More or to buy article
Currently, research and technology play a key role in the successful response of oil and gas companies to strategic challenges and economic requirements in the energy field. Technological innovation is the most important factor in the oil and gas industry, from exploration to hydrocarbon processing. It includes the stages of research, improvement and distribution of relevant products, processes and technologies. Using new technological developments, creating and commercializing new products, applying innovative production processes, the domestic oil and gas industry is able to effectively solve problems regarding its competitiveness. The key direction underlying the implementation of all types of strategic technology-oriented activities within the framework of the implementation of the company's sustainable development strategy is the strengthening of the role of innovation in technology management, both at the enterprise level and in the engineering (service) departments of the company. Innovation plays a significant role in supporting long-term R&D activities and is making an increasing contribution to the implementation of engineering functions and activities within specific investment projects. In this regard, the effective integration of experience gained from tactical engineering functions with the definition of long-term R&D functions should contribute to the main contribution to the profit obtained both in the short and long term. Numerous innovative studies have allowed us to obtain deep and ambitious knowledge regarding the innovation process itself. However, a number of complex methodological and practical problems related to the creation of a corporate structure for managing innovative processes have not yet been resolved. The main difficulties are in a comprehensive assessment of innovative proposals and the commercialization of R&D in the face of risk and uncertainty, as part of relevant innovative projects.
1. Buliskeriya G.N., Sinel'nikov A.A., Management of innovation processes in oil and gas complex (In Russ.), Neft', gaz i biznes, 2014, no. 3, pp. 25–31.
2. Sinel'nikov A.A., Concept of the system of forecast-analytical provision of a comprehensive assessment of scientific and technical priorities of integrated engineering solution (In Russ.), Neft', gaz i biznes, 2013, no. 12, pp. 17–22.
3. Sinel'nikov A.A., Methodological grounds of formation of innovative projects portfolio (In Russ.), Problemy ekonomiki i upravleniya neftegazovym kompleksom, 2014, no. 2, pp. 4–8.
4. Andreev A.F., Buliskeriya G.N., Burykina E.V., Risk and uncertainty in applied problems of oil and gas economy (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 5, pp. 30–33.
More or to buy article
The article consider the formation conditions of reservoirs of the pay zones B5. Productive pay zone B5 is characterized by high poro-perm properties of Vendian-Lower Cambrian sediments of the Nepa-Botuobinsky anteclise of the Siberian platform of Rosneft Oil Company. Based on lithological studies of core samples and petrophysical materials, it was established that carbonation rocks of the Lower Ustkut horizon were salinized during the sedimentogenesis and diagenesis stages. This salinization was regional and afacial in nature. The lithogenesis of sedimentary cover rocks and, first of all, sediments of the Nepa Formation of the Vendian was accompanied by elizion processes during the transition of clay sediments to mudstones. At the stage of transformation of clay deposits into mudstones during compaction, buried free and physically bound water is removed from them. The migration of these fluids is determined by the structure of the rigid crystalline basement. An important role in the direction of movement of deep fluids is played by erosion protrusions in the foundation and features of the structural restructuring of the sedimentary cover within them. When reconstructing the conditions of lithogenesis, it was found that, as clay deposits become denser, water is squeezed into permeable sandy beds, in which the fluid will be lateral and directed towards the protrusions due to their geomorphological features. Within the protrusions themselves, increasing pore pressure will lead to subvertical fluid migration. In the process of vertical fluid migration, the elution solutions, reaching the level of salinized dolomites of the B5 layer directly above the ledges of the foundation, will dissolve, first of all, halite. Thus, the formation of reservoirs with high poro-perm properties is a consequence of the local desalinization of carbonate rocks of the Vendian-Cambrian during the elizion processes of background lithogenesis. Studying and establishing the features of fluid migration associated with elizion and infiltration processes will open up new possibilities for predicting hydrocarbon deposits within the Nepa-Botuoba anteclise.
1. Nepsko-Botuobinskaya antekliza – novaya perspektivnaya oblast' dobychi nefti i gaza na Vostoke SSSR (Nepa-Botuoba anteclise - a new promising area of oil and gas in the East of the USSR), edited by Kontorovich A.E., Surkov V.S., Trofimuk A.A., Novosibirsk: Nauka Publ., 1986, 244 p.
2. Makhnach A.A., Stadial'nyy analiz litogeneza (Staged analysis of lithogenesis), Minsk: Publ. of BSU, 2000, 255 p.
3. Shefrman D.J., Origin of marine evaporates by diagenesis, Trans. Inst. Min. Met., 1966, V. 75B, pp. 208–215.
4. Kholodov V.N., Geokhimiya osadochnogo protsessa (Geochemistry of sedimentary process), Proceedings of Geological Institute of RAS, 2006, V. 574, 608 p.
5. Baranov V.A., Regularity of sedimentary rock compression (In Russ.), Geotekhn³chna mekhan³ka, 2013, V. 112, pp. 83–100.
6. Romanovskiy S.I., Sedimentologicheskie osnovy litologii (Sedimentological foundations of lithology), Leningrad: Nedra Publ., 1977, 408 p.
7. Kayachev N.F., Kolesov V.A., Kvachko S.K., Lithogenesis role in formation of zones with improved reservoir properties of subsalt carbonate sediments of Venda and Lower Cambrian (Eastern Siberia) (In Russ.), Vestnik PNIPU. Geologiya. Neftegazovoe delo = Perm Journal of Petroleum and Mining Engineering, 2016, V. 15, no. 20, pp. 216–231, http://dx.doi.org/10.15593/2224-9923/2016.20.2
8. Kayachev N.F., Nazarov D.V., Dadakin N.M. et al., O vedushchey roli faktora rassolivaniya v formirovanii uluchshennykh FES produktivnogo gorizonta B5 v elizionnuyu stadiyu preobrazovaniya karbonatnykh porod venda-kembriya Vostochnoy Sibiri (On the leading role of the desalination factor in the formation of improved reservoir properties of the B5 productive horizon in the elizion stage of the transformation of carbonate rocks of the Vendian-Cambrian of Eastern Siberia), In: Petrologiya magmaticheskikh i metamorficheskikh kompleksov (Petrology of magmatic and metamorphic complexes), V. 10, Pceeding of science meeting, Tomsk: Tomsk CSTI Publishing house, 2018, pp. 180–185.
More or to buy article
The majority of oil fields discovered in carbonates reservoirs are controlled by single and barrier organic buildups located in starved basins. Within the Republic of Bashkortostan new highly promising exploration areas can be identified through the study and analysis of trends and patterns in the development of reefs. Reefs and bioherms tend to both accumulate oil and gas and form draping structures for trapping hydrocarbons in the overlying deposits. Currently such build-ups are underexplored. In the case of 2D seismic lines are usually too sparse for identification and mapping of all such features hence additional thorough investigation of the regional geology is required before an exploration program can be formed with new recommendations.
The study presents the updated conceptual depositional model of the Late Frasnian to the Late Tournaisian. The analysis reveals the causes of carbonate sedimentation and formation of build-ups as well as trends in their development. The distribution of oil deposits controlled by organogenic buildups has been analyzed. Within the South-Tatar and Bashkir uplifts patterns of the distribution of organic buildups are noted. An analysis of the conditions of sedimentary cover formation in the Late Devonian era allowed us to determine the area of mass distribution of reefs and bioherms, as well as to identify unfavorable zones for the existence of carbonate buildups. The understanding of the patterns in the regional development of carbonate build-ups over time, their correlation with reservoirs and seals is useful in identification of new licensing and seismic exploration opportunities. It is also important while choosing oil deposits for drilling and refilling the hydrocarbon resource base.
1. Lozin E.V., Geologiya i neftenosnost' Bashkortostana (Geology and oil content of Bashkortostan), Ufa: Publ. of BashNIPIneft', 2015, 704 p.
2. Aliev M.M., Batanova G.P., Khachatryan R.O. et al., Devonskie otlozheniya Volgo-Ural'skoy neftegazonosnoy provintsii (Devonian sediments of the Volga-Ural oil and gas province), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1978, 216 p.
3. Kuznetsov V.G., Geologiya rifov i ikh neftegazonosnost' (Geology of reefs and its oil and gas potential), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1978, 304 p.
