 10 min, field intensity 18 W/cm2. The maximum dehydration of a stable native emulsion (up to 3% of residual water) is achieved at the lower field intensity (2 W/cm2). Low-frequency ultrasound treatment may be used for the development of a very promising technology of the crude water cut oil transport.
Acknowledgement. This work was supported by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation (Project No. 44.3.1).
1. Al-Otaibi M., Elkamel A., Al-Sahhaf T., Experimental investigation of crude oil desalting and dehydration, Chem. Eng. Commun., 2003, V. 190 (1), pp. 65–82, DOI: 10.1080/00986440302094.
2. Ezzati A., Gorouhi E., Mohammodi T., Separation of water in oil emulsions using microfiltration, Desalination, 2005, V. 185, pp. 371–382.
3. Diehl L.O., Moraes D.P., Antes F.G. et al., Separation of heavy crude oil emulsions using microwave radiation for further crude oil analysis, Sep. Sci. Technol, 2011, V. 46 (8), pp. 1358–1364, DOI: 10.1080/01496395.2011.560590.
4. Kovaleva L.A., Minnigalimov R.Z., Zinnatullin R.R. et al., Study of integrated effects microwave electromagnetic radiation in the field of centrifugal forces on the water-oil emulsion (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2017, no. 2, pp. 100–103.
5. Mordvinova Yu.N., Loskutova Yu.V., Vliyanie usloviy nizkochastotnogo akusticheskogo vozdeystviya na stabil'nost' vodoneftyanykh emul'siy (Influence of conditions of low-frequency acoustic exposure on the stability of oil-water emulsions), Proceedings of International Workshop "Multiscale Biomechanics and Tribology of Inorganic and Organic Systems", Tomsk, 2019, p. 756, DOI: 10.17223/9785946218412/521, URL: http://vital.lib.tsu.ru/vital/access/manager/Repository/vtls:000670596,
6. Ye G., Lu X., Peng F. et al., Pretreatment of crude oil by ultrasonic electric united desalting and dewatering, Chin. J. Chem. Eng., 2008, V. 16, pp. 564–569.
7. Ye G., Lu X., Han P., Shen X., Desalting and dewatering of crude oil in ultrasonic standing wave field, J. Petrol. Sci. Eng., 2010, V. 70, pp. 140–144.
8. Schoeppel R.J., Howard A.W., Effect of ultrasonic irradiation on coalescence and separation of crude oil-water emulsions, SPE-1507-MS, 1966, https://doi.org/10.2118/1507-MS.
9. Nii S., Kikumoto S., Tokuyama H., Quantitative approach to ultrasound emulsion separation, Ultrason. Sonochem., 2009, V. 16, pp. 145–149.
10. Nasiri H.G., Demulsification of gas oil/water emulsion via high-intensity ultrasonic standing wave, J. Dispersion Sci. Technol., 2013, V. 34, pp. 483–489.
11. Gardner E.A., Apfel R.E., Using acoustics to study and stimulate the coalescence of oil drops surrounded by water, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 1993, V. 159, pp. 226–237.
12. Yang X.-G., Tan W., Tan X.-F., Demulsification of crude oil emulsion via ultrasonic chemical method, Petrol. Sci. Technol., 2009, V. 27, pp. 2010–2020.
13. Antes F.G., Diehl L.O., Pereira J.S.F. et al., Feasibility of low frequency ultrasound for water removal from crude oil emulsions, Ultrason. Sonochem., 2017, V. 35, pp. 541–546.14. Volkova G.I., Yudina N.V., Effect of resin-asphaltene substances on the stability of inverted emulsions, AIP Conference Proceeding, 2018, V. 2051, pp. 020323, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5083566
More or to buy article
The article considers the influence of the viscosity of the pumped liquid on the efficiency of centrifugal pumps. The importance of taking into account changes in the energy characteristics of a centrifugal pump during the transportation of viscous liquids is shown. It is known that when transporting liquids with low viscosity, the efficiency of a centrifugal pump decreases significantly due to an increase in disk friction losses, since changes in viscosity primarily affect disk losses and hydraulic resistances in the channels of the impeller. In this regard, when pumping viscous oil, the power consumed by the pump increases sharply, and the efficiency is significantly reduced. It is noted that most of the currently existing methods for converting the characteristics of centrifugal pumps (including the efficiency coefficient) from water to viscous liquids are based on experimental work on the direct study of the characteristics of centrifugal pumps and these methods use experimental coefficients for converting the supply, head and efficiency of the pump. These methods are correct for certain pump sizes and certain experimentally studied viscosity ranges and do not allow to develop recommendations for reducing the negative impact of viscosity on the efficiency of centrifugal pumps. Based on previous studies, it is shown that an increase in the viscosity of the pumped liquid primarily affects the disk losses and hydraulic resistances in the channels of the impeller. The influence of disk losses on the efficiency of the pump is considered. Proposals have been developed to determine the pressure reduction during pumping of a viscous liquid, taking into account disk losses.
1. Baykov I.R., Trofimov A.Yu., Ziyatdinov R.R., Increase of energy efficiency pumping units (In Russ.), Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov, 2018, no. 4, pp. 53–59.
2. Pekin S.S., Yangulov P.L., The analysis of correction factors of recalculation characteristic of electrical submersible pump at influence viscosity of a produced fluid (In Russ.), Ekspozitsiya Neft' Gaz, 2013, no. 2, pp. 68–69.