4. Syundyukov A.Z., Litologiya, fatsii i neftegazonosnost' karbonatnykh otlozheniy Zapadnoy Bashkirii (Lithology, facies and oil and gas potential of carbonate sediments of Western Bashkiria), Moscow: Nauka Publ., 1975, 176 p.5. Burikova T.V., Dushin A.S., Privalova O.R. et al., Petrophysical heterogeneity and associated lithotypes of carbonate reservoirs of Upper Devonian platform in the Republic of Bashkortostan (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2018, no. 6, pp. 42–45.
More or to buy article
Most of small oil fields in the South of Russia have complex unconventional fractured clay reservoirs in geological section. To justify the effectiveness of prospecting and exploration, it is necessary to characterize the petrophysical model of the reservoir properties in the productive Khadum-Batalpashinsk deposits. During certain processes, clay Oligocene rocks acquire effective porosity, become reservoirs with necessary filtration-capacitive properties, and are one of the reserves for expanding the mineral resource base. The study found that the thin pores of the matrix and the thin inter-plate and inter-sheet voids are filled with film, capillary and free water disconnected and immobile. Oil content in clays is in the form of films and lenses along lithogenetic cracks that develop along the planes of bedding of clays of various compositions. Oil mobility is provided by cracks with increased openness. The results of study of the paleogeographic conditions of sedimentation show that the productive stratum consists of two clay reservoir rocks different in reservoir properties. There is a tendency to form first, primarily, clay strata in the Khadum and then the Batalpashinsk strata with improved reservoir properties. A study of the lithological characteristics of Lower Maikop sediments allowed to conclude that there is a wide siderite formation of rocks, including clay, previously rated as ‘non-carbonate’. It was revealed that if the contrast of petrophysical parameters can serve as a criterion for the oil content of a section in a particular well, then the uniformity of the rocks composing it can serve as a criterion for determining the productivity of a particular interval. This feature confirms the fact of the influence of secondary physical and chemical processes, under the influence of which the leveling of the petrophysical parameters of the rocks occurs in accordance with the new thermodynamic conditions. The considered complex of geological, geophysical, and laboratory methods of searching for oil in clay deposits enables to increase the efficiency of exploration.
1. Gasumov R.A., Causes of fluid entry absence when developing wells of small deposits (on the example of Khadum-Batalpashinsky horizon) (In Russ.), Zapiski Gornogo instituta = Journal of Mining Institute, 2018, V. 234, pp. 630–636.
2. Aksakalova Yu.S., The main directions of the search for non-structural type traps in the Central and Eastern Ciscaucasia (In Russ.), Vestnik SevKavGTU, 2009, no. 3, pp. 6–11.
3. Gasumov R.A., The specifics of operating minor deposits (as given by the examples of gas condensate deposits of the Northern Caucasus) (In Russ.), Zapiski Gornogo instituta = Journal of Mining Institute, 2016, V. 220, pp. 556–563.
4. Gasumov R.A., Gridin V.A. Kopchenkov V.G. et al., Research of mining and geological conditions for geological exploration in Pre-Caucasian Region (In Russ.), Zapiski Gornogo instituta = Journal of Mining Institute, 2017, V. 228, pp. 654–661.
5. Gasumov R.A., Kerimov I.A., Kharchenko V.M., The influence of geological factors on the collecting properties of productive formations composed of fractured clay reservoirs while their drilling-in (In Russ.), Stroitel'stvo neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin na sushe i na more, 2018, no. 7, pp. 28–32.
6. Gasumov R.A., Kerimov I.A., Kharchenko V.M., Permeability of clay reservoirs of small deposits (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2018, no. 8, pp. 46–52.
7. Gasumov R.A., Substantiation of lower Maikop petroleum saturated claystone sections and their permeability (for example - some North Caucasus filds) (In Russ.), Neftegazovaya geologiya. Teoriya i praktika, 2018, no. 3, V. 13, https://doi.org/10.17353/2070-5379/31_ 2018.
8. Gasumov R.A., Selection and assessment of filtration-capacitive parameters for clay reservoirs (In Russ.), Nauka. Innovatsii. Tekhnologii, 2018, no. 2, pp. 115–126.
9. Gasumov R.A., Nelepov S.V., Nelepov M.V. et al., The influence of a formation geo-mechanical properties on the success of geological-technical measures when developing the fields of the Eastern Pre-Caucasus (In Russ.), Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy, 2017, no. 11, pp. 59–65.
10. Gasumov R.A., Gasumov E.R., Geological factors influence on oilwells flooding at small fields (In Russ.), Nauka. Innovatsii. Tekhnologii, 2019, no. 4, pp. 8–18.
More or to buy article
The paper is aimed at the one-dimensional petroleum system modeling in a well section of the Tolonskoye gas-condensate field. Tectonically, it is confined to the Khapchagai megalithic bank located in the central part of the Vilyui hemisyneclise. The modeling identifies burial and thermal history of the sediments in the Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic, quantitive evaluation of generation power and oil-window- and gas-window-entry time of the source rocks. According to the present research, the Kuonam source rock reached up to the oil window 449 Ma in the Katian age and gas window 410 Ma in the Pragian age. The Permian source rock top reached up to the oil window 249 Ma in the Olenekian age. The Permian source rock middle did to the gas window 258 Ma in the Wuchiapingian age. The Kuonam source rock had already been beyond the oil and gas windows by ending the sedimentation of the Nedzhelin and Monom seal rocks for the Upper Permian and Lower Triassic reservoirs. There was consequently no appropriate environment for the hydrocarbon accumulations generated by marine organic matter to be preserved. The Permian source rock top and middle are found to be in the oil and gas windows at the present time, respectively. The hydrocarbon accumulations principally generated by terrestrial organic matter can therefore be in the Upper Permian and Lower Triassic reservoirs. Maximum temperature values and rapid change in organic matter maturity in the Late Permian and Early Triassic imply trap rocks in the sediments. Generation power of the Kuonam source rock and Permian source rock bottom is completely exhausted. The Permian source rock top, by comparison, is of significant generation capability. The generation balance of the source rocks is 18.942 BT of hydrocarbons (hydrocarbon equivalent), with the Permian source rock contribution being essential. The remaining source rock potential is 5.187 BT of hydrocarbons (hydrocarbon equivalent). Complying with the initial commercial reserves of the Tolonskoye field the reservoir balance is up to 0.7 % in relation to the generation balance.
Acknowledgement. The reported study was funded by RFBR, project number 19-35-90039.
1. Kontorovich A.E., Leno-Vilyuyskiy basseyn (Lena-Vilyui basin), Neftegazonosnye basseyny i regiony Sibiri (Oil and gas basins and regions of Siberia), Novosibirsk: Publ. of SB of RAS, 1994, V. 4, 107 p.
2. Antsiferov A.S. et al., Geologiya nefti i gaza Sibirskoy platformy (Geology of oil and gas of the Siberian platform), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1981, 552 p.
3. Kontorovich A.E. et al., Neftegazogeologicheskoe rayonirovanie Sibirskoy platformy (utochnennaya versiya) (Oil and gas-geological zoning of the Siberian platform (updated version)), Collected papers “Nedropol'zovanie. Gornoe delo. Napravleniya i tekhnologii poiska, razvedki i razrabotki mestorozhdeniy poleznykh iskopaemykh. Geoekologiya” (Subsoil use. Mining. Directions and technologies for the search, exploration and development of mineral deposits. Geoecology), Proceedings of International Scientific Conference “Interekspo GEO-Sibir'-2017”, Novosibirsk, 17–21 April 2017, Part 1, Novosibirsk: Publ. of SGUGiT, 2017, pp. 57–64.
4. Devyatov V.P., Trushchelev A.M., Grinenko V.S., Triassic deposit stratigraphy of the verkhoyansk facial region (Central Yakutiya) (In Russ.), Geologiya i mineral'no-syr'evye resursy Sibiri, 2012, no. 2, pp. 24–37.
5. Tomilova N.N., Yurova M.P., Nizhnetriasovye vulkanogennye lovushki gaza Yakutii: genezis, stroenie kollektora, osobennosti (Lower Triassic volcanogenic gas traps in Yakutia: genesis, reservoir structure, features), Collected papers “Problemy resursnogo obespecheniya gazodobyvayushchikh rayonov Rossii do 2030 goda (Problems of resource provision of gas producing regions of Russia until 2030), Moscow: Publ. of Gazprom VNIIGAZ, 2012, pp. 208–216.
6. Bogorodskaya L.I., Kontorovich A.E., Larichev A.I., Kerogen: metody izucheniya, geokhimicheskaya interpretatsiya (Kerogen: methods of study, geochemical interpretation), Novosibirsk: Publ. of SB of RAS, 2005, 254 p.
7. Parfenova T.M. et al., Kerogen from the Cambrian deposits of the Kuonamka Formation (northeastern Siberian Platform) (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika = Russian Geology and Geophysics, 2010, V. 51, no. 3, pp. 353–363.
8. Fomin A.N. et al., Prognoz zon generatsii zhidkikh i gazoobraznykh uglevodorodov v tsentral'noy chasti Vilyuyskoy sineklizy (na primere sverkhglubokoy skvazhiny Srednevilyuyskaya 27) (Prediction of liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons generation areas in the central part of Viluy syneclise (through the example OF Srednevilyuiskaya-27 superdeep well)), Collected papers “Nedropol'zovanie. Gornoe delo. Napravleniya i tekhnologii poiska, razvedki i razrabotki mestorozhdeniy poleznykh iskopaemykh. Geoekologiya” (Subsoil use. Mining. Directions and technologies for the search, exploration and development of mineral deposits. Geoecology), Proceedings of International Scientific Conference “Interekspo GEO-Sibir'-2016”, Part 1, Novosibirsk, 18–22 April 2016, Novosibirsk: Publ. of SGUGiT, 2016, pp. 26–30.
10. PetroMod petroleum systems modeling, Schlumberger Information Solutions, 2011, 256 p.
11. Kutovaya A. et al., Thermal effects of magmatism on surrounding sediments and petroleum systems in the northern offshore Taranaki Basin, New Zealand, Geosciences, 2019, V. 9, URL: https://www.mdpi.com/2076-3263/9/7/288/htm
12. Polyakova I.D., Bogorodskaya L.I., Soboleva E.I., Transformations of the organic matter of coal deposits of the Vilyui syneclise at great depths (In Russ.), Geokhimiya neftegazonosnykh otlozheniy Sibiri, 1991, pp. 48–57.13. Tissot B.P., Welte D.H., Petroleum formation and occurrence, Berlin: Springer, 1984, 699 p.
More or to buy article
According to current experience of the Bazhenov formation developing in the West Siberian petroleum province it is evident that there are great prospects for oil recovery efforts in the region. They go along with the challenges of identifying producing intervals and the selection oil recovery methods. The aim of this work is to develop a mineral component model (MCM) to be used for identifying potential producing intervals in the Bazhenov formation.
Current approach to developing MCM involves usage of either a large set of well logging methods for complex MCMs which can make it more complicated to apply the model to a large set of wells due to fewer common well logs or the standard set of well logging methods which can make it impossible to develop a model with complex mineral composition. Moreover when tuning a volumetric mineralogical model with the standard set of well logging methods some errors related to normalization of neutron and gamma ray logs may occur. When a full set of well logs is not available it is proposed to use a two-step method which is based on developing a continuous model with a conditionally "extended" set of well logs with the petrophysical constants tuned to certain core macrocomponents in the first step and tuning a model developed with the standard set of well logs to the continuous model with a conditionally "extended" set of well logs in the second step. The process of highlighting of core macrocomponents is done in such a way so as to allow their identification on the available well logs and to be able to match the initial MCM with a linear combination of the macrocomponents. After the volume fraction MCM is obtained, the relationships between the mineralogical composition of rocks, their geomechanical and geochemical properties and well performance are established. Producing intervals are then identified by machine learning algorithms using the established relationships and the volume fraction MCM. The results obtained can be further used as input data for petro elastic modeling, seismic interpretation problems, as well as for forecasting the current oil-generating potential, the amount of hydrocarbons present in the pore space (both occluded and free), brittleness and productivity indices with further ability to forecast productive thicknesses.
1. Dakhnov V.N., Geofizicheskie metody opredeleniya kollektorskikh svoystv i neftegazonasyshcheniya gornykh porod (Geophysical methods for the determination of reservoir properties and oil and gas saturation of rocks), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1985, 310 p.
2. Merkulov V.P., Posysoev A.A., Otsenka plastovykh svoystv i operativnyy analiz karotazhnykh diagramm (Evaluation of reservoir properties and operational analysis of well logs), Tomsk: Publ. of TPU, 2004, 176 p.
3. Fizicheskie svoystva gornykh porod i poleznykh iskopaemykh (petrofizika). Spravochnik geofizika (Physical properties of rocks and minerals (petrophysics). Geophysics Reference): edited by Dortman N.B. Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1984, 455 p.
4. Biblioteka neobsazhennogo stvola (Open hole library), Ufa, 2017, URL: http://www.primegeo.ru/assets/files/bns.pdf
5. Kulyapin P.S., Razrabotka interpretatsionnoy ipetrouprugoy modeley porod-kollektorov mnogokomponentnogo sostava i slozhnoy struktury emkostnogo prostranstva (Development of interpretative and petroelastic models of reservoir rocks of multicomponent composition and complex structure of capacitive space): thesis of geological and mineralogical science, Moscow, 2016.
6. Dan'ko D.A., Razrabotka printsipov izucheniya netraditsionnykh glinistykh kollektorov na osnove petrouprugogo modelirovaniya i amplitudnoy inversii seysmicheskikh dannykh (Development of principles for the study of unconventional clay reservoirs based on petroelastic modeling and amplitude inversion of seismic data): thesis of candidate of technical science, Moscow, 2018.
8. Hartigan J.A., Wong M.A., A k-means clustering algorithm, Applied Statistics, 1979, V. 28, pp. 100–108.9. Tou J.T., Gonzalez R.C., Pattern recognition principles, Addison-Wesley, 1974.
More or to buy article
The article outlines possible future development of drilling and drilling technology in Russia and worldwide, as well as the main criteria that will determine the figures for volumes of drilling in Russia. The main priority in development of drilling technology worldwide is formulated as an ultra-high-spec digital drilling unit; its main specification is briefly described. Analysis is made of international trends in technology and business of drilling, the situation on the home market for drilling services; analytical and calculated data is given for the current state and the directions of development of the rig fleet. Priorities aimed at maintaining the current production level for the next 15 years are pinpointed and validated for industrial production sectors to develop drilling technology and produce new (or upgrade the existing) Russian surface and downhole drilling equipment. The priorities (with the main performance goals) are given as follows: rig-up, automation of tripping, top drive system, solids control systems, high pressure drilling systems, cementing unit, blowout prevention equipment, automated rig control systems, adaptive standalone drilling unit control systems and downhole process systems and equipment. Implementation of these priorities pivots on emergence of Russian electronic component base to create modern and future-oriented automated rig control systems, various bearings, hydraulic components ranging from connectors to pumps, non-magnetic steels and alloys, wear-resistant seals, high-temperature downhole sensors, high-temperature parts for high pressure systems, a fleet of modern Russian machining equipment, etc. A development strategy is suggested for this undertaking by making use of the domestic talent pool and involvement of Military Industrial Complex related companies in civil production programs.
1. Shmelev P., Hard-to-recover reserves as objective reality (In Russ.), Sibirskaya Neft', 2018, V. 149, pp. 17–23, URL: https://www.gazprom-neft.ru/press-center/sibneft-online/archive/2018-march/1489610/
2. Oilfield Market Report 2019, Spears & Associates, Inc., URL: https://spearsresearch.com/reports.
3. Looking into the future with Alan Orr, Drilling Contractor, 2007, January/February, pp. 24–26, URL: https://www.drillingcontractor.org/dcpi/dc-janfeb07/DC_Jan07_orr.pdf
4. Robinson K.A., Mazerov K., Land drillers usher in era of super-spec rigs, URL: https://www.drillingcontractor.org/land-drillers-usher-in-era-of-super-spec-rigs-48413
5. Beyazay-Odemis B., The nature of the firm in the oil industry international oil companies in global business, Routledge, 2018, 167 p.6. Voevoda A.N., Karapetyan K.V., Kolomatskiy V.N., Montazh oborudovaniya pri kustovom burenii skvazhin (Installation of equipment for multiple well drilling), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1987, 206 p.