3. Ayzenshteyn M.D., Tsentrobezhnye nasosy dlya neftyanoy promyshlennosti (Centrifugal pumps for the oil industry), Moscow: Gosudarstvennoe nauchno-tekhnicheskoe izdatel'stvo neftyanoy i gorno-toplivnoy literatury Publ., 1957, 364 p.
4. Kolpakov L.G., Tsentrobezhnye nasosy magistral'nykh nefteprovodov (Centrifugal pumps for main oil pipelines), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1985, 184 p.
5. Vasil'ev I.E., Kitaev D.I., Korotkikh E.P., Maslova T.O., Influence of the viscosity of the pumped medium on the characteristics of main oil pumps (In Russ.), Molodoy uchenyy, 2017, no. 9, pp. 42–45.
6. Kitaev D.I., Raschet neftyanogo nasosa i postroenie rabochey kharakteristiki (Calculation of the oil pump and construction of the operating characteristic), Voronezh, Publ. of Voronezhskiy SASU, 2015, 66 p.
7. Karaev M.A., Azizov A.G., Ragimov A.M., Rzaeva G.G., Rabota tsentrobezhnykh nasosov na vyazkikh zhidkostyakh (Operation of centrifugal pumps on viscous liquids), Baku: Publ. of ASPA, 2005, 175 p.
8. Perevoshchikov S.I., Konstruktsiya tsentrobezhnykh nasosov (Centrifugal pump design), Tyumen': Publ. of TyumSOGU, 2013, 228 p.
9. Ivanovskiy V.N., Sabirov A.A., Degovtsov A.V. et al., Design and research of dynamic pump stages, Moscow: Gubkin Unitersity, 2014, 124 p.
10. Mikhaylov A.K., Malyushenko V.V., Konstruktsii i raschet tsentrobezhnykh nasosov vysokogo davleniya (Design and calculation of high pressure centrifugal pumps), Moscow: Mashinostroenie Publ., 1971, 304 p.
11. Pfleiderer C., Centrifugal pump for liquids and gases, Berlin, Germany, 1961.
12. Bazhaykin S.G., Bagmanov A.A., Mikheev A.S., On the influence of the viscosity of the pumped medium and the width of the channels of the impeller of centrifugal pumps on the pressure characteristic (In Russ.), Nasosy i Oborudovanie, 2014, no. 6, pp. 80–82.
More or to buy article
|ENVIRONMENTAL & INDUSTRIAL SAFETY|
One of the most important priorities and results of industrial safety is reduction of the number, and in marginal state total absence, of major incidents at production with grave negative effects first of all on human life and health, environment and, what is important, on business. For determination of priority measures with the purpose of industrial incidents prevention, the classification and analysis means have been applied for industrial incidents related to integrity damage of protective shell, so called Process Safety Events (PSE) and method of risk assessment and evaluation Bow Tie Diagram. As the baselines for analysis and research we used the results of PSE-1 and PSE-2 level incidents investigation which had taken place at the Rosneft’s hazardous production facility in 2019 and in 1st half year of 2020. The research was carried out in 2 stages. First one was an attribution of direct and system causes of PSE-1 and PSE-2 to preventive and responsive barriers (risk management measures) and determination of deficiencies barriers or omissions in which most frequently lead to production major incidents. Second stage was seasonal analysis of the most major incidents (PSE-1) and revealing the connection between the total number of incidents and the number of the most major incidents, classified as PSE-1.
Results of the performed researches and calculations let us make several conclusions, having practical value. Target achievement of the major incidents reduction and diminishment of their consequences gravity is provided with the measures different from those directed to reduction of the total failure rate and increase of operational availability. Application of the barrier approach to the major incidents causes analysis, allowed us to determine priority measures, execution of which intentionally influences the frequency and gravity of production major incidents. It was established absence of any significant connection between the number of major incidents (PSE-1 and
PSE-2) and their total quantity (PSE).
The proposed assessment and evaluation methodology has potential for development in terms of development and application of more detailed “bow tie” diagrams applicable to the most frequently repeated types of incidents, as well as applicable to other types of incidents such as motor-vehicle, works at heights, electric safety etc.
1. Kulagin V.A., Sivokon' I.S., Pronina E.S. et al., Experience of introducing PSER indicators as a tool to manage process safety (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 11, pp. 68–71.
2. ANSI/API RP 754. Process safety performance indicators for the refining and petrochemical industries, URL: https://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-gas/health-and-safety/refinery-and-plant-safety/process-safety/p...
3. OGP Report no. 456 "Proizvodstvennaya bezopasnost' – Prakticheskie rekomendatsii po osnovnym pokazatelyam effektivnosti" (Occupational Safety - Practical Guidelines for Key Performance Indicators), URL: https://www.api.org/oil-andnatural-gas / health-and-safety / refinery-and-plant-safety / process-safety / process-safety-standards / rp-754
4. Bow ties risk management: A concept book for process safety, by CCPS, John Wiley & Sons, ISBN: 978-1-119-49039-5, 2018, 224 p.5. Lutchman Ch., Evans D., Ghanem W., Maharaj R., Fundamentals of an operationally excellent management system, USA, Boca Roton: CRC Press, 2015, 456 p.
More or to buy article
|HISTORY OF OIL INDUSTRY|
More or to buy article