More or to buy article
The article presents the technology for assessing the risks of mud losses when drilling based on 1D geomechanical modeling in conjunction with the seismic interpretation data MOGT-3D. The work was aimed to increase wells construction efficiency by shortening non-productive period and cutting down resources spending to mud losses elimination when drilling horizontal wells. Based on a combination of seismic and geomechanical data, a methodology has been developed for estimating the equivalent circulating density values, above which the mud losses will appear during drilling. This method makes it possible to predict drilling risks and provide measures to prevent them without increasing the drilling costs. The proposed technology is applied for Srednebotuobinskoye field. In the examples considered, the forecast of mud losses was confirmed in 21 of the 29 wells. Assessing high-risk zones and predicting a safe mud weight window will allow for the development of measures at the pre-drill stage to prevent possible complications and thereby reduce non-productive time, increasing the efficiency of well construction.
In order to further improve the technique, a number of measures have been proposed, including, conducting special methods of geophysical well logging to determine the nature of zones with increased mud loss risks and clarifying the direction of maximum horizontal stress, as well as performing leak-off tests for estimations of mud loss and hydraulic fracture pressures. The seismic-geomechanical model constructed according to the proposed method can be used to solve other equally important tasks: search for zones of increased reservoir properties, the location of the ports of multistage hydraulic fracturing, risk assessment of increased wear of bits and others.
1. Levanov A., Kobyashev A., Chuprov A. et al., Evolution of approaches to oil rims development in terrigenous formations of Eastern Siberia (In Russ.), SPE-187772-RU, 2017.
2. Grachev O.V., Malyutin D.V., Pimenov A.A. et al., Application of geomechanical modeling for well drilling on the Kosukhinskoye field (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2018, no. 11, pp. 41-45.
3. Zoback M.D., Reservoir geomechanics, Cambridge University Press, 2007, 505 ð.4. Fiaer E., Holt R.M., Horsrud P. et al., Petroleum related rock mechanics, Elsevier Science, 2008, v. 53, pp. 209–304.
More or to buy article
The article provides the results of studies on the causes of total mud losses in Neogene and Permian deposits in Samara region oil fields. The problem of total loss of mud during exploration and production wells drilling in the upper intervals is insufficient knowledge of the nature of these complications, the lack of information on the territorial distribution of theif zones, as well as the lack of detailed description of the section with possible complication zones. Based on the analysis of exploration, production and structural wells drilling reports from 1960s to the present, the causes of total mud losses in the Neogene and Permian deposits (on the example of the Zhigulevsko-Pugachevskiy fold) are determined. These causes are associated with destruction of rock masses left after complete erosion of overlying bedrock, incisions of channels of paleo rivers. There is an established regional trend of territorial distribution of total loss of mud circulation zones and their intensity from Buzuluk depression to Zhigulevsko-Pugachevskiy and South-Tatar uplifts, Sokskaya upfold. For a more accurate prediction of complication zones, the article recommends to use detailed geological and technological information that is included into structural wells drilling reports. It is noted that, based on the analysis of structural wells drilling, it has been able to identify four main zones of total loss of mud circulation at the fields of the Zhigulevsko-Pugachevskiy fold depending on the depth and age: in the Neogene deposits; in the Kalinovskaya suite of the Kazanian strata; in the Sakmarian and Asselian strata. The article provides justification of typical well design with overlapping of the Neogene, Kalinovskaya, Sakmarian and Asselian deposits based on thickness and depth of these bedrocks and strata. A method for prediction of lost circulation zones in the Neogene and Permian deposits is proposed. This method is based on detailed description of geological profile of designed well according to the results of drilling of exploration, production and structural wells.
References1. Tyurin V.I., Krasilnikova Z.A., Verevkina N.S., Svodnyy litologo-stratigraficheskiy razrez paleozoyskikh otlozheniy Samarskoy oblasti (Consolidated lithologic-stratigraphic section of the Paleozoic sediments of the Samara region), Leningrad: Publ. of VSEGEI, 1988.
More or to buy article
Exposure to high temperatures on drilling fluids causes increased coagulation, which leads to loss of aggregate and kinetic stability. In drilling practice, the coagulation of drilling mud is caused by an increase in the concentration of the solid phase, the aggression of electrolytes and an increase in temperature. These factors determine the different forms and levels of coagulation processes. When the solution is heated, the peptization of clay particles increases, but the viscosity of the dispersion medium and the protective effect of stabilizers decrease. Depending on the concentration of the solid phase, the aggressiveness of the salt, the presence of a stabilizer and its properties, exposure to high temperature can lead to thinning or thickening of the coagulation, but in any case, the filtration rate increases. Even a small concentration of salts when heated causes coagulation, which is not noticeable at moderate temperatures. Currently, there are no heat-resistant inhibiting drilling fluids for penetration into unstable clay rocks that prevent their hydration and swelling, on the one hand, and heat-resistant saline-saturated drilling fluids with high density for penetration into salt deposits that are resistant to polyvalent cations, on the other hand, a limiting factor is deep drilling in many promising oil and gas regions.
Gazprom VNIIGAZ LLC has developed the Katburr multimedia system, which eliminates the disadvantages of traditional polyanion and non-ionic solutions. Polycation systems is a new direction in the field of drilling fluids. Weighted modifications of polycationic solutions resistant to temperature aggression of 200°C or more have been developed and studied for well construction: a salt-saturated composition for subsalt Jurassic deposits in the central part of the North Caucasus, a hydrogen sulfide-resistant composition for Devonian sediments of the Astrakhan gas condensate field, and a heavier composition for Middle Jurassic deposits of the western part of the North Caucasus.
1. Kister E.G., Khimicheskaya obrabotka burovykh rastvorov (Chemical treatment of drilling fluids), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1972, 392 p.
2. Kister E.G., Pondoeva E.I., Issledovanie mekhanizma stabilizatsii glinistykh suspenziy khromatami (Study of the mechanism of stabilization of clay suspensions by chromates), Proceedings of VNIIBT, 1971, v. 27, pp. 95–103.
3. Gaydarov A.M., Khubbatov A.A., Khrabrov D.V. et al., "CatBurr" polycation systems is a new development in the field of drill muds (In Russ.), Stroitel'stvo neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin na sushe i na more, 2017, no. 7, pp. 36–49.
4. Gaydarov M.M-R., Khubbatov A.A., Gaydarov A.M. et al., “Katburr" polycationic drilling fluids and prospects for their use (In Russ.), Stroitel'stvo neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin na sushe i na more, 2019, no. 7, pp. 19–25.
5. Gaydarov A.M., Khubbatov A.A., Norov A.D. et al., The use of polycationic drilling fluids in the Astrakhanskoye gas and condensate field (In Russ.), Vestnik assotsiatsii burovykh podryadchikov, 2016, no. 2, pp. 20–23.
6. Gaydarov A.M., Khubbatov A.A., Norov A.D., Gaydarov M.M–R., The experience of the application of weighted cationic drilling muds (In Russ.), Heftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2016, no. 9, pp. 44–48.
7. Khubbatov A.A., Gaydarov A.M., Khrabrov D.V. et al., Application of polycationic drilling muds when drilling salt-bearing deposits in the Pre-Caspian Depression (In Russ.), Stroitel'stvo neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin na sushe i na more, 2017, no. 1, pp. 33–39.8. Gaydarov A.M., Khubbatov A.A., Gaydarov M.M-R., Experience with the application of Katburr modifications at the Astrakhan gas condensate field (In Russ.), Inzhener-neftyanik, 2018, no. 2, pp. 15–21.
More or to buy article
The problem of developing deposits with heavy and highly viscous oil, whose global reserves are estimated at 1 trillion tons, special attention has recently been given. In the development of such oil deposits, thermal methods of increasing oil recovery are widely used, in particular, steam and thermal effects on formations. As a rule, for a preliminary assessment of the applicability of a particular technology, in the laboratory, special filtration studies are carried out on core samples that mimic the processes occurring in the reservoir. In this article, a highly viscous bituminous oil deposit (viscosity is 35500 mPa⋅s, density is 1021 kg/m3) with an initial reservoir pressure of 6.8 MPa and a vaporization temperature of 280°C is selected as the object of heat and steam exposure. Under these conditions, the use of a standard core holder providing a maximum temperature of 180°C is not possible.
VNIIneft JSC developed a methodology and laboratory setup for the physical simulation of oil displacement as a result of steam injection at high temperatures. Unlike a traditional core holder, in which a cylindrical core sample is densified by compressing a plastic cuff with liquid pressure, in the proposed method, the core is mounted inside a special high-temperature filtration model designed specifically for experiments with high-temperature steam displacement using a sealing material that can withstand a given temperature. A series of test experiments confirmed that during heating due to thermal expansion, a reliable compaction of the core sample occurs inside the model, which completely prevents the possibility of slipping of the displacing agent along the edge of the sample or model wall.
1. Antoniadi D.G., Valuyskiy A.A., Garushev A.R., The state of oil production by EOR in the total world production (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 1999, no. 1, pp. 16–23.2. Khisamov R.S., Analysis of efficiency of steam-gravity recovery technology for development of heavy oil reserves (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2014, no. 7, pp. 24–27.
More or to buy article
Mars Magnavievich Khasanov
More or to buy article
Determining the phase state of hydrocarbon mixtures based on cubic equations of state is an integral part in modeling of technological processes that accompany oilfield development. When using these equations, it is necessary to determine critical properties of each component or fraction included in the mixture. The quality of the input data in the form of correctly specified values of critical properties affects the reliability of the simulation results. The critical properties of pure components such as methane, ethane, etc. are reference data, however, the libraries of the most well-known software systems have discrepancies in critical properties values both with reference data and with each other. The properties of fractions are calculated on the basis of the use of various correlation dependencies, while there are no universal correlations for determining the properties of fractions. In this regard, it becomes necessary to compare the values of properties calculated by correlations, reference data, and software product libraries.
The article presents the results of an analysis of the critical properties of individual substances given in the reference literature, the properties of fractions calculated by correlations, as well as the values used in commercial software, in order to determine the highest quality data set. Based on conducted analysis recommendations were made on the use of certain correlations which will allow to obtain reliable results in modeling phase equilibrium and calculation of PVT properties of fluids. The results can be used to develop tools for modeling technological processes, in particular, in the RN-SIMTEP corporate software package.
1. Mikhaylov V.G., Volkov M.G., Khalfin R.S., An algorithm of automatic history matching of a thermal flow model of hydrocarbon systems to the laboratory data of the oil composition of Western Siberian fields (In Russ.), Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov, 2017, no. 4(110), pp. 100–110.
2. Brusilovskiy A.I., Fazovye prevrashcheniya pri razrabotke mestorozhdeniy nefti i gaza (Phase transformations in the oil and gas field development), Moscow: Graal' Publ., 2002, 575 p.
3. Ahmed T., A equation of state and PVT analysis. Applications for improved reservoir modeling, Elsevier, 2016, 626 p.
4. Pedersen K.S., Christinsen P.L., Shaikh J.A., Phase behavior of petroleum reservoir fluids, CRC Press, 2015, 446 p.
5. Whitson C.H., Brule M.R., Phase behavior, SPE Monograph, V. 20, Rechardson, Texas, 2000.
6. Vargaftik N.B., Spravochnik po teplofizicheskim svoystvam gazov i zhidkostey (Handbook of thermophysical properties of gases and liquids), Moscow: Nauka Publ., 1972, 721 p.
7. Abrosimov V.F. et al., Metody rascheta teplofizicheskikh svoystv gazov i zhidkostey (Methods for calculating the thermophysical properties of gases and liquids), Moscow: Khimiya Publ., 1974, 248 p.
8. Reid R.C., Prausnitz J.M., Sherwood T.K., The properties of gases and liquids, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1977.
9. Fateev D.G., Issledovanie fazovykh perekhodov gazokondensatnykh smesey v usloviyakh anomal'no vysokogo plastovogo davleniya (Investigation of phase transitions of gas condensate mixtures under conditions of abnormally high reservoir pressure): thesis of candidate of technical science, Tyumen, 2015.
10. Aspen HYSYS simulation basis, Aspen Technology, Inc., 2017, 527 p.
12. PVTi reference manual, Schlumberger, 2010, 428 p.
13. Katz D.L, Firoozabadi A., Predicting phase behavior of condensate/Crude-oil systems using methane interaction coefficients, J. Petrol. Technol., 1978, V. 30, pp. 1649–1655.
More or to buy article
The article presents the results of corrosion activity determination for low-pressure associated gas and gas-lift system gas in Vietsovpetro’s oilfields, as well as practical recommendations for mitigation of corrosion by using inhibitors. The data on concentrations of carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide and water in gas is provided for the last five years. It is demonstrated that the 1.5-fold increase of the rate of internal corrosion of gas pipelines was caused by the increase of carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide and water concentration in the associated gas. The results of corrosion rates determination by three different methods: weight-loss, electrical resistance probes method, and the rates obtained by pipe wall thickness measurements are discussed and analyzed together. The gas-lift pipelines, operated at high pressure (10 MPa or more), deserve a special attention because of high partial pressures of carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulfide that facilitate the development of the corrosion processes. The results of wall thickness measuring of the cut out pipeline segment confirm the high aggressiveness of the gas-lift system gas. This aggressiveness is also expressed in localized corrosion defects such as pitting.
Inhibitor protection is one of the well-established and efficient methods for mitigating corrosion of gas-lift pipeline systems. We discuss the essential requirements for corrosion inhibitors for use in gas-lift pipeline systems. Several corrosion inhibitors for gas-lift pipelines protection are suggested following the field trials performed. The dozing regimes and inhibitor consumptions rates were determined, depending on total length of the respective pipelines. Preliminary analysis of corrosion rates data, obtained from the oil field corrosion monitoring system, demonstrates that the selected inhibitors are highly efficient and lower corrosion rates to almost 10 times.
1. Medvedeva M.L., Korroziya i zashchita ot korrozii oborudovaniya pri pererabotke nefti i gaza (Corrosion and corrosion protection of the equipment in the of oil and gas refining), Moscow: Neft' i Gaz Publ., 2005, 312 p.
2. Palmer Andrew C., King Roger A., Subsea pipeline engineering, PennWell Corporation, 2008, 570 p.
3. De Waard C., Lotz U., Prediction of CO2 corrosion of carbon steel, CORROSION, 1993, V. 6, no. 2, pp. 3–32.
4. Srinivasan S., Jangama V.R., Kane R.D., Prediction of corrosivity of multiphase CO2/H2S systems, Proceedings of EUROCORR’97, 1997, V. 1, p. 35.
More or to buy article
The quality of cleaning of perforation channels and bottom-hole zone from colmatant directly affects the productivity of wells and reservoirs. One of the methods of production intensification is wave action on reservoir structures with fluid. A number of researchers have proposed devices and technologies for vibration-wave effects implemented directly at the well faces, often without substantiating them either theoretically or experimentally To improve the quality of controlling the parameters of the vibrating microwave effect in order to clean the perforation channels and the bottomhole zone of the formation, numerical simulation of turbulent flooded jets beating to a standstill was performed using the ANSYS Workbench 19.1 software package. The overpressure arising in the perforation channels at different distances of the nozzles orifices from the inlet openings of the perforation channels and under other variable conditions is quantified. The authors obtained calculated dependences of the impulse pressure occurring at the dead end of the perforation channel when the jet of a high-pressure jet of fluid and the perforation channel coincide, on the nozzle moving speed, geometrical parameters of the downhole device, production string diameter, fluid properties, nozzle profile and other factors. A comparison of simulation results and experimental data indicates their satisfactory convergence.
1. Dyblenko V.P., Kamalov R.N., Shariffulin R.Ya., Tufanov I.A., Povyshenie produktivnosti i reanimatsiya skvazhin s primeneniem vibrovolnovogo vozdeystviya (Increasing productivity and reanimation of wells using vibrowave impact), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 2000, 404 p.
2. Ibragimov L.Kh., Mishchenko I.T., Cheloyants D.K., Intensifikatsiya dobychi nefti (Oil well stimulation), Moscow: Nauka Publ., 2000, 414 p.
3. Patent no. 2542015 C1 RF, Rotary hydraulic vibrator, Inventors: Omel'yanyuk M.V., Pakhlyan I.A.
4. Abramovich G.N., Teoriya turbulentnykh struy (Theory of turbulent jets), Moscow: Fizmatgiz Publ., 1960, 715 p.
5. Kozodoy A.K., Determination of parameters of jet flooded jets (In Russ.), Izvestiya vuzov. Neft' i gaz, 1959, no. 6, pp. 103–108.
6. Varlamov E.P., Gidrodinamicheskie protsessy na zaboe skvazhiny i sovershenstvovanie sistem promyvki burovykh dolot (Hydrodynamic processes at the bottom of the well and improvement of flushing systems for drill bits): thesis of doctor of technical science, Ufa, 1997.
7. Rodionov V.P., Modelirovanie kavitatsionno-erozionnykh protsessov, vozbuzhdaemykh gidrodinamicheskimi struynymi izluchatelyami (Modelirovanie kavitatsionno-erozionnykh protsessov, vozbuzhdaemykh gidrodinamicheskimi struynymi izluchatelyami): thesis of doctor of technical science, St. Petersburg, 2001.
8. Varapaev V.N., Doroshenko A.V., Lantsova I.Yu., Numerical simulation of propagation of plane turbulent straitened jet in counter flow using LES turbulence model, Procedia Engineering, 2016, V. 153, pp. 816–823, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2016.08.248
9. Ukolov A.I., Rodionov V.P., Verification of numerical simulation results and experimental data of the cavitation influence on hydrodynamic characteristics of a jet flow (In Russ.), Vestnik MGTU im. N.E. Baumana. Ser. Estestvennye nauki, 2018, no. 4, pp. 102–114, https://doi.org/10.18698/1812-3368-2018-4-102-114
10. Elkafas A.G., Elgohary M.M., Zeid A.E., Numerical study on the hydrodynamic drag force of a container ship model, Alexandria Engineering Journal, 2019, V. 58, pp. 849–859, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aej.2019.07.004
11. Ali M., Yan C., Sun Z. et al., CFD simulation of dust particle removal efficiency of a venturi scrubber in CFX, Nuclear Engineering and Design, 2013, V. 256, pp. 169–177, https://doi:10.1016/j.nucengdes.2012.12.01312. Kuchumov R.Ya., Shagiev R.G., Issledovanie vliyaniya viboudarnykh voln na pronitsaemost' iskusstvennogo kerna (Study of the impact of shock waves on the permeability of artificial core), Proceedings of UNI, 1974, V. 17, pp. 44–46.
More or to buy article
The article considers equipment package for applying technology of thermal-gas-chemical pay zone treatment using binary mixtures. The main advantages of the new technology are shortly described. The authors made an analysis of the main disadvantages of traditional universal equipment for performing of the thermal-gas-chemical simulation method using binary mixtures. Typical arrangement scheme of such equipment at the oil field is given. The basic principles and problems in the design of the pilot technological installations thermal-gas-chemical simulation method using binary mixtures are considered. The composition of designed and manufactured fleet for thermal-gas-chemical pay zone treatment and its characteristics are presented. The typical arrangement scheme of pilot equipment at the oil field is given. The main advantages of pilot equipment are argued. The main tasks are formulated that were solved in the design of equipment package for thermal-gas-chemical pay zone treatment using binary mixtures. The design took into account the features and disadvantages identified during the two stages of the pilot tests. Basic differences of equipment package from the pilot fleet, its advantages and the features are shown. The main characteristics of automation equipment, automated process control systems are provided, the view of the control panel (mnemonic diagram) of the pump unit UN-01 is given. The conclusion is made, that designed equipment package can be implementing in the oilfield operators practice.
1. Agliullin M.M., Abdullin V.M., Abdullin M.M., Kurmaev S.A., Development and implementation of thermobar-chemical method of increasing the productivity of oil and gas wells (In Russ.), Neftegazovoe delo = The electronic scientific journal Oil and Gas Business, 2004, no. 2, pp. 1–19, URL: http://www.ogbus.ru.
2. Tret'yak A.Ya., Chikhotkin V.F., Rybal'chenko Yu.M., Chikin A.V., Increasing the productivity of production wells at the Leonovskoye gas and oil field (In Russ.), Izvestiya VUZov. Severo-Kavkazskiy region, 2004, no. 2, pp. 67–69.
3. Khisamov R.S.,Tatneft's experience in producing high-viscosity bituminous oils (In Russ.), Georesursy, 2007, no. 3(22), pp. 8–10.
4. Silin M.A. et al., Novye tekhnologii dobychi i ispol'zovaniya uglevodorodnogo syr'ya (New technologies for the production and use of hydrocarbons), Moscow: Publ. of National Institute of Oil and Gas, 2014, 452 p.
5. Vershinin V.E., Vershinin M.V., Zavolzhskiy V.B. et al., Kinetics of chemical reactions at thermogaschemical impact on a bottomhole zone of wells water solutions of binary mixes (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2016, no. 12, pp. 114–117.
6. Aleksandrov E.N., Aleksandrov P.E., Kuznetsov N.M. et al., The high-temperature reaction regime of binary mixtures and enhancement of oil recovery from water-flooded fields (In Russ.), Neftekhimiya = Petroleum Chemistry, 2013, V. 53, no. 4, pp. 312–320.
7. Aleksandrov E.N. et al., Hydrocarbon oxidation in a porous medium under the supercritical state of the initial and final reaction products (In Russ.), Nauka i tekhnologii v promyshlennosti, 2012, no. 3, pp. 80–87.
8. Vershinin V.E., Varavva A.I., Tatosov A.V., Lishchuk A.N., The thermal effect estimation of the bottomhole formation zone treatment by heat-producing binary mixtures (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2018, no. 6, pp. 122–125.
9. Kravchenko M.N. et al., Hydrodynamic modeling of thermochemical treatment of low permeable kerogen-containing reservoirs (In Russ.), Georesursy, 2018, V. 20, no. 3, pp. 178–185.
10. Aleksandrov E.N., Lemenovsky D.A., Petrov A.L., Lidgi- Goriaev V.Yu., Resource-efficient technology for heavy oil and bitumen recovery with low water cut (In Russ.), Georesursy = Georesources, 2009, no. 1(29), pp. 2–7.
11. Patent no. RU2696714C1, Method for thermo-chemical treatment of oil reservoir, Inventors: Vershinin V.E., Kravchenko M.N., Kataev A.V., Lishchuk A.N., Rysev K.N., Filippova N.B.
12. Patent no. RU2638259C1, Biphase mixing pump, Inventors: Kataev A.V., Niktin V.N., Kedrovskikh K.Yu.
13. Patent no. RU2635800C1, Mobile plant for preparing solution of binary mixture for thermochemical treatment of oil-gas-bearing formation, Inventors: Gil'manov Yu.A., Kataev A.V., Lishchuk A.N., Platunov V.A., Rysev K.N.14. Patent no. RU2674046C1, Complex device for surveying high-temperature wells, Inventors: Kataev A.V., Lishchuk A.N., Rysev K.N.
More or to buy article
Graifer Valeriy Isaakovich. Vladimirov Albert Ilyich
More or to buy article
The article analyzes the possibility of creating an low-flow (13–35 m3/day) electric centrifugal pump (ECP) unit for marginal wells-producers which is not inferior in terms of efficiency to ECP units of average productivity with taking into account complicated pump operating conditions. A new approach to increasing the hydraulic efficiency of low-flow ECP unit is considered. The reason that restricts the use of ECP for the operation of wells with low productivity is the low efficiency. This is due to hydraulic losses in the narrow flow channels of the impeller and the design features of pumps with a wide size. The results showed that the slotted flow channel is characterized by the largest specific surface area and the smallest hydraulic radius, respectively, losses due to hydraulic friction will be the greatest compared to losses in other forms of the channel. Studies of the influence of the width and shape of the flowing channels of the impellers are carried out. It was established that an increase in the width of the flowing channels of the impeller for low-flow pumps entails a decrease in its radial size and leads to a decrease in the flow and pressure.
When designing a low-flow pump for the basic version adopted ECP-80 pump with a two-fold reduction in diameter, expansion flow channel to a square cross-section shape and increased frequency rotation of the impeller from 3000 to 6000 min-1. Calculated speed coefficient of the designed pump 122.5 is located in the zone of the highest efficiency of the pump and characterizes the designed pump as highly efficient in terms of hydraulic efficiency. The efficiency of operation of a low-flow ECPU is considered depending on the layout length of the section.
1. Proceedings of the scientific-practical conference on energy-efficient ESP (In Russ.), Neftegazovaya Vertikal', 2001, no, 1 (pilot number), pp. 1–42.
2. Kuz'michev N.P., Short-term well operation - An energy-efficient method for oil production from low- and medium-rate wells (In Russ.), Neftegazovaya vertikal', 2013, no. 2, pp. 70–72.
3. Ivanovskiy V.N., The energy of well operation by mechanized methods, the choice of the method of operation, ways to improve energy efficiency (In Russ.), Inzhenernaya praktika, 2010, no. 3.
4. Es'man I.G., Es'man B.I., Es'man V.I., Gidravlika i gidravlicheskie mashiny (Hydraulics and hydraulic machines), Baku: Azerbaydzhanskoe gosudarstvennoe izdatel'stvo neftyanoy i nauchno-tekhnicheskoy literatury Publ., 1955, 480 p.
More or to buy article
To date, one of the most urgent tasks of mechanized oil production is to increase the profitability of well operation, especially low-rate and complicated Fund. One of the promising ways to solve this problem is to improve traditional and develop alternative operating technologies, in particular, plunger pumps with downhole linear drive. The efficiency of plunger pumps is largely determined by the load acting on the plunger. A significant increase in cyclic variable loads on the plunger and drive is due to pressure oscillations in the lift pipes resulting from uneven pump flow during the pumping cycle.
The paper investigates the formation of flow velocity and pressure fields in lift pipes during the operation of wells by plunger pumps with downhole drive. The use of pneumatic compensators aimed at smoothing the flow rate and pressure in lift pipes as part of the pumping unit is proposed. A mathematical model of unsteady fluid flow in the lift pipes of a plunger installation with a system of pneumatic compensators, based on the laws of conservation of mass and momentum for the flow, is developed. The analytical dependence is obtained, which allows to calculate the pressure dynamics at the pump discharge for a given law of change in the pump supply and a given energy intensity of the pneumatic compensator system. Simulation of pumping high-viscosity fluid submersible plunger installation shows that the equipment of the well system of pneumatic compensators can significantly reduce the amplitude of oscillations of speed and pressure in the lift pipes. The maximum load on the pump plunger and drive, as well as the power consumed by the pump unit, is also reduced by reducing the amplitude of the pressure fluctuations at the pump outflow.
1. Bakhtizin R.N., Urazakov K.R., Latypov B.M., Ishmukhametov B.Kh., Fluid leakage in a sucker-rod pump with regular micro-relief at surface of the plunger (In Russ.), Neftegazovoe delo, 2016, V. 14, no. 4, pp. 33–39.
2. Gilaev G.G., Bakhtizin R.N., Urazakov K.R., Sovremennye metody nasosnoy dobychi nefti (Modern methods of pumping oil production), Ufa: Vostochnaya pechat' Publ., 2016, 412 p.
3. Bakhtizin R.N., Urazakov K.R., Timashev E.O., Belov A.E., A new approach of quantifying the technical condition of rod units with the solution of inverse dynamic problems by multidimensional optimization methods (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 7, pp. 118–122.
4. Urazakov K.R., Zhulaev V.P., Bulyukova F.Z., Molchanova V.A., Nasosnye ustanovki dlya malodebitnykh skvazhin (Pumping units for low debit wells), Ufa: Publ. of USPTU, 2014, 236 p.
5. Vdovin E.Yu., Lokshin L.I., Lur'e M.A. et al., New technologies for operating low-yield and periodic stock (In Russ.), Inzhenernaya praktika, 2017, no. 11, pp. 40–43.
6. Zotov A.N., Timashev E.O., Urazakov K.R., Methods of pressure damping upon the ostium of sucker rod pumps (In Russ.), Neftegazovoe delo, 2018, V. 16, no. 6, pp. 56–64.
7. Urazakov K.R., Timashev E.O., Tukhvatullin R.S., Wellhead pneumatic compensator of the sucker-rod pumping unit (In Russ.), Territoriya NEFTEGAZ, 2017, no. 12, pp. 60–64.
8. Khasanov M.M., Valeev M.D., Urazakov K.R., On the nature of fluid motion fluctuations in the tubing of deep pump wells (In Russ.), Izvestiya vuzov. Ser. Neft' i Gaz, 1991, no. 11, pp. 32-36.
9. Timashev E.O., Urazakov K.R., Dynamics of flow rate and pressure in the tubing of plunger pumps with downhole drive (In Russ.), Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov, 2019, no. 5, pp. 45–55.
10. Urazakov K.R., Molchanova V.A., Topol'nikov A.S., Mathematical model of a rod installation with an ejector for pumping gas from the annulus (In Russ.), Interval, 2007, no. 6, pp. 54–60.
11. Bakhtizin R.N., Urazakov K.R., Ismagilov S.F. et al., Dynamic model of a rod pump installation for inclined wells, SOCAR Proceedings, 2017, no. 4, pp. 74-82.
12. Nigmatulin R.I., Dinamika mnogofaznykh sred (The dynamics of multiphase media), Part 1, Moscow: Nauka Publ., 1987, 464 p.
More or to buy article
Predicting the residual life of pipelines with surface defects has always been associated with time-consuming and high-cost testing of full-size pipes and pipe strings, since it is not possible to implement a biaxial stress-strain state that occurs in the pipe wall under the influence of internal pressure on standard samples. A method and a special form of the sample segment for cyclic testing of pipe steels according to the criteria of fracture mechanics have been developed. A full-thickness sample is cut from the wall of the pipeline under investigation. The minimum geometric dimensions of its working part, associated with the thickness of the pipe wall, are determined and allow modeling the stress-strain state of the pipeline wall loaded with internal pressure in the center of the working part of the sample under uniaxial tension. Applying an artificial surface crack-like stress concentrator in the center of the working part of the sample with a fixed depth and length of no more than 30% of the width of the sample’s working part allows using the "marks" method to evaluate the parameters of the metal crack resistance of the pipeline under cyclic loading conditions. Plotting of kinetic diagrams of fatigue fracture metal, for the pipeline wall allows assessing numerically the effect of duration of pipeline operation in difficult climatic conditions, the changes in the physico-mechanical characteristics of pipeline metal.
The authors also investigated the cyclic crack resistance of metal pipes made of steel of K52 – K54 strength class in the state of delivery and after 45-55 years of operation. The parameters of cyclic loading were taken from the existing oil trunk pipeline and schematized using the "rain" method. The remaining life of the pipeline wall with a 20% depth of grinding and a surface stress concentrator at the bottom of the grinding with a depth of 1.5 mm, a length of 20 mm, and an opening of 0.2 mm is predicted. Dimensions of the surface concentrator are selected from the condition of stable registration by non-destructive testing methods even in the underwater position. Samples from pipes of K60 strength class of controlled rolling were used to evaluate cyclic durability of the wall restored after electric arc grinding by electric arc build-up.
1. Rodionova S.G., Revel'-Muroz P.A., Lisin Yu.V. et al., Scientific-technical, socio-economic and legal aspects of oil and oil products transport reliability (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2016, no. 5 (25), pp. 20–31.
2. Lisin Yu.V., Neganov D.A., Makhutov N.A., Zorin N.E., Application of size-scale effect for main pipeline strength foundation (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2017, no. 6, pp. 112–116.
3. Zorin E.E., Razrabotka osnov prognozirovaniya rabotosposobnosti svarnykh truboprovodov iz ferrito-perlitnykh staley s uchetom usloviy ekspluatatsii (Development of the basis for predicting the performance of welded pipelines made of ferritic-pearlitic steels, taking into account operating conditions): thesis of doctor of technical science, Moscow, 1993, 333 p.
4. Demina N.I., Zilova T.K., Fridman Ya.B., Methods of mechanical testing of sheet materials under biaxial tension (In Russ.), Zavodskaya laboratoriya, 1964, no. 5.
5. Lyapichev D.M., Modelirovanie dvukhosnogo napryazhennogo sostoyaniya na krupnomasshtabnykh trubnykh segmentakh v usloviyakh odnoosnogo rastyazheniya (Simulation of a biaxial stress state on large-scale pipe segments under uniaxial tension): graduate work, Moscow, 2009.
6. Basov K.A., ANSYS: spravochnik pol'zovatelya (ANSYS: user guide), Moscow: DMK Press Publ., 2005, 640 p.
7. Zorin N.E., Eksperimental'naya otsenka rabotosposobnosti trub magistral'nykh gazoprovodov pri tsiklicheskom nagruzhenii (Experimental evaluation of the performance of pipes of gas pipelines under cyclic loading): thesis of candidate of technical science, Moscow, 2010, 143 p.
8. Neganov D.A., Makhutov N.A., Zorin N.E., Formation of requirements to reliability and security of the exploited sections of the linear part of trunk pipelines transportation of oil and oil products (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 6, pp. 106–112.9. Geyt A.V., Zorin E.E., Mikhaylov I.I., Application of automated ultrasonic inspection systems in assessing the quality of girth welds of main pipelines (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2018, V. 8, no. 3, pp. 92–101.
More or to buy article
Oil fields exploitation influence on all environmental media, especially on surface waters and bottom clays. On the other when the hydrochemical state of surface waters changes due to heavy rainfall, temperature fluctuations and other factors, bottom sediments are less prone to temporary fluctuations and act as an indicator of the state of surface waters in general. Bottom sediments as a natural reservoir allow to understand the nature of the presence of certain pollutants in them. In addition to the anthropogenic sources causing pollution of water bodies, their condition is significantly affected by the geochemical factors of the catchment formation, the landscape structure of the territory and the peculiarities of the watercourses recharge (ratio of sources).
Hydrocarbon production on the territory of the Rogozhnikovskoye field has been going on for 15 years, and environmental studies has been carried out for 20 years. This allowed not only to determine the background state of natural environments, but also to assess their state in dynamics. At the same time, external pollution introduced by air flows and transit streams, as well as the natural and geographical features of the geochemical province within which the field is located, were taken into account. An important factor is that the southwestern part of the field is cut by the Ob River and numerous channels and is flooded during high water for several months with a multimeter layer of water. Therefore, any pollution that enters the watercourses will be spread beyond the pollution source.
An analysis of the data obtained over a 20-year observation period for the state of surface waters, including bottom clays, allows to state that the content of the ingredients determined during environmental monitoring is within the established quality standards and corresponds to the geochemical characteristics inherent in the Belogorsk landscape province. This indicates that the long-term development of the Rogozhnikovskoye oil field did not lead to pollution of surface waters and bottom sediments. No geochemical anomalies due to hydrocarbon production have been revealed.
1. State report “O sostoyanii i ispol'zovanii mineral'no-syr'evykh resursov Rossiyskoy Federatsii v 2016 i 2017 godakh” (On the state and use of mineral resources of the Russian Federation in 2016 and 2017), Moscow: Mineral-Info Publ., 2018, 370 p.
2. Report. Khanty-Mansiysk: service for control and supervision in the field of environmental protection, wildlife and forest relations of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug-Ugra “Ob ekologicheskoy situatsii v Khanty-Mansiyskom avtonomnom okruge-Yugre v 2018 godu” (On the environmental situation in the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra in 2018), Khanty-Mansiysk, 2019, 187 p.
3. Uvarova V.I., Current state of water quality in the Ob river within the Tyumen region (In Russ.), Vestnik ekologii, lesovedeniya i landshaftovedeniya, 2000, no. 1, pp. 23–33.
4. Solodovnikov A.Yu., Khattu A.A., Belogorye: features and natural environments state (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2012, no. 8, pp. 76–80.
More or to buy article
Environmental and technological requirements to the processes of efficient drilling waste disposal system exclude the possibility of pollutants entering the environmental compartments. The necessity to meet these requirements has led to the development of scientific research in the field of development of the improved methods for drilling waste utilization, especially under the Far North and Arctic conditions, where the largest oil and gas basins of the country are being developed. The tasks to reduce and prevent pollution in the northern oil and gas fields can be solved with the use of technological methods of drilling waste dehydration, using geotextile filtering containers, which are then used, inter alia, as construction elements for roads and well pads.
The article presents an effective technology for dewatering drilling waste, employing the soft filter containers. The dehydrated drilling cuttings were assigned to the 5th hazard group and can be used in construction works in the field area. The resulting water filtrate after its separation from liquid hydrocarbons is used to re-prepare drilling mud or to maintain formation pressure. The achieved high efficiency of the drilling cuttings treatment became the basis for the development of a new device for the dewatering and packing of drilling oil cuttings – textile decanter. The technology is currently undergoing pilot testing at the drilling waste landfill in Novy Urengoy, and new data collection allows further optimization of the waste treatment process.
1. Semenychev V.G., Mazlova E.A., Savonina E.Yu., Maryutina T.A., Assessment of potential threat of drilling mud resulting from offshore drilling for the marine ecosystem (In Russ.), Zashchita okruzhayushchey sredy v neftegazovom komplekse, 2014, no. 12, pp. 73–77.
2. Matvienko V.V., Kuznetsov V.A., Tsekhanskiy M.V., On the issue of modern methods of processing and disposal of drilling waste (In Russ.), Neft' i Gaz Sibiri, 2017, no. 3(28), URL: http://sib-ngs.ru/journals/article/681
3. Perevalov S.N., Ivleva A.A., Current technologies and methods of disposal of drilling waste (In Russ.), Mezhdunarodnyy nauchno-issledovatel'skiy zhurnal, 2013, no. 11-1 (18), pp. 63–66.
4. URL: http://geotub.ru/manufacture
5. Leonov V.V., Antonovskii D.M., Possibilities of using spatial dehydrating (filtering) constructions based on geotubes (In Russ.), Santekhnika, 2017, no. 5, pp. 38–43, URL: https://www.abok.ru/for_spec/articles/33/6784/6784.pdf
6. Tekhnologiya obezvozhivaniya GEOTUBE®, (GEOTUBE dewatering technology), URL: http://iaat.ru/ukladka_geotub.pdf
8. Primenenie tekhnologii Geotube® v ZhKKh (Application of Geotube® technology in housing and communal services), URL: http://admir-ea.ru
9. Fridman K.B., Mironenko O.V., Belkin A.S. et al., Experimental basis for hygienic assessment methods using geotube dewatering during storage of municipal wastewater precipitants (In Russ.), Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta, 2017, V. 12, no. 2, pp. 202–211.
10. Mattoo S.M., Shrivastava V., Raji N.K. et al., Experimental investigation of dewatering of dairy sludge by pressure filter using geotextile and alum, nano particles for sludge conditioning, American Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering, 2018, V. 2, no. 2, pp. 26–31, DOI: 10.11648/j.ajese.20180202.11.
11. Geotekstil' tkanyy iz polipropilenovykh nitey (Geotextile woven from polypropylene yarns), URL: https://www.megatehdv.ru/goods/92077454-geotextil_tkany_iz_polipropilenovykh_nitey_pt_pp_50_50
12. TenCate Geotube® geocontainment technology has protected shorelines, rebuilt beaches, and reclaimed land from the sea, ArchiEXPO, URL: https://www.archiexpo.com/prod/tencate/product-59331-1065545.html
13. Kizilova C.A., Prerequisites for the construction of artificial island territories of the XXI century (In Russ.), Architecture and Modern Information Technologies, 2018, no. 1 (42), pp. 187–200.
14. Patent no. RU2688820C1, Device and method of processing oil sludge, Inventors: Semenychev V.G., Baryshev I.G., Mazlova E.A.15. Patent no. RU2701670C1, Device for dehydration and packing of drilling oil sludge, Inventors: Baryshev I.G., Kataki R.D.
More or to buy article